Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

- that the only 'announcement' re this was the CEO saying it in a video that tons of fans won't ever have seen? 

Someone on the new stadium thread had only just realised the North Stand was cancelled.  He'd completely missed it.

I still am shocked to the core that the only communication about this has been a throw away comment in one interview with the CEO.

You can argue all day about the rights and wrongs of the cancellation and the pro's and con's of  having Chris Heck, ruthless money chaser in charge of everything. But there is no argument that the communication surrounding the cancellation has been shambolic, embarrassing even.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

100% sidcow. It is amateur. I understanf the view that he is supposedly an expert and we arent but by the same token I am sure our legions of members here will include professionals from various walks of life, including comms/PR  etc, so criticism of what's happened with cancelling the badge and stand are not just coming from 'armchair experts'.

Why is Heck getting the brunt of the criticism  for lack of communication regarding the whatever status New North Stand when we have Tommy Jordan as Communications Director and also Tom Otrebski as Senior Communications Officer? Surely it is their jobs to relate info to the wider base if the club want to that is… 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why is Heck getting the brunt of the criticism  for lack of communication regarding the whatever status New North Stand when we have Tommy Jordan as Communications Director and also Tom Otrebski as Senior Communications Officer? Surely it is their jobs to relate info to the wider base if the club want to that is… 

Well firstly, because as the CEO 'the buck stops with him'. But also because on a matter as important as this, he will presumably be the one calling the shots. This isn't the quality of the training pictures or promotional videos, it's a big strategic matter. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Because he's in charge. The buck stops with him. He sets the tone from the top and he took it upon himself to just casually break the terrible news himself without any kind of follow up announcement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Someone on the new stadium thread had only just realised the North Stand was cancelled.  He'd completely missed it.

I still am shocked to the core that the only communication about this has been a throw away comment in one interview with the CEO.

You can argue all day about the rights and wrongs of the cancellation and the pro's and con's of  having Chris Heck, ruthless money chaser in charge of everything. But there is no argument that the communication surrounding the cancellation has been shambolic, embarrassing even.

Tbf it was on the site and in the local rags. Not to mention it's been done to death on here but hey, some people miss things.

What they haven't done is be transparent about the reasons why it's not happening and what they propose to do now. We all know we're at the end of what can realistically be done with the ground without knocking one of two of the existing stands down or planning for life after Villa Park. At the moment it seems to be "we'll tart the existing up and plough on for another x number of years" all while other rival clubs are busy making ambitious plans and executing them - by that I mean Everton, Newcastle etc, not the unwashed up the road who're busy selling their fans a fantasy.

• Like 1

Well said.

The commentators said something last night that really resonated. Something about 'the ghosts of Villa Greats and past glories'. Both commentators also said Villa Park is special under the lights.

Just need them to Get cracking on the new North stand 😄 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The Holte looks magnificent there 

There is a reason it’s not a picture of the north stand.

I love villa park but the north needs to go if we stay and I think the cancellation points towards leaving.

Other than the north the biggest thing for me is sorting out the acoustics which probably means the roof of each stand. You can sit in the other stands and people in the holte will say it was loud and you can hardly hear them. 

I don't know if this is the right thread for it but I noticed when I looked across from the Holte last night that every box in the Witton Lane stand was empty. I know the club are apparently very much focused on increasing revenue from this side of things but they have a long way to go if they can't sell out these existing areas for a European quarter final.

17 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't know if this is the right thread for it but I noticed when I looked across from the Holte last night that every box in the Witton Lane stand was empty. I know the club are apparently very much focused on increasing revenue from this side of things but they have a long way to go if they can't sell out these existing areas for a European quarter final.

It's been discussed in this thread before, but the short notice nature of these fixtures makes them harder to sell. However, many are taken for the season, but  "owners" can't arrange guests for midweek games at short notice. In that case, they've already been sold and can't be sold again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The Holte looks magnificent there 

Yep there is a reason other clubs players, managers and supporters, and even media talk so positive about Villa Park.  It has its flaws of course but it looks splendid and some would give this up for softer prettier seats and prawn sandwiches…. 🎣 

IMG_1979.jpeg

• Like 1

New stadium for the women and academy to play at akin to what Manchester City have, more likely than a new main stadium. infrastructure can mean anything, it could be work on Bodymoor Heath, something Heck has already said will happen, but also it could relate to infrastructure at one of V Sports other teams, and probably a bunch of other possibilities man

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I went on 35 minutes to get a pint yesterday. The queues after the 40 minute mark in the upper Doug were a shamble. Went all the way down the concourse.

Is the beer that good that you'd miss the event you've paud for the sake of getting one?

• Like 1

Â