Pokémon GO

hogso

I went from level 2 to 7 today at work and managed to pick up a 427cp Arkanine as I was leaving. Just about to walk the dog to hatch a few eggs and see if I can find anything new. I used about 80% of my phone battery but i'm loving it at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/15/pokemon-go-man-quits-job-to-become-full-time-pokemon-hunter

Pokémon Go: man quits job to become full-time Pokémon hunter

New Zealander Tom Currie has become a professional Pokémon hunter. Each morning he fills a flask with coffee, packs a rain jacket and cut lunch in his backpack and heads into the wilderness to hunt Pokémon – come rain, hail, or snow.

The 24-year-old Kiwi quit his job in Auckland last week to embark on a two month tour of New Zealand, with the aim of capturing all of the Pokémon released on smartphone game Pokémon Go last week.

Edited by legov
  • Like 1

Bloody server issues had a rare one that i hadnt seen before wlaked every direction then nit disappeared! Think it was the blue duck was annoyed. Only managed to get a clerfairy, zubat and ghastly (i have all three but all were a higher xp level so transferred the old ones all for candy. going to do some serious travelling around london this weekend. i only have 32 out of 250. Just seem to get the same bloody ones everywhere. then when a rare one comes the server tends to crash 8/10 times :bang:

5 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/merch-accessories/pokemon-go-plus/11305850.html

The plus is now available for pre order.  £35.

I think by the time this comes out a lot of people would have caught a whole host of pokemon. This should have been released when app was ready. I think by the time this comes out the novelty factor would have worn off abit also. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think by the time this comes out a lot of people would have caught a whole host of pokemon. This should have been released when app was ready. I think by the time this comes out the novelty factor would have worn off abit also. 

Reading up on what it does (collection of pokestop items etc) - it'll ONLY let you try and catch pokemon you've already got.  So unless you're living in the Bristol Channel and are farming the 150 Magikarp you need for the Gyarados evolution (or catching every Zubat near to Steveo to save his sanity), you're not really getting a whole lot for your $35/£35.

It doesn't even tell you the time...

2 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Reading up on what it does (collection of pokestop items etc) - it'll ONLY let you try and catch pokemon you've already got.  So unless you're living in the Bristol Channel and are farming the 150 Magikarp you need for the Gyarados evolution (or catching every Zubat near to Steveo to save his sanity), you're not really getting a whole lot for your $35/£35.

It doesn't even tell you the time...

Wow 150?? Thats why I think this game will lose its novelty in the next few weeks/months. Who is going to want to collect 150 of them? Its already hard enough finding 1!

I wonder if the battery life issues have contributed to the GO Plus being so late.

Niantic have already addressed that the battery life issue needs fixing so adding Bluetooth to the already volatile mix wouldn't be ideal.

I was worried it would delete my account due to playing on the APK download but it has been fine so far. Really enjoying it but the servers have been a bit iffy since it was launched on the app store...

Being at work is cool. 

Said before but my seat is inside the radius of a pokestop. I can spend all day opening the app and sticking up on stuff.
Plus, I reckon pokemon congregate around pokestops. I've added 2 unique ones to my collection this morning already (Dragonair and Bellsprout)

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Being at work is cool. 

Said before but my seat is inside the radius of a pokestop. I can spend all day opening the app and sticking up on stuff.
Plus, I reckon pokemon congregate around pokestops. I've added 2 unique ones to my collection this morning already (Dragonair and Bellsprout)

I've got a pokestop outside that is accessible if I'm in the kitchen, but not at my desk.  How many times can I get away with it?

Caught an Abra last night whilst doing nothing at home.  I haven't walked anywhere yet.

I'm just outside a Pokestop a work, and most of the Pokemon seem to be rustling on the canal which is the other side of the wall. *shakes fist* Not catching anything in the office.

The drive to work was good as I know some locations for the Stops. Just a few quick pull-overs on the ride to and from work to stock up will be required.

Got a gym right next door though.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow 150?? Thats why I think this game will lose its novelty in the next few weeks/months. Who is going to want to collect 150 of them? Its already hard enough finding 1!

Iv already seen a Gyrados in London im pretty sure, Mental

14 minutes ago, zak said:

Iv already seen a Gyrados in London im pretty sure, Mental

Wow that is mad, ive been near various lakes but all i seem to find is the crappy fish ones, no major ones like gyrados, squirtle or blastoise 

Â