The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Setting off for Bristol in a bit for a Dad and Lad day out - will be seeing Shang-Chi at the cinema, having some nice food before taking the boy to his first gig - Ash at the O2!

Driving back afterwards so hopefully home by 130am

These are the days we live for.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 07:48, theboyangel said:

Setting off for Bristol in a bit for a Dad and Lad day out - will be seeing Shang-Chi at the cinema, having some nice food before taking the boy to his first gig - Ash at the O2!

Driving back afterwards so hopefully home by 130am

Field trip report lost in post?

59 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Field trip report lost in post?

My sincere apologies - have had birthday shizzle to deal with this morning 😬

loved Shang-Chi and the 10 Rings. As an origin story for a little known character, Marvel smashed it out of the park. Great action sequences and some good comedic moments. would definitely watch again!

Decent snackage at The Quay Street Diner - philly steak and cheese sub, burgers and fries topped with bacon bits and bacon dust! 

Ash were superb too - the O2 was a decent venue and could see the stage no problem. Ash had two support bands (The Gulps and Indoor Pets - both good as support) and played all the hits, finishing just after 11pm! 

Got home just before 1am, watched MoTD (Villa highlights only) before bed! 

Report ends… 

5F1C49A5-93D8-4A38-AD9D-80D7CC109C20.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My sincere apologies - have had birthday shizzle to deal with this morning 😬

loved Shang-Chi and the 10 Rings. As an origin story for a little known character, Marvel smashed it out of the park. Great action sequences and some good comedic moments. would definitely watch again!

Decent snackage at The Quay Street Diner - philly steak and cheese sub, burgers and fries topped with bacon bits and bacon dust! 

Ash were superb too - the O2 was a decent venue and could see the stage no problem. Ash had two support bands (The Gulps and Indoor Pets - both good as support) and played all the hits, finishing just after 11pm! 

Got home just before 1am, watched MoTD (Villa highlights only) before bed! 

Report ends… 

5F1C49A5-93D8-4A38-AD9D-80D7CC109C20.jpeg

Hope the lad enjoyed it as much as his old man.

What a lovely day. Was up at 6.15 chilling out getting ahead of the day . We all went up to watch my lads football training. Came back and played two albums. Took kids to the park, and then find out villa get a late winner at United. The day is then topped off with a King Crimson album which honestly went down like a fine wine it felt that good. Just sat there in the bedroom not asleep but eyes closed whilst it played . Nice end to the day , but Villa winning the way they did at Old Trafford was the pinnacle of the day . Happy Saturday night everyone . 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well a lot has changed since the previous post in this thread, hasn’t it? 

Pub crawl with the guys around Digbeth from around 4pm onwards. Hotel booked so I’m in for the long haul. Occasionally checking my phone to see whether there is jubilation or misery to found in on topic. Although I dare say the company I keep will keep me informed. 

That’s really neither here nor there. I’m planning on being far too drunk to care either way by about 8pm.

Very much looking forward to a proper night out with the fellas. Will be in the Roxy Ballroom playing beer pong (wouldn’t have been my choice of game, but am happy to play). Probably end up finding some bar with a band. Norton’s probably.

• Like 2

Having a rare day out with some mates locally. 

Starting off in my town for a quick pint before a taxi to Totnes, around 12 miles away to watch the England South Africa game, a visit to the local micro brewery pub and then watching ex-members of Kula Shaker play in a small bar! 

looking forward to it! 

next week it’s a meet up with a mate in Bristol for beverages and the Shame gig! 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wondering if @Mark Albrighton has survived drinking in town with all the 'propa blooz' fans. 

Mate. 

Very drunk. Some escapades that I thought we were too old for, turns out that while we are too old, we’re still sufficiently stupid enough to do them.

One friendship is quite possibly over. 

We (as a group - not me, I’d like to stress) were thrown out of Snobs. 

The two incidents were not linked.

Overall, reasonable night. 

Mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Very drunk. Some escapades that I thought we were too old for, turns out that while we are too old, we’re still sufficiently stupid enough to do them.

One friendship is quite possibly over. 

We (as a group - not me, I’d like to stress) were thrown out of Snobs. 

The two incidents were not linked.

Overall, reasonable night. 

Mate.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

giphy.gif

Haha I don’t think I can offer much in the way of details with regards to being kicked out of Snobs.

We were on one of the dance floors, when we arrived it was empty. Literally empty. As such we “owned” the dance floor for a while. After 20/30 minutes or so there were more people dancing. I think possibly my mates continued their enthusiasm despite there being less room. I’m not 100% sure as I was at our table when I was informed by one of my mates that we’d been asked to leave. But that would be my guess. 

For the record, my one mate is convinced they wanted us out because we were bumping up the average age of the patrons.

As for the falling out, my (former?) mate has a habit of drinking, getting depressed, getting angry and taking it out on everyone else. The shortcomings he feels he has in his life, they are everyone else’s fault. It’s not the first time it’s exploded and the friendship has been strained, but normally it’s shrugged off. 

This time it feels a bit different, he normally falls out with one person, this time he was spoiling for a verbal fight with pretty much everyone, relatively early on in the evening. My one mate who would typically take a more advocate role when this guy gets like this seems to believe a line had been crossed this time. 

We’ll see how it pans out. I can’t say I’m too bothered if that’s the end. But I’m not going to find myself in a similar situation with him again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, due to the weather, not a lot this weekend. Was planning on seeing my folks as its my Dad's 70th this weekend but the roads make that impossible today. 

May review the situation tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Heading to Telford for Christmas shopping. They don't appear to have had a single flake of snow. 

Indeed, my Mom said it was fine over there, just high winds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Off to see my folks today... they've got a new (rescue) cat, so will get to see him. Back in time for a curry tonight and not much planned for the rest of the weekend or the week ahead at the moment. 

• Like 2

Â