Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

16 minutes ago, Hev said:

Doesn't a planning permission remain valid for 5 years once granted? Also doesn't that mean that you only have to make a start within 5 years to keep it valid? It's not that we have withdrawn our application is it - or have we?

We have to start development on the North Stand by 22 December 2025 if we are to keep the planning permission - so 20 months to break ground before permission expires (though I think you can apply to keep it going before it expires).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thabucks said:

Well according to some on here there isn’t enough money to be made from having a state of the art multi purpose and fit for the 21st century stadium which can host multitude of events, oh and close to the city centre and with entertainment amenities surrounding it… i mean  good luck to them I say… let’s stick to our awkward shaped site hemmed in by shitty houses with sub par spectator facilities and zero for fans to do before or after a game… 

Well after looking out of the train window on the way to the game on Saturday, and the state of most of the gardens I doubt they would even notice if we bulldozed their houses down 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well after looking out of the train window on the way to the game on Saturday, and the state of most of the gardens I doubt they would even notice if we bulldozed their houses down 

Its worth a try. "Marlon, didn't we used to have a garden?"
"Why, yes, I think so dear. I fancy our house was 100 yards closer to Witton Lane too. How queer..."

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, andycv said:

We have to start development on the North Stand by 22 December 2025 if we are to keep the planning permission - so 20 months to break ground before permission expires (though I think you can apply to keep it going before it expires).

To be ready for the euros any work needs to be completed 1 year before it starts which would be June 2027. The original plan was for it to take 2 years the latest this can start is summer 2025. Or we are talking into the next decade, which will make nearly it a 30 year wait from the original plans.

If we are being optimistic the club could just be doing this the other way round of doing the small increase in capacity in the current stands before the big job. As the 2028 bid document bandied around a 52k capacity when the north stand job was only going to finish at 50k. Or that was just a number plucked from the air. But there has been no further details in the capacity uplift other than vague statements.  If both are to be done before 2028 then really we need work to start this summer on the couple of thousand increase. But there has been no application or any details on this.

As they haven't been clear in the communication to us we are just guessing at the moment. But on balance I am not hopeful at all.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

The communication is terrible at the moment. What is happening with Atairos ? Have the club/Premier League confirmed the investment? The Atairos website has removed the article that they are involved with V Sports/Aston Villa. 🤔

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

I don't think Atairos ever had an article on their website regarding their investment in V Sports, it was just a link to the article on our website, which is still there. In fact they don't have any news articles on their website at all, all their news items are links to other websites.

16 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Atairos ever had an article on their website regarding their investment in V Sports, it was just a link to the article on our website, which is still there. In fact they don't have any news articles on their website at all, all their news items are links to other websites.

They didn't have an article but they had it in the news and press release section which has now disappeared.

26 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

The communication is terrible at the moment. What is happening with Atairos ? Have the club/Premier League confirmed the investment? The Atairos website has removed the article that they are involved with V Sports/Aston Villa. 🤔

The link to the press release doesn't show on Chrome for me but it appeared when I tried it on Firefox, so I assume it's just an issue with their website rather than anything foreboding. 

The Atairos thing is definitely the most interesting piece of the Villa Park redevelopment puzzle, though. The European Commission approved the deal back in February. I hope we get some light shed on what the plans are for the next steps for Villa Park, and whether it's something that Atairos will be getting involved in. Presumably any sort of news on that front will come in the summer.

5 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/december/15/v-sports-announces-investment-from-atairos/

V Sports S.C.S. (“V Sports”), a joint venture of Nassef Sawiris and Wesley Edens and the owner of Aston Villa FC Limited and Aston Villa Women’s Football Club Limited (together, “AVFC” or the “Club”), is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Atairos to become a partner in V Sports. V Sports will continue to own 100% of AVFC post-closing of the transaction and will continue to have full control of all decisions at AVFC.

Still on the Villa site

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

About the poor website?

I don't know, but it says something!  One to ask at the next Fan Advisory Board perhaps (about what's happening with the investment, not the poor website).

• Like 2

I am not sure whether we will build a totally new stadium or to continue with a piecemeal redevelopment of the existing Villa Park site.

Either way, we will need to work in very close partnership with Birmingham council.

On previous stand replacements we seem to have been at loggerheads with the local authority and it has always resulted in a less than satisfactory outcome. ( much of this down to the ego of a previous chairman).

if it is at Villa Park, we will need their cooperation with the compulsory purchase of adjacent properties / land.

Hopefully the way forward will become clearer once we know our fate on ECL qualification and the removal of some of the short-term FFP pressure on our financial position.

Edited by Lochheads twin
Typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Either way, we will need to work in very close partnership with Birmingham council.

I'm hoping we didn't damage that relationship too much following our decision to cancel the North Stand - the Mayor had made it a centrepiece of his plans to regenerate Aston, worked with us on getting the station redevelopment and plonked himself in the middle of what he'd see as a popular and useful development - us surprising everyone by dropping it will have left him with a little bit of egg on his face and hopefully we've done the right things in ensuring that's been smoothed away.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm hoping we didn't damage that relationship too much following our decision to cancel the North Stand - the Mayor had made it a centrepiece of his plans to regenerate Aston, worked with us on getting the station redevelopment and plonked himself in the middle of what he'd see as a popular and useful development - us surprising everyone by dropping it will have left him with a little bit of egg on his face and hopefully we've done the right things in ensuring that's been smoothed away.

Money Bag GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 4

Â