The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s minor up and Pyg down. Luckily the weather looks good 

I think the Pen y Pass car park is pre booking only these days. I think that's by miners/pyg if that makes any difference to your plans.

Good comfy footwear sensible for walking, sun cream, sun hat, lots of water.

It's been really really hot this week in da wales. I've been sweating buckets just painting outside in this sun. Gonna be lovely Vive.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I think the Pen y Pass car park is pre booking only these days. I think that's by miners/pyg if that makes any difference to your plans.

Good comfy footwear sensible for walking, sun cream, sun hat, lots of water.

It's been really really hot this week in da wales. I've been sweating buckets just painting outside in this sun. Gonna be lovely Vive.

Thanks. We’re going on a coach so parking etc all organised. I’m good to go.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Park anywhere. The car parks will fill up quickly so just park anywhere. Across a local’s drive is always a good idea as they can then keep an eye on it through the day for you.

Or drive up to the summit. In a Vauxhall Frontera. Twice. 

• Like 1

Some friends of mine recently did 5 peaks in 3 days as a challenge for charity. Starting with the 3 famous Welsh ones in Pen-y-Fan, Cader idris and Yr Wyddfa (Welsh Snowdon guys and girls) on day 1. Drove up to Scafell pike that night to walk up it the next day before driving up to Fort William in the evening to do Ben Nevis on Day 3. Mentals the lot of 'em, fair play though.

Glad you enjoyed it Vive even if it was one of the hottest days of the year. We had a bit of thunder in the afternoon down the road a bit, hope it stayed clear for you.

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2023 at 20:02, VILLAMARV said:

Few of the locals will rent you a parking spot on their drive way for a fiver ( might be more now)  … bloke we used even drove us up to the main car park / starting point 

• Like 1

And just while we're on it I once followed the 3 peaks race as someone I know had entered their boat in in. Sail up the coast from Pembroke somewhere up to North Wales where someone jumps out and runs up and down Yr Wyddfa, then on the next available tide sail up to the Cumbrian coast and someone jumps out and runs up and down Scafell Pike then sail up to Fort William when some nut job runs up and down Ben Nevis to the finish line.

Incredible stuff really. I can only watch with awe at that level of fitness.

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Some friends of mine recently did 5 peaks in 3 days as a challenge for charity. Starting with the 3 famous Welsh ones in Pen-y-Fan, Cader idris and Yr Wyddfa (Welsh Snowdon guys and girls) on day 1. Drove up to Scafell pike that night to walk up it the next day before driving up to Fort William in the evening to do Ben Nevis on Day 3. Mentals the lot of 'em, fair play though.

I did the 3 ( Nevis , Scarfell and Snowdonia ) in 24 hours challenge a few years back … it pissed down with rain the whole time , I’d planned and taken a fresh set of clothes for for each hike so I wasn’t sitting around in wet gear during the drive between peaks like others had to , but getting out the mini bus for the last peak at 2 am in torrential rain was a struggle …. About half the people just stayed in the mini bus 

i trained loads for it , used to get up at 4 am hike the seven sisters and then be in the office for 9am , and do Pen y fan at weekends … now I get out of breath if I climb the stairs at Regents Park underground instead of waiting  for the lift 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Few of the locals will rent you a parking spot on their drive way for a fiver ( might be more now)  … bloke we used even drove us up to the main car park / starting point 

They're a friendly bunch up there really :thumb:

th?id=OIP.3uMxrkDMjAN9R-RLV65o9AHaJE%26p

• Haha 2

Last time I did it ( during Covid) the track between the lake was underwater , so you had to wade through it 

was a mental day , getting sunburnt one minute , wading through water the next and then we had fog and hailstones at the summit !! 

IMG_1932.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Is that the causeway over Llyn Llydaw that Vive would have crossed over yesterday @tonyh29? On the Miners track. Didn't realise you could go for a paddle.

Yeah that’s the place … I believe it’s usually a path rather than a paddling pool 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Last time I did it ( during Covid) the track between the lake was underwater , so you had to wade through it 

was a mental day , getting sunburnt one minute , wading through water the next and then we had fog and hailstones at the summit !! 

IMG_1932.jpeg

That’s crazy. I’m trying to picture where this would have been? The walk at the end of the minors track? (As walking back).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Glad you enjoyed it Vive even if it was one of the hottest days of the year. We had a bit of thunder in the afternoon down the road a bit, hope it stayed clear for you.

Thanks pal. Weather was perfect. A bit of rain at one point but felt good.  I’ll definitely be doing it again. 

• Like 2

Â