Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Would have no issue with joining the Trinity to the new North stand.

Keep the Holte as a stand alone end.

I'd imagine if the North stand is rebuilt a new club shop would be built inside and then you could do something with the space from demolishing Villa Village.

Potentially exciting stuff but we need to get promoted to make it worthwhile and that's proving very hard work at the moment!

On 26/03/2018 at 14:56, flashingqwerty said:

i havent lived in birmingham for nearly 18 years and i dont get to go more than once every few years.

when i lived there i attended lots of matches and frequented the club shop often.

i was there earlier this year to go to the club shop and just look around the ground and i was horrified by the state of the place.

there were greasy black and grren marks all down the outside of the facade and many of the logos and signs were badly faded.  the whole place looks tired and like it hasnt been painted or washed in years.  a very sad sight and left me with a bad taste tbh.

whilst im not sure that we need a full scales redevelopment, the north stand desperately needs word done and the stadium needs a face lift.

its a shadow of what it was in the late 90s on all 4 sides.

The late 90s had the Holte Hotel empty and derelict.  Before Lerner all the signage was inconsistent as well- he did sort that out and added the mosaic to the Holte. Personally I think the ground looks great apart from the North Stand area which we all know could well be developed in the future. It would be pointless to do a comestic improvement to the North Stand, only then to demolish it- like what we did to the old Trinity road in the early 90's.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Back to the transport issue a few pages before...the regular cross city time table is for trains to become half hour frequency from half 7 so yeah that's a big problem for midweek games especially when it's only 3 carriages.

A tram link would be good, with how wide the road is by the station it would be quite feasible or do one for the A34 although haven't heard any mention of it with the Commonwealth games plans.

I usually get a lift from Star City on matchdays and quite a few fans park there and then walk the 15 minutes. Surprised me the club dosen't put on a shuttle bus service e.g. pick up from the bus stops there and then drop off by the church.

I knew someone who years ago saw lerners proposed stadium plans and they were for a huge north stand similar to Chelsea's shed End (minus flats ) it was to house so I was told a museum club shop, offices and possible hotel. It to follow the trinity bottom tier but with separate 2nd & third. He also said he saw sketches of a squared off trinity and Holte takings to us to 55k. He worked at Atkins. I have spoken to other people who have said that Lerner was also a huge fan of St James Park and that was also an option- horseshoe. 

As I said for me Villa park is 4 separate stands. The corner junctures from a redeveloped north stand to the Trinity & Witton Lane would be awkward and destroy the whole historic aesthetic. There is no more a beautiful sight than sitting in lower L3 in the Holte at Sunset !  

https://goo.gl/images/KrAz78

villa park stadium sunset

Edited by thabucks
Can't spell !
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2018 at 11:34, limpid said:

This

Whilst I broadly agree with this four separate stands tradition, I can't help but bear in mind that historically Villa Park was an oval, so maybe doing a horse shoe at the North Stand end isn't so crazy (although I don't think I like the distance between players and crowd in the image below)

Villa_Park_1907.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Whilst I broadly agree with this four separate stands tradition, I can't help but bear in mind that historically Villa Park was an oval, so maybe doing a horse shoe at the North Stand end isn't so crazy (although I don't think I like the distance between players and crowd in the image below)

I agree, but it was only oval for the cycle track.

• Like 2

On 01/04/2018 at 14:56, The Fun Factory said:

The late 90s had the Holte Hotel empty and derelict.  Before Lerner all the signage was inconsistent as well- he did sort that out and added the mosaic to the Holte. Personally I think the ground looks great apart from the North Stand area which we all know could well be developed in the future. It would be pointless to do a comestic improvement to the North Stand, only then to demolish it- like what we did to the old Trinity road in the early 90's.

Dont think hitting it with a pressure washer a couple of times a year os too much to ask personally...

I had the pitch thing explained to me properly tonight! We didnt lower the pitch last summer we are doing it this summer

We've signed up to use these fancy electronic advertising boards that the TV companies somehow project localised sponsorship on to (so if you watch us in the states next season you will see different companies to those fans in the stadium will see) they need to be 200mm bigger for them to work, they cant raise them because it will block the view of the people in row 1 so they are lowering the pitch to make it work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could that also explain why the pitch has been below normal standards this season?

If we are having major work done at the end of the season going the extra mile this season might have been seen as a waste of time and money?

Â