Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It absolutely makes sense. You just choose not to see that as a viable outcome yourself. That’s on you. The club will leave Villa Park at some point unless the council CPOs land for us. It’s as simple as that. 

I think it's possible, of course there's a chance the club would consider moving - but for the moment they've said, both privately and publicly that they have no plans to move away from Villa Park and that they see it as our home; now, tomorrow and always. I think it's much more likely that the club would look to try to purchase land around the ground and develop where we are, but again, there don't seem to be any current plans to do this and the club hasn't spoken about doing it, or wanting to do it, either privately or publicly.

For now, and for the foreseeable future, we're at Villa Park - and with the money the club are looking to spend improving Villa Park this summer and the summer after, then it seems unlikely that's going to be changing any time soon. With the Euros in 2028, even if it's what we're thinking about, I wouldn't expect to see a new stadium either in Aston or elsewhere until the mid 2030's at the very, very earliest, and that's a long time away, there's no guarantee that we'll still have the same owners or be in the same position by then.

The plan that makes most sense would have been the North Stand, and without knowing why that was cancelled, it's difficult to predict what the club will do next.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's possible, of course there's a chance the club would consider moving - but for the moment they've said, both privately and publicly that they have no plans to move away from Villa Park and that they see it as our home; now, tomorrow and always. I think it's much more likely that the club would look to try to purchase land around the ground and develop where we are, but again, there don't seem to be any current plans to do this and the club hasn't spoken about doing it, or wanting to do it, either privately or publicly.

For now, and for the foreseeable future, we're at Villa Park - and with the money the club are looking to spend improving Villa Park this summer and the summer after, then it seems unlikely that's going to be changing any time soon. With the Euros in 2028, even if it's what we're thinking about, I wouldn't expect to see a new stadium either in Aston or elsewhere until the mid 2030's at the very, very earliest, and that's a long time away, there's no guarantee that we'll still have the same owners or be in the same position by then.

The plan that makes most sense would have been the North Stand, and without knowing why that was cancelled, it's difficult to predict what the club will do next.

I genuinely think if those people who own SHA actually build that stadium they will be begging for us to buy it before they even play a match there.  I just can't see how they can make it work and it'd just be a white elephant.

21 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It absolutely makes no sense. You and the club just choose not to see that outcome. That’s on you and the club. The club might leave Villa Park at some point far far into the future unless the council CPOs land for us which is highly unlikely.  For the mean time the club have said categorically they aren’t thinking of moving from Villa Park any time soon.

FTFY

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

FTFY

It  would make no sense for someone with zero ambition or zero faith in our city, our region or our global appeal. Fortunately, I suspect our owners are cut from an entirely different cloth. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

Not sure why posters are getting so worked up.The facts are clear, the club has cancelled the north stand, fact. They have said there's no plans to move , fact.

The ground has kept us being something when we was on our knees, Villa Park was one of the best and biggest stadiums in the country,  now its not, in 5 years time It will be ooutdated and if we're where we want to go then it will be holding us back.

I can't see how villa Park can be developed, enough, while we're playing there. It's just not going to work.

As fans none of us should be happy with us doing nothing, should we? If the owners are then they arent serious about us , are they? 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Not sure why posters are getting so worked up.The facts are clear, the club has cancelled the north stand, fact. They have said there's no plans to move , fact.

The ground has kept us being something when we was on our knees, Villa Park was one of the best and biggest stadiums in the country,  now its not, in 5 years time It will be ooutdated and if we're where we want to go then it will be holding us back.

I can't see how villa Park can be developed, enough, while we're playing there. It's just not going to work.

As fans none of us should be happy with us doing nothing, should we? If the owners are then they arent serious about us , are they? 

Agree with most of this but with one significant correction - Villa Park is already outdated. It’s a DVD stadium when we are now in a Gen AI age. 

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It  would make no sense for someone with zero ambition or zero faith in our city, our region or our global appeal. Fortunately, I suspect our owners are cut from an entirely different cloth. 

So they are cut from a different cloth but they are also liars saying we aren’t moving? The facts aren’t backing up your arguments.

