Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would be very, very surprised if the North Stand is redeveloped for the Commonwealth games. I don't even think it'll be considered until we're promoted.

2022 - we could be up by then, if things go well :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would be very, very surprised if the North Stand is redeveloped for the Commonwealth games. I don't even think it'll be considered until we're promoted.

i disagree, mentioned this here before, we currently have how many thousand empty seats in the trinity?

we get promoted, crowd comes back and we shut a stand? now is the perfect time to do it, move the north stand fans in to the trinity upper, attendances will stay the same

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Villa Park won't get redeveloped for a long time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why would we redevelop Villa Park? We fill it twice a season at the most. At the start of most games I look around and see 6-7k empty seats.

As with most things in football it's all about the performances, and if we can improve those then the fans will start coming back and we can then start to think about increasing capacity.

We've got much bigger things to worry about currently than increasing the number of empty seats in our stadium.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

We have a planning application in with the city council! it was made on the 14th

comes under telecommunications determination but also says "Application for a prior notification for the demolition of existing buildings"

not sure if we're the latest club to install antennae on the roof for someone like Huawei, will try and dig through the planning portal (its under application number 2019/05039/PA)

Edited by blandy
merged as requested
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mods if you could open up the old thread and please merge...

We have a planning application in with the city council! it was made on the 14th

comes under telecommunications determination but also says "Application for a prior notification for the demolition of existing buildings"

not sure if we're the latest club to install antennae on the roof for someone like Huawei, will try and dig through the planning portal (its under application number 2019/05039/PA)

It looks like they are demolishing the Academy/Villa Store? That can't be right surely?

7 minutes ago, NulliSecundus said:

It looks like they are demolishing the Academy/Villa Store? That can't be right surely?

They won’t be demolishing it because they like a pile of rubble to look at. There’ll be plans for something big and shiny to replace it. 

It's not an application to develop any of the stands, but it is surely a precursor to some major development work at the ground.

Maybe making space for a future development of The North Stand.

Probably the shop and academy building can be built into the structure of a larger stand.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

They won’t be demolishing it because they like a pile of rubble to look at. There’ll be plans for something big and shiny to replace it. 

Obviously! Just very surprised it's happening so soon. It's hard to imagine that this would be happening if we hadn't beaten Derby last month. The what if doesn't bear thinking!

6 minutes ago, NulliSecundus said:

Obviously! Just very surprised it's happening so soon. It's hard to imagine that this would be happening if we hadn't beaten Derby last month. The what if doesn't bear thinking!

These guys are apparently very ambitious so if it’s a relatively small project they would probably want to get it done regardless.

I guess we’ll have a few nice surprises over the next few months/years. I don’t think infrastructure of this kind is under ffp restrictions, so money isn’t an issue. 

As for not beating Derby.....shudder...

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Just now, Rob182 said:

If the museum doesn't contain Keith's Alexa, Tony's size XXL suit or the remains of the Villa Engine, I will be very disappointed.

Or a cabbage wing and a five year plan section.

• Like 1

Â