Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

9 hours ago, benireduk said:

I drive to the vast majority of home games and I’ve got to be honest, I never have much trouble getting away. Usually park on the housing estate just off the park junction on the expressway. Its 20mins walk from the ground, but takes about 15mins to get on the Expressway and then no issues.

I drive a lot now too. If it's a Saturday 3pm game then usually I'll still get the train. But any other time I drive.

I park in Newtown on a residential road and walk to the ground. The walk is not really any longer than if I got off at Aston Station.

And that's not because I don't want to pay for parking. I'd happily pay. But parking closer to the ground the traffic is ridiculous.
Where I park once I get to my car I@m out onto the main road and away (Bar the bit of traffic on the Aston Expressway but that's usually ok when you're not going onto the M6)

On 07/12/2017 at 21:37, NeilS said:

Villa to move training facilities?

Aston Villa are hoping a recent visit from rail minister, Paul Maynard MP, will speed up a decision about their future at Bodymoor Heath when work on HS2 gets underway.

A section of the club’s training facility will be wiped out by the £24.7billion high-speed Birmingham to London rail link, sparking fears for the future of the academy.

I hope we are going big for our compensation claim on this, firstly the money spent developing the training facilities, and secondly the hassle involved in having to relocate. I wonder what kind of figure we would be looking for?

Heard recently we will be getting circa £55m for the CPO and compensation. 

Plans are already underway for development of adjacent large plot of land that would eventually become the main complex.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted (I  haven't read the entire thread) - but this is apparently the route of HS2 in relation to the ground. Mind you - Google Earth pictures can be older than you think

]feq7h9l.png

• 1 month later...

Interview with Ian Dimmock, Operations Director on the OS.

Amongst other things, he mentions the plans, not in any great detail but again, it all sounds good.

“When I saw the plans for the first time, I was genuinely speechless. I thought ‘wow, this is absolutely incredible’. That showed to me the level of commitment our chairman has for Aston Villa. 

“It will be awesome. Villa Park, as a modern venue, would be a shining light in terms of stadia within the UK.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/03/23/the-big-interview-operations-director-ian-dimmock

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings whenever I hear people's opinions on these plans we can't see yet.

I'm mostly excited, but the most of the reactions seem to be, "They're very interesting", "I was speechless", "I wasn't expecting that", "Certainly unique", "What's that bit do?"

Slightly worrying :lol:

It is nice to have exciting plans, but I won't get excited until I see some actual action taking place as plans don't always come to fruition. For instance Lerner had plans to improve the stadium and that never happened.

• Like 1

I think in terms of the plans we can see; those for the training ground which have been submitted to the planning department and can be viewed online (or in the Bodymoor thread), in my opinion, they're quite impressive - I find them quite reassuring as an indicator of potential future development.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in terms of the plans we can see; those for the training ground which have been submitted to the planning department and can be viewed online (or in the Bodymoor thread), in my opinion, they're quite impressive - I find them quite reassuring as an indicator of potential future development.

BMH Thread for anyone else interested - 

I dont, we have how many thousand empty seats in the upper trinity? Should have kept it open and closed the north to refurb it, instead we get promoted start doing well again people come back attendances pick up to around 40k average and then we close the north?

Doesnt make sense 

• Like 2

On 23/03/2018 at 22:15, thejoker said:

The revamped Villa Park talk is completely pointless until we get back to The Premier League. I’d rather they focused solely on the team right now.

It is just talk. Surely it is a good idea to have the detailed plans ready to swing into action when we go up? Nothing will happen until promotion.

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is just talk. Surely it is a good idea to have the detailed plans ready to swing into action when we go up? Nothing will happen until promotion.

Even then it would probably be 2-3 years of being in the premier league and achieving some level of stability before we would need to redevelop the stadium. 

i havent lived in birmingham for nearly 18 years and i dont get to go more than once every few years.

when i lived there i attended lots of matches and frequented the club shop often.

i was there earlier this year to go to the club shop and just look around the ground and i was horrified by the state of the place.

there were greasy black and grren marks all down the outside of the facade and many of the logos and signs were badly faded.  the whole place looks tired and like it hasnt been painted or washed in years.  a very sad sight and left me with a bad taste tbh.

whilst im not sure that we need a full scales redevelopment, the north stand desperately needs word done and the stadium needs a face lift.

its a shadow of what it was in the late 90s on all 4 sides.

3 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

i havent lived in birmingham for nearly 18 years and i dont get to go more than once every few years.

when i lived there i attended lots of matches and frequented the club shop often.

i was there earlier this year to go to the club shop and just look around the ground and i was horrified by the state of the place.

there were greasy black and grren marks all down the outside of the facade and many of the logos and signs were badly faded.  the whole place looks tired and like it hasnt been painted or washed in years.  a very sad sight and left me with a bad taste tbh.

whilst im not sure that we need a full scales redevelopment, the north stand desperately needs word done and the stadium needs a face lift.

its a shadow of what it was in the late 90s on all 4 sides.

I know what you mean. Especially the north stand. Whenever I would look at it it just reminded me of the concrete jungle of city centre Coventry. Grey, drab looking buildings. A karcher/pressure washer would do wonders on the appearance.

• Like 1

The North Stand exterior, in fact the whole ground got a proper clean and fettle when Randy Lerner was in charge, before he lost interest. It was well overdue and it looked gleaming afterwards. And there was the mosaic added to the Holte.

On 1/28/2018 at 17:30, SirSteveUK said:

Not sure if this has been posted (I  haven't read the entire thread) - but this is apparently the route of HS2 in relation to the ground. Mind you - Google Earth pictures can be older than you think

]feq7h9l.png

So it’s really only a few youth fields that will be impacted.  

Â