Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

What happens to season ticket holders in the north stand when it's rebuilt? I assume they get relocated elsewhere and there are less match day tickets for walk ins?

From what CP says there will be no impact, this to me means that the new North will be built right behind the existing stand, which will be taken down once those ST holders can be relocated to be sitting in the new stand.

55 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It seems they want to keep people hanging around the stadium on and away from match days, focusing on gaming for kids/young adults and possibly building a cinema/pub/bowling facilities to improve the experience of coming to VP. 

I get the impression the cinema/bowling/sports pub is for getting people to come on non match days. Maybe to engage the local community aswell as the fanbase although it’s not a million miles from Star City which serves the same purpose (and is well rough).

Interesting he [Purslow] mentioned the Euros, makes sense that Birmingham is represented if we win the bid for 2028. Would be embarrassing to the city if we didn’t have any games. Am I right in thinking we would get help towards the cost of the rebuild if this was the case? It massively bothers me that teams like West Ham and City got free stadiums on the back of Athletic events. In City’s case it was probably the driver for them being taken over and it meant West Ham didn’t have to spend a fortune upgrading the Boleyn Ground. They are also a far more attractive club to buy for potential new owners who don’t have to spend money on building new stadiums.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Interesting he mentioned the Euros, makes sense that Birmingham is represented if we win the bid for 2028. Would be embarrassing to the city if we didn’t have any games. Am I right in thinking we would get help towards the cost of the rebuild if this was the case? It massively bothers me that teams like West Ham and City got free stadiums on the back of Athletic events. In City’s case it was probably the driver for them being taken over and it meant West Ham didn’t have to spend a fortune upgrading the Boleyn Ground. They are also a far more attractive club to buy for potential new owners who don’t have to spend money on building new stadiums.

knowing villa? No help!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

From what CP says there will be no impact, this to me means that the new North will be built right behind the existing stand, which will be taken down once those ST holders can be relocated to be sitting in the new stand.

It's hard to see how you could build the whole thing without touching what is there unless the new stand is 50m+ from the pitch.

I guess if they built the bulk of the structure behind, maybe the summer would be long enough to demolish the existing stand and put in the terracing/seats?

26 minutes ago, WHY said:

Interesting he mentioned the Euros, makes sense that Birmingham is represented if we win the bid for 2028. Would be embarrassing to the city if we didn’t have any games. Am I right in thinking we would get help towards the cost of the rebuild if this was the case? It massively bothers me that teams like West Ham and City got free stadiums on the back of Athletic events. In City’s case it was probably the driver for them being taken over and it meant West Ham didn’t have to spend a fortune upgrading the Boleyn Ground. They are also a far more attractive club to buy for potential new owners who don’t have to spend money on building new stadiums.

(Moved from the Purslow thread).

Probably not help with the construction costs, but most definitely help with changes to help solves the problems around transport in the area around the ground - improving the stations and access to and from them, changes to road layouts potentially, opening up new entrances to the site - all of that sort of thing, I don't think they'll necessarily help us with the money we spend on our own land, but I think there will need to be a lot of money spend in the area and outside of our land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember getting into Villa Park as they were building the North Stand. It really wasn't all that impressive when it was completed. It's crazy to think it's taken so long for plans to replace it. 

"Witton Warriors ", anybody? 

I distinctly remember one home game against Everton when the Witton was half and half and the NS was being  built a massive masonary exchange between us and them. I think that was the last game it was ever half and half. Amazed no one got killed

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's hard to see how you could build the whole thing without touching what is there unless the new stand is 50m+ from the pitch.

I guess if they built the bulk of the structure behind, maybe the summer would be long enough to demolish the existing stand and put in the terracing/seats?

Maybe the existing north stand will have the roof whipped off and be incorporated into the new stand 

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I distinctly remember one home game against Everton when the Witton was half and half and the NS was being  built a massive masonary exchange between us and them. I think that was the last game it was ever half and half. Amazed no one got killed

"We are the Witton, Witton Warriors, la la, la". I remember Chelsea and their famous " One Arm Babes".

Good old day's, foll. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

"We are the Witton, Witton Warriors, la la, la". I remember Chelsea and their famous " One Arm Babes".

Good old day's, foll. 

Ooo to be a Witt-on-er

Singing Sendumback against Fenderbache🤣

Someone in the cushion told me once that Chelsea fella had attachments for his missing arm like swords and stuff🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Could be, or the new 2nd/3rd tier would have enough seats to accommodate the whole of the current north stand allocation and complete bottom tier during the season maybe, it will be some genius logistical masterpiece that keeps everyone more then happy🤞

The away-game fanzone idea sounds amazing. I would definitely turn up whenever possible to watch the games with other Villa fans in an away style atmosphere. Would they be able to do it for the 3pm games? Obviously that would lead to eating out, having a family evening with the kids doing the other ideas they've included in the survey. 

This sounds so exciting! 

• Like 3

Â