Pokémon GO

hogso

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm going to a Pokemon meetup after work with some strangers that are on my team. :blush:

That's several levels beyond anything I want to achieve with Pokemon Go!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I've run out of balls...

I take it a trip to one of the Pokestops is in order? (haven't been to one yet).

Yes.

You also get a bunch when you level up.

Also, if you miss a pokemon when you chuck one, if you tap the pokeball quick enough you get it back

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Also, if you miss a pokemon when you chuck one, if you tap the pokeball quick enough you get it back

Ah cheers fella, had no idea about that.

I probably need to read a few guides if i'm going to get into a bit more :)

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes.

You also get a bunch when you level up.

Damnit, lost a few not knowing this :(

Same.

I quite like the way there's no tutorial or guide in the game.

In fact, I think it's genius by them to do that. Gets people talking, and there's already thousands of articles and web pages published about how to play the game.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The gf has just downloaded it today. She's already caught a level 500 Hypno.

**** bitch.

How is this a thing?!

I haven't explored properly yet (only at work) - but I work on the 3rd floor of a building and have caught 3 x flying pokemon.

Certain areas are obviously just havens for pokemon.

Considering I live next to a park, there's really not much around me. I've worked from home the past 2 days so been on two big walks around the park on my lunch and it's pretty slim pickings.

At least you can play it, the last two days have involved long periods of restarting the game in an attempt to get a spot on the server and then when I do I'm constantly either having to reconnect to it or crashing when catching anything other than a **** pidgey, rattata or zubat. I'm fast losing patience with it, especially since other people seem to be playing it whenever they want without a hitch.

The best I've done so far is get two things that seem to be fully evolved.  A Pidgeot which seems to be the final version  of the Pidgey and Pidgeotto, and a Raticate which I assume is the final evolution of the Rattata.  How do you find out how rare something is?

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

The best I've done so far is get two things that seem to be fully evolved.  A Pidgeot which seems to be the final version  of the Pidgey and Pidgeotto, and a Raticate which I assume is the final evolution of the Rattata.  How do you find out how rare something is?

Don't think you can. But I guess it's safe to say the higher the CP of a pokemon the rarer it is, as a general rule.

Pidgeot is my best pokemon at the moment, but I had to evolve it myself.

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Considering I live next to a park...

I cycle back through a park from work.

A section of it is woods. Usually it's just cyclists and dog walkers.

There were about a dozen kids farting about in the bushes either side of the path, eyes glued to phones.

Feck knows how many more there were out of sight.

This game is big.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't think you can. But I guess it's safe to say the higher the CP of a pokemon the rarer it is, as a general rule.

Pidgeot is my best pokemon at the moment, but I had to evolve it myself.

Kinda. One's you've evolved yourself will have a higher CP than their wild equivalent, so in that regard it might not be a good indicator of rarity. 

It's Drowzee's showing up all the time for me, no end to them. 

Edited by hogso

Â