Pokémon GO

hogso

9kplae.png

Anyone seen pulsating white circles near their location like above and know what they are? 

Think I'm just gonna assume it's a server issue and should've been a pokemon that didn't spawn properly... 

Edited by hogso

Mine was crashing shitloads today. Then realised I had the battery saver on. Apparently that crashes it!

Up to 42 Pokemon seen and caught.

Caught shitloads today. I've levelled up twice. And stocked up on some pokeballs.

The "nearby" panel is definitely broken today. Everything is on 3 footprints, even if you're right on top of it.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Mine was crashing shitloads today. Then realised I had the battery saver on. Apparently that crashes it!

Up to 42 Pokemon seen and caught.

Caught shitloads today. I've levelled up twice. And stocked up on some pokeballs.

The "nearby" panel is definitely broken today. Everything is on 3 footprints, even if you're right on top of it.

Yep that 3 footprint thing was crap today, i got very lucky with two today.

Didnt realise the battery saver makes it crash, bit stupid having that feature then?

Edited by Demitri_C

So been playing since the UK release. Have to say really innovative game, nothing else quite like it.

However it definitely needs tweaking. I work in the city centre so when I've had to walk to and from new street it's crazy. The amount of people you see playing it as well, unbelievable. I am also near to St Pauls Cathedral which is a haven for Pokemon and pokestops. My office is just on the vicinity of a pokestop so am catch Pokemon without any real issue. Not getting major rare ones but still it's fun.

However at home I got nothing. Even if I use a lure it doesn't really attract much and the best I have got is a Weedle (which was good as hadn't had 1 yet) or a damn Pidgey. It would be good if the pokemon "grassy areas" were moved around so you didn't all end up at the same point. Pokestops I get as they are linked to real places.

Also I tried the gyms and they are ok but it's mainly button bashing and the problem is that because they are already at quite a high level, can barely make a dent. Would be nice if they did it more leveled so everyone could enjoy more. 

Clearly it will be balanced out and given its been released for only 3 days there are going to be changes; but it is just crazy!

I do now hope though that they will finally get around to releasing the proper pokemon games on the phones. I begrudge having to pay £100 for a Nintendo 3ds for 1 bloody game...

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep that 3 footprint thing was crap today, i got very lucky with two today.

Didnt realise the battery saver makes it crash, bit stupid having that feature then?

Well it probably doesn't crash everyone's!

But it definitely crashes mine. The game keeps running but you can't click anything.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well it probably doesn't crash everyone's!

But it definitely crashes mine. The game keeps running but you can't click anything.

Yep the footprints issue has not been resolved today. Went for a long walk and you had no idea if you was close to anything.

so on my journey today it was strange. Firstly my town center has about 12 pokes tops all near each other so picked up so many things today!

pokemon wise my town center is full of pysducks!! Picked up four at same place so if you live in North London and need one just head to enfield town! Picked a starmi and two magikarps. 

The rest were just all doubles, a eevie, seel, drowzees, two goldeen sand a pigitto. 

I noticed you need a ridiculous amount of candies to evolve a magikarp so you have to literally spend cash or hope to find gyros somewhere.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh and bloody golbats are impossible to find the opposite of zubAt, came up on my radar looked everywhere!

You know golbats are the evolved version of zubats? You could just evolve zubat.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep don't wanna waste my balls catching 50 of those bloody things!

You should. You get loads of XP for evolving stuff. Just do it.

If there's as many pokestops around you as you say then you should be able to get loads of balls.

• Like 1

It just opened to the majority of Europe today and the servers couldn't handle it, so that's why it's been down for the last few hours. Sucks because I had a prime location (a bench) in Hyde Park between two lured pokestops when it went down.

Edited by Phumfeinz

Thats a bit shit from Nintendo not being able to hold a server strong enough to supply demand.its been a bloody nice day today in London and have missed out. Why couldn't this have crashed when we are at work ffs

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a bit shit from Nintendo not being able to hold a server strong enough to supply demand.its been a bloody nice day today in London and have missed out. Why couldn't this have crashed when we are at work ffs

Because when everyone is at work,  they're not all on Pokemon..

The popularity has caught them off guard. You don't expect to become the new global fad overnight.

Â