Pokémon GO

hogso

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow that is mad, ive been near various lakes but all i seem to find is the crappy fish ones, no major ones like gyrados, squirtle or blastoise 

Gyarados evolve from magicarp.... you just need to catch like 120 of them to get enough candy

Does the incense attract the ones that are actually close to you or does it just generate random ones?

I've used two at home where there's not many around and only got a few show in the 30 mins. If you use it in a busy place I'm assuming you get more?

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I wonder if they'll extend the available pokemon to the full 721?

For the longevity of the 'game', I think they have to. At least eventually. They could wait 3 months and announce they're releasing Johto pokemon, and go on from there. It would be shit if they left it at the original 151, people would complete their collection, or close to, and stop playing. Adding in more pokemon every few months would keep people interested.

Plus they could add Pokemon Centers and the changes made to how evolution works, and gendered pokemon, like in the later games.

Or, yeah, just make it exactly like the actual game. If you spot someone else playing while you are, walk up to them, and challenge them to a battle, for example.

2 minutes ago, hogso said:

Or, yeah, just make it exactly like the actual game. If you spot someone else playing while you are, walk up to them, and challenge them to a battle, for example.

You could hide in bushes and jump out when they walked past you.

Or stand in the same place all day just saying the same sentence to anybody who comes and talks to you. "I love my magikarp"

• Like 1

I got a Dragonair this morning.

The guy in my office who actually knows stuff about pokemon said it would be amazing when I evolve that.

It needs 100 candies...

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

You could hide in bushes and jump out when they walked past you.

Or stand in the same place all day just saying the same sentence to anybody who comes and talks to you. "I love my magikarp"

And as soon as your would be opponent appears opposite you, you paralyze them (with fear, probably) and walk/run up to them, turn all light sources on/off quickly, and diddlydiddlydiddlydiddly dum dum dumdumdum dumdum dumdumdummmmmmmmmmmm diddlydeeeediddlydeeeediddlydededede

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The guy in my office who actually knows stuff about pokemon said it would be amazing when I evolve that.

It needs 100 candies...

Yeah Dragonite was the best thing (apart from Alakazam and Mewtwo are psychic types were OP) in Gen 1.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It needs 100 candies...

I still can't get my head around this, how the hell would you get 100 Dragonairs to be able to do this?

Would it not have been better to have 'type' candies rather than specific pokemon ones? ie fire, water, grass, etc

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I still can't get my head around this, how the hell would you get 100 Dragonairs to be able to do this?

Would it not have been better to have 'type' candies rather than specific pokemon ones? ie fire, water, grass, etc

I'm guessing for those you'll just have to hope to eventually catch the evolved version.

I got a 955 Snorlax in central London yesterday and then proceeded to smash the Big Ben gym with it. 

Predictably the game then froze and someone was able to snipe claim the gym before I could reload. I was pissed off.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My pokedex only has 130-something slots. Are there more missing too?

Does it not update further when you capture a "later on" Pokemon?  Mine seems to be doing that...

Edited by bobzy

Yeah your list just fills up to the highest numbered in the original pokedex that you've caught. If you caught a Dragonair today though @Stevo985 your list should be almost to #150 - that's one of the final pokemon in the list numerically, like #147 or #148 something

With Ditto though, the article I just read about it not being in the game was mostly about some people who have been data mining in the code, and have found reference to ultra and master balls amongst other items, and as well as Ditto, Atricuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew and Mewtwo.

I've also seen some reports that Mew has been caught, though, although I suppose they could be shopped. I am not embarrassed to say I can't tell from the screenshots I've seen.

Maybe all six of them are in there, they're just exceptionally rare...?

Edited by hogso

Â