The owners aren't going to build a stadium. The money doesn't make sense. They're in this to eventually sell an asset that's markedly increased in value, and the amount of money they'd need to invest to build a new stadium would be so large it would jeopardise the return they'd get when they sell. We binned off rebuilding a single stand, we aren't moving to a far, far, far larger investment instead. 

The stadium is going to get small tinkering updates and maybe some cosmetics done, the biggest thing being stuff like updating corporate and hospitality offerings and making low cost easy updates to mass offering like the warehouse idea. Cheap, fast, relatively high impact for low input stuff.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Agree with most of this but with one significant correction - Villa Park is already outdated. It’s a DVD stadium when we are now in a Gen AI age. 

2 sides of it are from the DVD age. The other 2 sides are tape cassette at best.

• Like 1

But it wouldn’t be their money used to build the stadium it would be the clubs via loans & bonds and it would increase the value of their asset. You’re right though about it not making initial sense right now. Maybe in a year or two who 20 no one knows… 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

But it wouldn’t be their money used to build the stadium it would be the clubs via loans & bonds and it would increase the value of their asset. You’re right though about it not making initial sense right now. Maybe in a year or two who 20 no one knows… 

Even if we made the decision now to go with a new stadium, it would be ready for us to move in around 2029-2030. That’s a long time and by then Villa Park would be even more out of date. 

I’d be surprised if NSWE aren’t thinking about our position 10 years ahead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I can. They had an entire application on it. We would have had to play with a ground at 75% for a bit and then would have a refreshed stadium with new facilities. But for some reason the powers that be changed their minds. If that is for something even better, a cheap refit, or absolutely nothing, I guess we will have to see.

47 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The owners aren't going to build a stadium. The money doesn't make sense. They're in this to eventually sell an asset that's markedly increased in value, and the amount of money they'd need to invest to build a new stadium would be so large it would jeopardise the return they'd get when they sell. We binned off rebuilding a single stand, we aren't moving to a far, far, far larger investment instead. 

The stadium is going to get small tinkering updates and maybe some cosmetics done, the biggest thing being stuff like updating corporate and hospitality offerings and making low cost easy updates to mass offering like the warehouse idea. Cheap, fast, relatively high impact for low input stuff.

Why have Atairos joined? Surely NSWE are capable of funding everything you have suggested without the need for further investment or support.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

2 sides of it are from the DVD age. The other 2 sides are tape cassette at best.

Naaah. 

Trinity is good - hospitality is there, and concourses could be easily improved over the summer.

Same for Holte. It's a big stand with lots of space. 

North stand needs changing asap.

And it's logistically (with the help of the council) easy enough to plan for Witton.

We have space, we have 2 solid stands, VP could be made into a 55/60k premium seater. But it seems that's not the plan for now. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Investing £150m in a new stand today is exactly that. An investment. 

When you sell the club in 5 years time or so you get £200m + more for the club than you otherwise would because the future owner won't look at the North Stand and think he's going to have to spend £200m+ on replacing that. 

Investing in infrastructure increases the value of that asset. Simples. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Investing £150m in a new stand today is exactly that. An investment. 

When you sell the club in 5 years time of so you get £200m + more for the club than you otherwise would because the future owner won't look at the North Stand and think he's going to have to spend £200m+ on replacing that. 

Investing in infrastructure increases the value of that asset. Simples. 

Plus the overall value of the club increases because the annual revenue has increased (from the extra ticket sales and increased hospitality a new stand provides).

I'm still at a loss why the new North Stand was canned. If, and it's a big if, the next 6 months sees Villa announcing a bigger plan, I'll be saying 'ahhh, that's why'. If not, it still points to the club squeezing every drop out of us in the same, or very similar, conditions.

Edited by brommy
Punctuation.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Surely it was cancelled cos they fancy a move? I mean you don’t extend your house if you don’t see your future there. 

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Surely it was cancelled cos they fancy a move? I mean you don’t extend your house if you don’t see your future there. 

No, that does not seem to be why it was cancelled. 

Â