The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Instead I went to see my folks for a few hours. Always nice to be out in the sticks. Sheep were up in the top field making a racket, which was nice!

Always liked the English countryside. It's something about it.

• Like 1

Spent the afternoon in a pub beer garden with some friends I hadn't seen for over a year, watching another mate's band. Enjoyably relaxing. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Spent the afternoon in a pub beer garden with some friends I hadn't seen for over a year, watching another mate's band. Enjoyably relaxing. 

Sounds perfect . The joys of having a few beers in a beer garden, so simple, but great enjoyment. What type of music do they play .

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sounds perfect . The joys of having a few beers in a beer garden, so simple, but great enjoyment. What type of music do they play .

Acoustic/country/singer-songwritery stuff (much the same as me, really). Not particularly great at it, but nice outdoors on a summer afternoon. There was one drunk in the audience who was shouting "Play some Pink Floyd!"  :)

• Haha 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Acoustic/country/singer-songwritery stuff (much the same as me, really). Not particularly great at it, but nice outdoors on a summer afternoon. There was one drunk in the audience who was shouting "Play some Pink Floyd!"  :)

Always one isn’t there 😃

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sounds good.

We had a nice day out yesterday too with friends and went for a meal. Kids all got on and behaved which really helped.

First time in ages it felt fairly "normal" to be honest.

• Like 1

We had a quiet one. Done what was needed but generally kept it low key. With had a few busy weekends lately, so was nice to do very little. I find this day and age there’s always pressure to go out and do summat every weekend as a family. Never used to be like that, well not that I remember . Kids get bored too easily nowadays .

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Congratulations 

Thanks. We were originally going to get married in June 2020 but because of the pandemic we thought we would be all sorted by now. When it was clear that it wasn't going to happen "as planned" we changed it to a small ceremony and a meal with a Reception later in the year when hopefully it has all cleared up. Not sure family were overtly keen as we think they wanted to "show off" a bit but actually worked out nicer for us as meant we could actually spend some time together rather than having to talk to random people. Still knackering though - how the hell people have the energy for a full day I don't know!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

@Seat68 I’ve got the day to myself Saturday . Thinking of getting the boogie train over to Stafford. Have you been in the local record shops? I think there’s 2-3 having looked online. Just wondered if any are decent. 

There is one that was in the market called double double good, it tended to favour shite like Ocean Colour scene and shit that football casuals are into from the 90s. I suppose the name gives it away. They have moved to Mill Street. They do sell a variety though so worth a visit.
The other place is an absolute **** nightmare. It might be open, it might not be. It is also rammed to the gills with vinyl.   Collectible Records on Wolverhampton Road. Head away past TK Maxx and its a yellow fronted shop round the bend. Absolutely chock full of stuff.  

If I wasnt out in my van this weekend I would show you the sights. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There is one that was in the market called double double good, it tended to favour shite like Ocean Colour scene and shit that football casuals are into from the 90s. I suppose the name gives it away. They have moved to Mill Street. They do sell a variety though so worth a visit.
The other place is an absolute **** nightmare. It might be open, it might not be. It is also rammed to the gills with vinyl.   Collectible Records on Wolverhampton Road. Head away past TK Maxx and its a yellow fronted shop round the bend. Absolutely chock full of stuff.  

If I wasnt out in my van this weekend I would show you the sights. 

I did think the one on Wolvo road would be my best bet. I’ve met the bloke before and he seemed sound enough and is Into classic rock etc. Shame that could have had a few beers with ya. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I did think the one on Wolvo road would be my best bet. I’ve met the bloke before and he seemed sound enough and is Into classic rock etc. Shame that could have had a few beers with ya. 

Definitely. My suggestion is give him a call late morning tomorrow and ask him what time he will be open on Saturday. 

• Like 1

my mate and I are meeting up in Monmouth this weekend for a few beers and a day in a blacksmiths forge making a knife from scratch. 

the Euros quarter finals on Friday and Saturday will also be a welcome accompaniment to all the beverages that will get consumed! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

my mate and I are meeting up in Monmouth this weekend for a few beers and a day in a blacksmiths forge making a knife from scratch. 

the Euros quarter finals on Friday and Saturday will also be a welcome accompaniment to all the beverages that will get consumed! 

So let me get this right. You will be tanked up all weekend wielding a knife. What could go wrong . I’ll see you on the news getting tasered to death 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Some of the greatest and worst albums in the world were recorded in Monmouth

EDIT: In fact my all time favourite album Heaven Up Here was recorded there

• Like 1

Â