Pokémon GO

hogso

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is a pokeshop and a gym different?  Can I not do anything with them until I am level 5.

Pokestop = place for free items, tap on the map icon, swipe on the picture to send it spinning and click on your loot to claim it (or hit the purple x at the bottom of the screen to grab it all instantly)

Gym = basically a capture the flag point, 1 of the 3 teams can hold it, don't worry about them for now if you're below level 5.

This evening is the worst I've seen the servers. Bare with them, it still isn't meant to be being played here after all.

I just kicked team instinct out of my local church, 3 little peons ranging up to CP400. Smacked down my CP900, and it turns out the 3 peons belonged to some kids that were just around the corner. Chatted to them about good spots for a few minutes, then saw the look on some woman's face when she saw me loitering in a graveyard with a bunch of kids. I didn't think saying it was about Pokemon would help. :blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

The game started crashing this afternoon, and is now just coming up with a Google account log on page.

Yep it really annoyed me. I opened the app as soon as I walked through asda doors a shellder jumped onto me. Bloody secrety guard was looking at me thinking who is this mad man.

then a rare one came up was walking and it got to one foot then crashed was really annoyed!!

It's happened to me a few times and I got really angry, until I noticed that a couple of levels later, it was no big loss. Unless it's a super, super rare thing, it's not worth fretting over. 

It's been crashing for me all day too, to be expected I suppose since we don't have dedicated servers yet.

Really annoying though. I missed out on a Squirtle, Jynx and Kingler this afternoon because of crashes. The other two I couldn't care less about, but missing out on a Squirtle? That pissed me right off. Didn't crash when it kept throwing Pidgeys and Rattatas my way though, did it? <_<

Rolled out in Germany today. I bloody hope we're next and performance and stability improves.

Edited by Ginko

23 minutes ago, penguin said:

Set off an Insense and the servers decide to go down. Excellent.

Yep that happened to me as well today effing annoying. I agree with ginko crashes when rare Pokemon come up but not when I have bloody  zubats, rattatas and pidgey.

got a pidgeotto and raticate today so thankfully don't have to waste time evolving a pidgey or a rattatas

Edited by Demitri_C

My girlfriend had a bad headache so asked me to go out and get her some paracetamol.

So out on my walk to the shops I decided to walk past a gym that I thought I could easily take, but as I was approaching it changed from yellow to blue and when I got closer I noticed two blokes in hoodies stood there with their phones out. I was too embarrassed to talk to them so I put my phone in my pocket and walked past them. When I saw them leave I went back and tried to battle the two pokemon left there but it wouldn't let me. I started walking away when I noticed it had changed back to blue. I looked around and there was a bloke sitting in his car. He gave me a quick smile and a nod and drove off.

And when I got back two hours later my girlfriend was asleep.

• Like 3

Found a gym fairly near by.  Saw it was seemingly guarded by something with 82CP.  Waded in, gave it a good shoeing with my Cp115 pidgeotto, then saw the 720CP bastard thing next in line.  Bugger!

I still haven't got to grip with the gyms. I'm team valor and I walked past two gyms controlled by them this morning, both with three pokemon. I was able to assign a pokemon to one but not the other.

What's that all about!? :huh:

There are no stops near my work or my house.

So this is pretty much pointless.

I used a bait thing and caught a drowzy, a zubat and something else, but once I'm out of those I shan't be buying anything else.

19 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I still haven't got to grip with the gyms. I'm team valor and I walked past two gyms controlled by them this morning, both with three pokemon. I was able to assign a pokemon to one but not the other.

Gyms are different levels. The higher the level, the more "slots" they have for pokemon.

I'm not sure how gyms level up or down though. I really havent' done much gymming apart from taking that one a couple of days ago that nobody had got yet.

• Like 1

Officially released in the UK.  Though it's still showing as unavailable in the play store for me at the moment.  

Edit, going through to the play store page (linky) worked for me.

Edit 2.  It also updated the previously sideloaded installation, rather than installing it separately (or requiring me to uninstall the sideloaded one first). 

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Gyms have a "level", (which should display when you tap on it beneather the gym's name) which is based off a score (which can be seen in the top left of the gym screen beneath the gym picture)- there can be a higher number of Pokemon on a gym the higher the gyms level.   Training at a friendly gym (and winning) will raise the score, whilst battling (and winning) against a opposing gym will lower the score.

• Like 1

Â