Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably not as much as it hurts some fans to have patience and knowing that they will CLEARLY address and announce it at some point when the time is right?

Fan engagement is massive these days.

Provide an update now the season has ended and the work has started.

Add some progress pics with some updates over the coming months.

Keep the positive villa vibe going !

15 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Announce building site

Announce broken seats

Follow that Cloutinho bloke on twatter, he seems to camp there

He's got a air tent in the car park so he's ready to take videos at any moment.

2 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

dd some progress pics with some updates over the coming months.

Keep the positive villa vibe going !

* Key

It hasn't even been 15 days yet mate!

They did tell us work would commence.

I'm sure they will be doing as you suggest.

I think we are just a bit impatient on all fronts as fans, especially with no Football to watch!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

* Key

It hasn't even been 15 days yet mate!

They did tell us work would commence.

I'm sure they will be doing as you suggest.

I think we are just a bit impatient on all fronts as fans, especially with no Football to watch!

I can recall you posting at one point that you found it odd that infrastructure was clearly the area we needed to address to catch up with the revenue of Spurs, West Ham and the more traditional leading clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool,  Man U etc yet we had all on hold. It was in the new stadium speculation iirc.

It's easy to dismiss as impatience what is genuinely a concern for the medium term ability of Villa to compete at the top end with infrastructure not up to scratch and falling further behind and a lack of adequate explanation as to why we aren't pressing on with the major redevelopment we had planned. Great, we are doing some small scale works that will work short term - still the elephant on the room remains: how we going to bridge the revenue gap without major redevelopment?

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I can recall you posting at one point that you found it odd that infrastructure was clearly the area we needed to address to catch up woth the revenue of Spurs, West Ham and the more traditional leading clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool,  Man U etc.

It's easy to dismiss as impatience what is genuinely a concern for the medium term ability of Villa to compete at the top end with infrastructure not up to scratch and falling further behind and a lack of adequate explanation as to why we aren't pressing on with the major redevelopment we had planned. Great, we are doing some small scale works that will work short term - still the elephant on the room remains: how we going to bridge the revenue gap without major redevelopment?

I know why you're saying this - but I think the main reason why I'm not worried is I trust the owners of the club and the people running the business side.  They will be well aware of this and will clearly be seeking to address it.  I suspect the focus for this year has been sorting out the commercial deals and seeking to drive sponsorship income (clearly a quick win) - and sort Villa Park in the short term to increase revenue - and to be fair there's not much wrong with the Holte End and Trinity that can't be fixed.

The Aston Master Plan (which has been mentioned during the North Stand proposals) is what I think will set out the club's medium and long term ambition for Villa Park and the surrounding area for development - and that is what I think Atairos have come on board for.

So probably need to wait and see what the plan is (though it is frustrating!)

Edited by andycv
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I can recall you posting at one point that you found it odd that infrastructure was clearly the area we needed to address to catch up with the revenue of Spurs, West Ham and the more traditional leading clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool,  Man U etc yet we had all on hold. It was in the new stadium speculation iirc.

9 minutes ago, andycv said:

I know why you're saying this - but I think the main reason why I'm not worried is I trust the owners of the club and the people running the business side.  They will be well aware of this and will clearly be seeking to address it.  I suspect the focus for this year has been sorting out the commercial deals and seeking to drive sponsorship income (clearly a quick win) - and sort Villa Park in the sort term to increase revenue - and to be fair there's not much wrong with the Holte End and Trinity that can't be fixed.

The Aston Master Plan (which has been mentioned during the North Stand proposals) is what I think will set out the club's medium and long term ambition for Villa Park and the surrounding area for development - and that is what I think Atairos have come on board for.

So probably need to wait and see what the plan is (though it is frustrating!)

What @andycv said @Captain_Townsend!

I always revert to my deep trust in the owners!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Upgrading concourse and redeveloping existing corporate boxes into lounges is long term investment… ill say it again one of the main issues with the North Stand & Witton is cramped concourses - by adding lounges for GA+ fans that takes the pressure off them and makes the whole experience better than before for the regular fan. I’m with you that both stands need replacing but what they are doing will have a big impact on increasing revenue and fan experience with less fans using the same space - less queuing etc.  

My hunch is that any major redevelopment of the North Stand will revert to the Ellis approach from 20 odd years ago.  The idea there was that the roof would come off (not sure how structurally they stop the rest falling down!) and they would build around and behind it.  It avoid total demolition and keeps the existing facilities in play.

All of the seats have now been removed form the Upper North Stand - it looks very strange with no seats in the upper and seats in the lower - many will remember it being the other way around.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

All of the seats have now been removed form the Upper North Stand - it looks very strange with no seats in the upper and seats in the lower - many will remember it being the other way around.

Are they getting rid of the AV then and replacing with adidas logo?

On 22/05/2024 at 09:40, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What @andycv said @Captain_Townsend!

I always revert to my deep trust in the owners!

I agree JV we need patience and trust in the current owners but with the caveat that as a modern football fan I want something big and flashy and of course I WANT IT ALL NOW!!! UTV!!!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sigh. Why are we doing this, the North Stand should be being demolished not refurbished.  The lower north is the last original deigned terrace with a shallow rake and poor site lines- and they want this to be a premium experience?! To quote the former General it is like putting lipstick on a pig.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sigh. Why are we doing this, the North Stand should be being demolished not refurbished.  The lower north is the last original deigned terrace with a shallow rake and poor site lines- and they want this to be a premium experience?! To quote the former General it is like putting lipstick on a pig.

Agree 100%.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

it is like putting lipstick on a pig.

You take my ex-girlfriend looks out of your mouth….

giphy.gif

😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2024 at 19:19, Stephen_Evans said:

My hunch is that any major redevelopment of the North Stand will revert to the Ellis approach from 20 odd years ago.  The idea there was that the roof would come off (not sure how structurally they stop the rest falling down!) and they would build around and behind it.  It avoid total demolition and keeps the existing facilities in play.

That would be a utter waste of money and 10-20 years later we would probably demolish and start again. If we are going to do it, do it properly. 

As ever clarity would be nice.

Why is the future vision of Villa Park STILL on the website when it is clearly not the plans going forward?

Can we have definite version of why this is in deep freeze? Costs, timeframe of a reduced capacity stadium, loss of confidence of selling the GA+ seats- which we are adding anyway?

How and where is this proposed 2,500 capacity uplift actually going to be? And would any of this be normal seating? Are there any mock ups of this?

Are they confident all this will be completed before the start of the season?

And this start of a long term project looking at other capacity increases or is this just it?

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

You take my ex-girlfriend looks out of your mouth….

giphy.gif

😂

Surely better than him taking himself out of your ex girlfriends mouth? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Possibly, but the pig will be with us until at least 2028 for the Euros and quite probably beyond that date.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Possibly, but the pig will be with us until at least 2028 for the Euros and quite probably beyond that date.

My hunch all along, as happened with the badge and now pretty much proven by his interview in that marketing magazine someone found, is that the new guy does not like having to use someone else's homework so that's probably the main reason the can has been kicked down the road on this.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My hunch all along, as happened with the badge and now pretty much proven by his interview in that marketing magazine someone found, is that the new guy does not like having to use someone else's homework so that's probably the main reason the can has been kicked down the road on this.

I think the reason is the effect of the loss of income - I'm less sure now that it's the cost. Spending money on a stand can be written off in the regulations, but PSR/FFP doesn't allow for an adjustment for lost revenues during a period of redevelopment, that's one of the things I think we've been petitioning the Premier league to change. I think with the Euros only four years away and that problem presenting a difficulty we've 'postponed' the project until at least that point. 

Â