Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Just now, Jareth said:

Steve Round must be absolutely loving the budget he's got - given that BMH is already world class, this sounds like it's going to be the ultimate training ground money can buy. Very positive news. 

Not sure about that, I think things have moved on elsewhere since our last development of BMH.

I mean it’s a very high standard but look at the facilities the two Manchester clubs have and that other PL clubs have or are developing.

There is nothing comparative to our current facilities in the Championship but we aren’t on a par with some others.

It is very positive news though.

• Like 2

Are they not losing half of the current complex to HS2 and are probably spending a lot of the kickback. 

But yes good news if we are going for a top quality complex. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are they not losing half of the current complex to HS2 and are probably spending a lot of the kickback. 

But yes good news if we are going for a top quality complex. 

No, nowhere near 50% more like 10%.

The club will be compensated and I’m sure this is a factor but I don’t think it’s the cause.

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I would think the extension of BMH would be down to HS2 going through the middle of current set up? 

It just goes over the corner - sounds like the club are using the opportunity to upgrade - that has to be a good thing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I would think the extension of BMH would be down to HS2 going through the middle of current set up? 

Latest route design I've seen shows us losing the bottom 2 pitches. Thats all.

52 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't wind from all the passing trains be an issue?

One of the reasons Man. City moved from Carrington was it was too windswept.

On the plus side it could be helpful having those quick trains from London should we sign someone else like Pires.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Villa to move training facilities?

Aston Villa are hoping a recent visit from rail minister, Paul Maynard MP, will speed up a decision about their future at Bodymoor Heath when work on HS2 gets underway.

A section of the club’s training facility will be wiped out by the £24.7billion high-speed Birmingham to London rail link, sparking fears for the future of the academy.

I hope we are going big for our compensation claim on this, firstly the money spent developing the training facilities, and secondly the hassle involved in having to relocate. I wonder what kind of figure we would be looking for?

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2017 at 01:00, villan_007 said:

I thought someone mentioned above that it only took away a tiny part of the training ground and barely affected us at all??

It doesn't take away too much land and we're looking to develop some on the other side - I think the main interference is noise.

• Like 2

So with the latest comments from Keith Wyness on WM, apparently he's very busy at the moment working on plans with people on the redevelopment of the surrounding area of Villa Park. He even said that the plan is to make it "like a 2nd city centre to be used Monday to Friday". That is very ambitious indeed when you look at the current state of Aston. 

I'd love to see the area developed but I don't see what it would bring for the club, obviously better transport links are needed for any capacity expansion but having a nicer surrounding aera - I don't get why Keith would be busy with this as its not technically Villa related.  

24 minutes ago, Junxs said:

So with the latest comments from Keith Wyness on WM, apparently he's very busy at the moment working on plans with people on the redevelopment of the surrounding area of Villa Park. He even said that the plan is to make it "like a 2nd city centre to be used Monday to Friday". That is very ambitious indeed when you look at the current state of Aston. 

I'd love to see the area developed but I don't see what it would bring for the club, obviously better transport links are needed for any capacity expansion but having a nicer surrounding aera - I don't get why Keith would be busy with this as its not technically Villa related.  

Is this not just the equivalent of a mega stadium, where the stadium sits in the centre of a mahoosive shopping, eating, entertainment complex? If so then it means some very decent revenue streams for the club, 24/7.  

• Like 1

Yeah but if we don't own that land (didn't Doug sell it off?) Then I don't see how any of the surrounding businesses would create revenue for Villa on non match days?

43 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yeah but if we don't own that land (didn't Doug sell it off?) Then I don't see how any of the surrounding businesses would create revenue for Villa on non match days?

For a start it means big crowds every week. A full wknd match experience. If there is things to do and places to stay away fans and villa fans from a far are more likely to come and stay. The new north stand might be an entertainment hub in itself.

Plus villa could build restaurants pubs ect.

To be fair he did say in the interview that it's very early stages of that part of it. The redevelopment is the main priority 

• Like 1

Â