Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Yeah I think so

Lazily guessed before that due to the proximity to the water (2 sides or 3 sides of the ground?) they'd have access and egress issues in case of an emergency if they increased the capacity they would need to increase the walk ways, the way round that would be to make the land side stand bigger than the others but the design is a box 

18 hours ago, thabucks said:

I wonder how much £££ the lounges in the corner of the Trinity bring in. Would replicating the design to balance the stand be finically worthwhile ? 

E62B2699-1886-48B4-AC8C-BC1C5AD564BA.jpeg

I  believe that was built for a tv studio for match day coverage. However apparently when built it was unusable for that. Classic Doug.

20 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Hi Hippo,

Apols was in a meeting and one at 330. Sure, no problem. I was referring to the guts pretty much of the articles below as a quick grab. The bolt-on / indoor centre facilities I referred to relate to the urban centres shown on the map below, hopefully it attaches. My post above, was a blast to the state of Blues, and the onwards and upwards of our team. This below is what I mean as to the continual evolving of our club and its infrastructure. There'll be better articles than these, I'm a bit rushed sorry bud.

Cut and pasted directly from this article: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-aston-villa-academy-brookvale-20689285 

Aston Villa have received approval for a new inner-city academy that has been labelled a 'game-changer'.

Birmingham City Council's Planning Committee met on Thursday to discuss plans submitted by the club for the new academy off Brookvale Road in Aston.

The state-of-the-art setup is only 500 yards from Villa Park and is part of Villa 's plans to attract inner-city talent who cannot get to the club's Bodymoor Heath training ground in Sutton Coldfield, around 12 miles away from the stadium.

Concerns were raised by residents in Aston about traffic and congestion because of the new structure while in the council documents assessing the approval of the plans the use of floodlights was raised and how that might impact on houses nearby.

However, the floodlights will be turned off when not in use with a curfew of 9pm.

also ...

"The scale and design of the buildings and pitches, associated car parking, landscaping and lighting have all been carefully considered and, subject to conditions, will not result in unacceptable harm to the amenities of the neighbouring residential properties, highway safety or the ecological corridor of the River Tame."

The new academy will sport a full-size indoor 3G pitch, an outdoor 3G pitch with floodlighting and six changing rooms, an office, parents' lounge and storage with a new hub being built.

BirminghamLive reported in March how the original submission was made in October last year and is considered to be a 'game-changer' by people within the club.

It is part of the club's drive to recruit the best young talent in the city and comes just days after the Under-18s won the FA Youth Cup on Monday.

Also this article from Dec from this site https://www.business-live.co.uk/commercial-property/aston-villa-plan-new-academy-19426135

excerpt: 

The application covers two sites either side of the River Tame which is currently used by match-day staff as a car park.

The plans mirror Aston Villa's new £14 million academy base at Bodymoor Heath which opened during the summer following a two-year build project.

Rugby-based practice HB Architects has designed the new academy.

It is the same firm which worked on the Holte Suite at Villa Park and the revamp of Bodymoor Heath which had to undergo a redesign because the HS2 high-speed rail line will cut through part of the site.

HB Architects also created the indoor training pitch at Wolverhampton Wanderers FC which sits inside a huge ‘dome', with plans for a similar building at the new Villa academy.

A planning statement said: "The new youth academy is a facility that will be available by invitation to young players in the city who are selected as part of the club's academy programme.

"By providing the facility in the shadow of the main stadium, and also in an urban location that is easily accessible on foot, cycle and by public transport, there is a greater opportunity for those young people who may not have access or the support to travel the 12km to the Bodymoor Heath training ground facility.

"The Witton Road Academy proposals are modest and focus on providing appropriate football training facilities on single indoor and outdoor pitches.

"A purpose-built, two-storey building will provide the required changing facilities, a lounge for players and parents to use that overlooks the indoor pitch and ancillary office space."

---

I can look more later, gotta go! Sh-tty videocon (WFH). dunno why theres underline in the text above, i havent added it

UTV

1_inner-city-academy-1.jpg

Thanks for the update, I wasn't aware it was approved about 2 months ago! Good to see. The land is brownfield and needs developing anyway and is next to the railway line.

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Thanks for the update, I wasn't aware it was approved about 2 months ago! Good to see. The land is brownfield and needs developing anyway and is next to the railway line.

Indeed. We are lucky to have the owners we do, putting all these building blocks in place and not just throwing everything at fancy overpaid players with a hope they can drag us up the table. They don't put all of their eggs in one basket in this way, they have sound strategies in place for the medium and long term and recognise where we are and where they want us to be. On the back of the update in the Tony Xia thread too, I shudder to think of the opposite circumstance we could have been in with an asset stripping potentially, or in the least a few more steps backward. 

Here we are, discreetly advancing behind the scenes, catching up with the elite / CL teams. I also like how our owners dont shout this sort of stuff, they just get it done, no pointscoring with the fans. The results will be tangible and our forward view is very promising. First class stadium, state-of-the-art training ground and soon even more youth development facilities around the VP area. Truly exciting and evermore proud times to be a Villa fan. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if we might install rail seating or possible alternatives. I'd love it if we can safely stand.

http://"Football fans set to be allowed to stand at English stadiums before end of this season | Politics News | Sky News" https://news.sky.com/story/amp/safe-standing-set-to-be-introduced-at-english-football-grounds-before-end-of-this-season-12394209

Football fans set to be allowed to stand at English stadiums before end of this season

Many clubs in the Premier League - including Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United - have recently installed "safe standing" areas, with rail seating, ahead of an anticipated law change.

• 1 month later...

The heights of the tiers on the Witton Lane and Trinity Road Stand are also wrong on it - it wouldn't be possible to simply follow the tiers around like they are in that diagram - it'd have to be a peculiar curve of seats, higher, deeper and steeper at one end than the other.

I don't think it would be possible to join up the Trinity Road and Witton Lane stands as they currently are - a new North Stand would have to stand alone.

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The heights of the tiers on the Witton Lane and Trinity Road Stand are also wrong on it - it wouldn't be possible to simply follow the tiers around like they are in that diagram - it'd have to be a peculiar curve of seats, higher, deeper and steeper at one end than the other.

I don't think it would be possible to join up the Trinity Road and Witton Lane stands as they currently are - a new North Stand would have to stand alone.

Lerner had various modelling connecting the stands. I think part of the Trinity would have to be demolished and rebuilt to do the corners. I know some oppose it but it would improve the atmosphere and make Villa Park less cold in the winter!

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Lerner had various modelling connecting the stands.

It's more than possible that he did, but I don't think we've ever actually seen any modelling by Lerner. We've seen lots and lots of things made by fans, but in terms of actual Lerner plans, it's all just rumour isn't it?

Â