Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Same as all north brum. No train station in great barr/kingstanding for example. The A34 will be a disaster

Since I’m now up in The Highlands, I don’t think the Commonwealth Games will have any effect on the local traffic up here. However the queue for season tickets could get all the way up the A9 to Inverness. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

If and when they redevelop the north stand I do hope it’s predominantly a stand alone stand. Hate the sloping roof of the trinity (though I know it was a necessity) I also just love this view of the sunset from the holte . 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=villa+park+stadium+sunset&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjrgdCk2fjiAhWAQkEAHTXfB8gQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=375&bih=635

On 19/06/2019 at 14:16, villa4europe said:

23-BC5113-968-E-4347-9-BE1-5-A87-E5-C0506-E

I was once talking with someone who had seen Randy’s proposed plans and they were similar to the Chelsea shed end but on a smaller scale incorporating museum shop and hotel. 3rd time lucky hopefully 🤞

I note the latest planning document refers to buildings being “not aesthetically pleasing to the owners”.  Hopefully the owners paid close attention when inspecting the exterior of the Trinity Road Stand! I’m not saying it should be replaced but perhaps some clever architects could make it a little more Villa and a little less industrial estate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I note the latest planning document refers to buildings being “not aesthetically pleasing to the owners”.  Hopefully the owners paid close attention when inspecting the exterior of the Trinity Road Stand! I’m not saying it should be replaced but perhaps some clever architects could make it a little more Villa and a little less industrial estate.

Something along the lines of lucas oil stadium exterior would be nice and relatively easy but obviously v.low on priorities . IMO I reckon they will approach a leading architectural firm to design a master plan for Villa Park . Be interesting what Herzog & De Meuron or Bjarne Ingels would cone up with . 

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Randy and The General said things about improving the external appearance of Trinity Road Stand. 

I don't think it would necessarily be too expensive to throw on some nice looking cladding. 

The 60's building next to where I work has just been re-clad in some beautiful stone effect cladding, the difference is completely startling. 

All very interesting. Having gone to quite a few away grounds now, Villa Village is barely even championship standard now.   It was a building retro fitted for a shop and ticket office. Its is not fit for purpose and not worth spending any more money on it. 

I am not complaining as my season ticket at the North Stand is good value, however I think the facilities at home will be somewhat of a contrast to away days next season. The North Stand has been good for Villa but its time to start planning for its long term replacement in a sensible and planned way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

All very interesting. Having gone to quite a few away grounds now, Villa Village is barely even championship standard now.   It was a building retro fitted for a shop and ticket office. Its is not fit for purpose and not worth spending any more money on it. 

I am not complaining as my season ticket at the North Stand is good value, however I think the facilities at home will be somewhat of a contrast to away days next season. The North Stand has been good for Villa but its time to start planning for its long term replacement in a sensible and planned way.

i think Villa will do an "Independence Day", The board will spend "£100 million on a few golden toilet seats" in the new renovated areas.

Then magically we will spend an additional £100m on players, questions will be asked, and NSWE / Perslow will be like....

happy spongebob squarepants GIF

I dont think we will ever develop villa park. Its in such a poor area - and so few of our attending fans live in the local area.

The future is away from Aston. Longbridge would have been ideal - we could then pull fans in from Barnt green, alvechurch, bromsgrove etc...and the increased revenue targeting those fans would bring. 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

I dont think we will ever develop villa park. Its in such a poor area - and so few of our attending fans live in the local area.

The future is away from Aston. Longbridge would have been ideal - we could then pull fans in from Barnt green, alvechurch, bromsgrove etc...and the increased revenue targeting those fans would bring. 

No chance. We are North Birmingham. Mega stadium in City Centre would be good though. Really wind the noses up that would.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

talking jim carrey GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was at a conference at Villa Park today, and the Trinity Road facilities and design is good, just needs tweaks. 

What did strike me is the sheer size of the site that we own behind the North Stand. There is so much potential there. They should incorporate the car park underneath a new super build stand, club shop and facilities. Similar to how they build supermarkets these days, above their own car park on stilts. Making the most of the space. 

• Like 3

Rumours going around that HS2 will be cancelled if Boris becomes PM. 

Leaves a nice sized hole in the city centre for a stadium perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Wash your mouth out with soap young man!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

For me one of the biggest disappointments with phoney Tony was that all that talk of trying to make Aston a second city centre seemingly was just nonsense. How much NSWE are looking into the area around Villa Park remains to be seen.

There are some fantastic old buildings like the Britannia that with a bit of attention could have new life breathed into them.

One step at a time though.

Â