Pokémon GO

hogso

Looking on the Ingress map to see where the Pokestop/gyms might be I noticed that Villa Park and the William McGregor Statue are on there. I don't live anywhere near so I can't check if they're Gyms or not. 

Then it occurred to me to check, and yes so is The Sty. Someone nearby please go and take it with a Pokemon called SOTC.

caught my first pokemon a couple of hours... and then the game froze.  Couldn't get it to unfreeze.

So un-installed and re-installed it. Since then, it just now says servers are busy and they are working to resolve.

Is it my download/phone or their end?

Yeah problems with servers.One thing I dont like is apparently more rare/different pokemon come out at nighttime, not like the thought of people walking in dark looking for pokemon..muggings central

What a great evening.  Walked around town with my little lad, catching pokemon and doing the pokestops.  <ust have walked 3 miles at least.  Then, at the end of a big old harbour wall there's a lighthouse that's also the site of a pokemon gym.  Took us a couple tries, but we've now taken it over!  Got talking to a couple of lads, who were touring the town as well.  Very social indeed.

Caught a couple of Gastlys as well, which I haven't seen before

• Like 4

Got a hypno on the way home from the gym. Spotted it as I drove past and drove all the way round the block so I could pull over and catch it. Then ran out of pokeballs trying it. So drove to the park, got some pokeballs and drove all the way back to get him (thankfully he was still there)

This game :crylaugh:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Just to let you know, if its a 2km egg, don't get your hopes up, it's probably going to be the worst of pokemon.

Seems I was talking rubbish, I've just got a level 159 pikachu from a 2km egg.

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Seems I was talking rubbish, I've just got a level 159 pikachu from a 2km egg.

Here you go. Pic is a bit small but I can't find a bigger version with everything on.

The starter pokemon and a Clefairy are about the best you can do from a 2km egg

pokemonegg-516x350.jpg

Edit: 2km left on my 10km egg and a 5km egg. If the 10km egg is a Jynx or an Eevee I'm going to kill someone.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah problems with servers.One thing I dont like is apparently more rare/different pokemon come out at nighttime, not like the thought of people walking in dark looking for pokemon..muggings central

Haha yeah. I just got home (time of posting 3:30am) and the amount of not so much rare Pokemon but types you'd expect at night like Venenat, Zubat, Drowzee etc.. They were all out and about. I do agree though that it's pretty sketchy that players don't just have to go out at night to catch some types, but are rewarded for doing so by getting Pokemon that others may rarely get. 

I went for a 2km walk and only saw 1 meowth and 1 zubat (I've alrealready got those) 

Just seems like my area is a bad one. No gyms, no stores, very rarely spawning pokémon - can't see this keeping my interest up. 

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I went for a 2km walk and only saw 1 meowth and 1 zubat (I've alrealready got those) 

Just seems like my area is a bad one. No gyms, no stores, very rarely spawning pokémon - can't see this keeping my interest up. 

Support Page | Pokemon GO

Niantic have a support page where you can fill out a form requesting them to add PokeStops/Gyms to your area. 

Some areas especially those outside of larger city hubs have been neglected due to how the game spawns PokeStops/Gyms at certain landmarks. As a result they have set up a way for players to request for more to be added to their area.

I am not sure how long it takes for requests to be processed or what the success rate is for having a request accepted, but perhaps something to look into.  

• Like 1

Â