Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Hopefully the new North Stand will contain a large conference/banqueting suite so the Holte End concourses can be widened utilising space currently taken up by The Holte Suite.

I like the sound of a museum - I loved the experience at Barcelona (especially the very old stuff) and with Villa's history stretching right back to our formation of the league and before there is plenty of interesting stuff that could be shown there. Could be a really good attraction for visitors to Brum (if they're prepared to venture into the wilderness that is Aston of course).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Day trippers... Or everyone? 

Well would be nice for everyone but when I travelled round Europe visiting stadiums was easier by tram as a tourist as tram maps were easier than bus maps! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Well would be nice for everyone but when I travelled round Europe visiting stadiums was easier by tram as a tourist as tram maps were easier than bus maps! 

Good. Because I bloody love a tram to the football. Even if my mate wet himself on the one to Hillsborough from Sheffield centre whilst I nearly got into it with a coked up maniac. 

The train to VP is so dreary. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Needs the tram line they are building for the Commonwealth Games down The Walsall Road to branch off to Villa Park for day trippers I think.

They aren't building a tram line down the Walsall Road. It's just a sprint bus (which kind of looks like a tram) that will be running there.

Phase 1 was Wolverhampton to Birmingham, Phase 2 is an extension of this to Broad Street (under construction) and Phase 3 will carry it down to 5 ways.

• Sad 1

You can find out more about the Trams master plan here, but there are no plans whatsoever to bring it North or anywhere near Aston at the moment, maybe in 25 years when everything else on the plan is done.

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You can find out more about the Trams master plan here, but there are no plans whatsoever to bring it North or anywhere near Aston at the moment, maybe in 25 years when everything else on the plan is done.

bring back the victorians they built 350 miles of track in a few years!!!  

• Like 2

"Regenerate the whole park area in the near future".

If they're clearing buildings at the North Stand end then future regeneration will have to include the North Stand. There'is absolutely no way that the current facility can be part of an aesthetically pleasing  plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Needs the tram line they are building for the Commonwealth Games down The Walsall Road to branch off to Villa Park for day trippers I think.

They are not building a Tram for the Commonwealth games.

it's taken them 2 years to go from Snow Hill to New Street and another 2 years to not build it from New Street to the ICC.  It will take 5-10 years for a tram to get to Perry Barr.

Just found these leaked mock ups of the back of the new North Stand

I have to say it looks as ugly as the current one from what I can see of it from this angle

Butlins-Minehead.jpg

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

The only thing we're getting is at Perry Barr is a headache of a journey home if the new plans take place

Same as all north brum. No train station in great barr/kingstanding for example. The A34 will be a disaster

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have to say it looks as ugly as the current one from what I can see of it from this angle

Butlins-Minehead.jpg

Small heath beat us to the circus. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Butlins-Minehead.jpg

Looks more like St Andrews to me. 

• Haha 1

Â