Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Exactly this, its really a call from the owners as to what they want to do with the club.

This is what we dont know, if we do it through debt, I'm not convinced it's a good idea until we do get regular football otherwise it will really impact us.  If they want to pay for it directly, then go for it, I'm delighted as long as it doesnt impact the investment in the team.  (this is not assuming anything about FFP because I dont know enough about it).

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is what we dont know, if we do it through debt, I'm not convinced it's a good idea until we do get regular football otherwise it will really impact us.  If they want to pay for it directly, then go for it, I'm delighted as long as it doesnt impact the investment in the team.  (this is not assuming anything about FFP because I dont know enough about it).

Then worry about that if and when those details come forward in a couple of years if it goes ahead

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Design, planning and building will take years anyway.

Design and planning has already been investigated from what I've heard I think from this website and key people on here at their meetings with Purslow and co.  Not that they have acted on it but from what I understand they have seen plans whether from previous plans or their own plans or whatever but I think some of that ground work has already been done.  Again I could be wrong so one of the mods may know better who have been to these Q&A's.  I think they arent that far away from pulling the trigger when the time is right, if there will be a time that is right.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Whilst pouring a boiling cauldron  of curry and chips to any away fan.

That doesnt sound so bad....I think I used to look for that at 2am on a Friday night after being on the beer all night

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Then worry about that if and when those details come forward in a couple of years if it goes ahead

People are talking about it happening now hence the discussion.  They could easily announce they have been working on it during the pandemic and are announcing now with building starting in the summer.  Obviously this is very unlikely but we are all talking about it now, and I'm hence talking when I would be in favour of it and when I wouldnt.

On 12/04/2021 at 13:33, Follyfoot said:

Some stadium that would be, the Holte would we circa 200,000, imagine the intimidation 

Still would be quieter than it was against Tranmere.

• Like 1

Liverpool have managed to build the new stand and plan to carry out the next stage around the current stand without closing them at all.  I don't see why we couldn't do that too, build the back of a new North Stand during the season, leave the bottom tier as it is and then connect the two during the summer.  The Anfield Road End will add 7k seats for £60m with no cuts to attendances.  It seems so much more better value than either knocking down the whole stand or going to a new ground completely.

• Like 1

Wolves may have planning permission, but their owners have apparently backed out of plans to go ahead with a stadium redevelopment, so I don't think that they will be extending the capacity any time soon.

Out by Easter great comments thks. 

If the North Stand was demolished yes capacity would be lowered for a season or so but it is the smallest stand in the ground so it would be the lowest reduction possible in regards to redevelopment. I remember yonks ago when the new Trinity was built capacity was about 30,000 for a few months. I went up on the day when we played Spurs naively thinking  I could get a ticket but it was sold out so we ended up staying and watching the first half over on Aston Park lol. That made me paranoid for years getting tickets before the day even though we rarely sold out in that era. 

I believe when the North Stand was being built part of the existing Wittton End was kept in use but I doubt that could be done again.

I think in the past previous owner have said that the North stand could be expanded rather than rebuilt, with the roof taken off and seats added around the corner. That would be the cheaper option but it would still result in aged facilities being used in the future. Its a tired stand I'd rather if they do something they do it properly. Any development should cover the entire area back to the carpark and Villa Village/Academy. It could be  a huge project.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

As I mentioned in the last page you can expand (at a guess by 4-5k) the Trinity by squaring the corner by the exec lounge tower the of the Trinity - Reconfigure at an angle the other corner towards the pitch  but leaving a clear gap to the New (sponsor?) North Stand ... This would then offset lost seats whilst they then then demolish the boxes and upper tier, roof. Then build a huge monster stand, similar in capacity to the Spuds end of 17.5k would take us to 56/57k.

10-15 Years on . You then look at the Hotle lower/witton Corner, again reconfigure the tier so it continues around not straight and rebuild the whole witton keeping the separation from. The North stand... And **** it go crazy with a retractable pitch like the new Bernabéu that slides underneath. Add a lightweight retractable roof, curtain walls. 360 projector 64k video screens ... welcome to VP 2045 -65k + mega stadium 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

As I mentioned in the last page you can expand (at a guess by 4-5k) the Trinity by squaring the corner by the exec lounge tower the of the Trinity - Reconfigure at an angle the other corner towards the pitch  but leaving a clear gap to the New (sponsor?) North Stand ... This would then offset lost seats whilst they then then demolish the boxes and upper tier, roof. Then build a huge monster stand, similar in capacity to the Spuds end of 17.5k would take us to 56/57k.

10-15 Years on . You then look at the Hotle lower/witton Corner, again reconfigure the tier so it continues around not straight and rebuild the whole witton keeping the separation from. The North stand... And **** it go crazy with a retractable pitch like the new Bernabéu that slides underneath. Add a lightweight retractable roof, curtain walls. 360 projector 64k video screens ... welcome to VP 2045 -65k + mega stadium 

Ambitious!

The corner between NS and DE  though looks tighter than the Trinity one and would be constrained somewhat by the road frontage.

In 10-15 years time we will all get to Villa Park on our hovercars and self drying Villa shirts.

Â