Pokémon GO

hogso

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

how do you get these eggs to hatch? its not letting me hatch any more for some reason?

Caught a weezing and an omanyte today :)

Do you read this thread, Dem, or just post without reading other posts? :D

You hatch the eggs by walking. Put them in an incubator and walk around. When you've walked far enough (which can be 10km for some eggs!) then they hatch.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh no, here come the newbies to crash the servers.... ;)

I've deleted the US version on my iphone and installed the UK. No problems at all.

Mine seems a bit buggy, like if I get a text or any other sound plays on my phone, the Pokemon sound goes off.

If I delete my version and download the official PlayStore version, will my progress be saved?

I think it saves to your gmail account you sign in with. I deleted it and downloaded it off the UK App Store on iPhone and it's still kept my progress since I used the same gmail account.

Cool, might go for it!

Edit: scratch that. Went to the play store and it let me update it instead. That will have done the same thing

Edited by Stevo985

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You hatch the eggs by walking. Put them in an incubator and walk around. When you've walked far enough (which can be 10km for some eggs!) then they hatch.

I do read but i dont really fancy going through 10 pages ;)

Just realised how oops :blush:

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I just went for a walk on my lunch and I saw about 4 or 5 pokemon appear on my map, but it wouldn't give me a chance to catch them, no matter how close I got. Bit annoying, one was a squirtle.

Really annoying when that happens. Happened to me a couple times as well like when I walked in every direction for that star pokemon and couldnt find it. , I did the same took a 5 minute walk and caught a clefifairy and horsea right next to each other. Result!

It seems to be very hit and miss.

i wonder if there is a mew and mewtow on this?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Got an egg. what do I do to hatch it?

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

:thumb:

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Got an egg. what do I do to hatch it?

This a reference to stevo/dems chat earlier? :lol:

Go on to the 'egg screen', click on the egg you want to incubate and then choose which incubator you want to use (I'm guessing early on you probably only still have the one).

Just to let you know, if its a 2km egg, don't get your hopes up, it's probably going to be the worst of pokemon.

• Like 1

Just having a read through various snippets of news etc regarding this game.

It's pretty much one of the biggest cultural phenomenons of the last few years isn't it?

Incredible stuff.

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just having a read through various snippets of news etc regarding this game.

It's pretty much one of the biggest cultural phenomenons of the last few years isn't it?

Incredible stuff.

Absolutely.  Gotta hand it to Nintendo.  They spend long periods on the periphery, kind of irrelevant. Then boom. They come out with a belter. This is the latest. Last time it was the Wii. The DS. The Gameboy. The original NES. They're feast or famine, that lot.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

This a reference to stevo/dems chat earlier? :lol:

Go on to the 'egg screen', click on the egg you want to incubate and then choose which incubator you want to use (I'm guessing early on you probably only still have the one).

Just to let you know, if its a 2km egg, don't get your hopes up, it's probably going to be the worst of pokemon.

:lol: 

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I just went for a walk on my lunch and I saw about 4 or 5 pokemon appear on my map, but it wouldn't give me a chance to catch them, no matter how close I got. Bit annoying, one was a squirtle.

I think that's a server thing. Happens when you've not got much signal either.

• Like 1

Â