Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

https://villaleaks.com/china-xia-publicly-rebuked/

Not sure how reliable. If it is, he continues to look like a liar and untrustworthy. 

Just a good experiment though. Poor Tony.

Interesting article, though sad experience of dishonest and incompetent owners at Leeds suggests the wrong question is being asked.

The article speculates as to what the censure might mean for Xia’s ability to access more investment from China.  

Reckon the bigger question is “if he would lie and falsify this sort of stuff in China, what might he be lying about and falsifying in relation to Aston Villa’s business affairs and financial situation, and how might that impact on the club if/when it comes out?”

Edited by WaccoeOnline
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

1) I remember clubs gambling with FFP. Could you point out the clubs that failed to pay a tax bill, while accepting less money on incoming transfer payments so they could have them weeks earlier?

2) That's fine. I don't buy the idea that a liar and an owner of several failing business ventures would start making brilliant decisions because of promotion.

3) Haven't got much of an issue with that, although hindsight shows sticking with bruce was wrong. But we are in a complete mess with FFP and how the club is run. I don't think that can be shrugged off as a good experiment. 

1) No. Towards the end of my post you’ll see that I said that Xia’s biggest failing was spending that extra chunk that has not allowed us to tick over (ie: tax bill etc).

2) We’ll have to agree to disagree. Had we gotten promoted then we’d still have the short term issues that we have now (tax bill etc), but we would be guaranteed a mammoth income, so banks (would be much more inclined to lend us a few quid for these immediate costs that the new Premier League money will eventually pay for). I don’t see how anyone can say that Xia would have gambled with our future again, had we gone up. Likewise I can’t say that he wouldn’t, but people in this thread seem to talk about it like it is a certainty that he would have seen us into administration even with the £100m+ from the Prem. Not for me.

I notice that article talks about Xia ‘losing face’ in China. Is there some sort of losing face scale over there, that doesn’t exist anywhere else?

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I notice that article talks about Xia ‘losing face’ in China. Is there some sort of losing face scale over there, that doesn’t exist anywhere else?

Yes, details are on Facebook.

• Like 1

There must be a bunch of people like advisors, ex players, ex board members  etc......That knew more than has been revealed......I think many folk knew more than they are letting on, the silence is deafening.

It seems like a sad old place right now.

So we have sorted the toxic atmosphere in the playing squad.....its just the boardroom now.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

There must be a bunch of people like advisors, ex players, ex board members  etc......That knew more than has been revealed......I think many folk knew more than they are letting on, the silence is deafening.

It seems like a sad old place right now.

So we have sorted the toxic atmosphere in the playing squad.....its just the boardroom now.

Quite possibly 

If our owner is willing to sell part all of the club how can he realistically expect to get exactly back what he paid for the club given its present situation both financially and football wise? 

16 minutes ago, John said:

If our owner is willing to sell part all of the club how can he realistically expect to get exactly back what he paid for the club given its present situation both financially and football wise? 

Exactly, he can't, and pouring bad money after bad is digging a bigger hole for himself not just us. I don't get it. We are attractive to a buyer if we are a bargain, which given that we are a total **** basket case at the moment, we should be. Pick us up on the cheap get a good young manager in to work with the kids and build a good team over a couple of years and we'd have a good chance of getting out of this league whilst being solvent and not hemorrhaging every month.

If he's holding out to get his money back, then surely he's going to mercilessly cut the shit out of the monthly budget so he's not having to beg borrow or steal £4-6m a month just staving off administration. That road ends in League One.

• Like 2

Oh for the days when FFP was our major worry. Now I suppose that would still prevent a new owner coming in and trying to fix things on and off the pitch as he might want to.

Nice letter - although I disagree with this:

None of us foresaw the financial meltdown and subsequent fallout a failure to gain promotion has brought

A number of us on here absolutely did. Hence the reason we have been getting so agitated with the performances on the pitch and were on the managers back. 

We gambled everything on promotion with no plan B. Tony needs to cut his losses and sell, or it will be disastrous for everyone.

I disagree with large parts of that letter. Why should we have clear communication channel? What other clubs have that? Didn’t th club announce that Chinese lady (her name escapes me at present) was running club at present? 

11 hours ago, Rob182 said:

1) No. Towards the end of my post you’ll see that I said that Xia’s biggest failing was spending that extra chunk that has not allowed us to tick over (ie: tax bill etc).

2) We’ll have to agree to disagree. Had we gotten promoted then we’d still have the short term issues that we have now (tax bill etc), but we would be guaranteed a mammoth income, so banks (would be much more inclined to lend us a few quid for these immediate costs that the new Premier League money will eventually pay for). I don’t see how anyone can say that Xia would have gambled with our future again, had we gone up. Likewise I can’t say that he wouldn’t, but people in this thread seem to talk about it like it is a certainty that he would have seen us into administration even with the £100m+ from the Prem. Not for me.

1) may be wrong but to me it seems our cash issues are more than just player wages. But if it just that, then Bruce's talk of being restricted in his spending is even more laughable than it currently is.

2) I don't think he'd gamble. But what is coming out is that he is not truthful and all his business ventures are losing money. That combined with his poor football decisions lead me to believe promotion would have just covered up the cracks for a short while. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Fully agree. When he bought the club for around £80M we had assets in players like Gana, Ayew, Amavi, Veretout etc. We also had two seasons of parachute payments coming in. Whereas now we have sold those players and we have burnt the parachute payments on players who does not have much sell on value. So the parachute money is gone, the squad is worth much less, we also seem to have sold out other things as the catering business. We apparently have no money at all. To expect someone to pay the same price he did in this situation seems unrealistic.

Comes back to my fear that he bought us with loaned money and simply cannot sell for less. 

• Like 2

Â