Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

On 20/08/2022 at 07:45, thabucks said:

Reafing  the latest astonvilla.wtf and highly recommended MOMs newsletter https://www.astonvilla.wtf/?s=r&utm_campaign=pub&utm_medium=web

He mentions we can reconfigure the lower Holte and add 2-3k seats and goes with what’s others have said about space under the Holte being utilised for pitch access… 

Bet rid of the awful junction between the Holte and Witton 

09788A00-8FF7-48A9-9366-9611876FD95E.jpeg

The architects and builders employed by Ellis must have been wearing blindfolds!

Edited by Stephen_Evans

I am not an engineer but I can't see how we can add 3,000 seats by reconfiguring the lower Holte, unless we put the pitch in some type of  water well.

I believe the reason why we have the odd angle of seats in the lower Doug Ellis was when they had to reprofile the seats after they added the top tier.  Initially they just put seats on the old Witton Lane banking but had to change it, which lowered capacity and obscured some of the  seats in the far corner of the lower Holte. It  basically showed that there was no masterplan and Doug did it in-house to save money. Hope these lessons have been learnt for the new North Stand.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

Very very cool!

The idea of being able to watch away games on a big screen with a load of others that can’t make it is epic.

Love the brick work. 

Exciting times… football aside 😅

Edited by spiezels
  • Like 1

All looks amazing.  If only we can get it right on the pitch.  Can’t believe how everything is brilliant off the pitch but awful on the pitch.  These new pictures of the North Stand and additional area look amazing.

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Roof looks largely transluscent 

I'll embellish on this... 

I think with a transluscent roof plus then also that curtain walling and the section drawing which showed the really high ceiling on the main concourse the use of light will be brilliant, really light and airy on the day light games but then on the night assuming they'll then of course use modern LED lighting and with the right positioning the stand could have an amazing glow to it (depending on light pollution during planning) 

Its a great design 

Edited by villa4europe

Â