Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

44 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lerner seemed to move on pretty quickly once we had that "We want Lerner Out"  little ditty - we need a new and just catchy Xia out Ditty....

Dr. Xia out. Dr. Xia out. I just don't think you understand! From Lord Mayor's shows to bank accounts froze, we want Dr. Xia out! 

Number one this Christmas. Calling Chas and/or Dave now for recording. 

Hang on! I have another one.. 

Dr. Xia out! Dr. Xia out!
I just don't think you understand!
From there or there abouts
To financial doubts
We want Dr. Xia out!

To the tune of "Randy Lerner out" by A Villa.

Edited by Sam3773
Compose another tune.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Lerner seemed to move on pretty quickly once we had that "We want Lerner Out"  little ditty - we need a new and just catchy Xia out Ditty....

Well hopefully it will happen before we lose 6-0 at home and get relegated again.

I for one will welcome our next new naive businessman overlord.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheEgo said:

From what I've seen as FACT and what I've heard which can't be verified as fact, we need a sale or 'fresh' money. without it, we will at some point this season go into Administration. Given what we've seen and what I know, We'd be better off long term going into admin rather than Xia sticking around and trying to plug holes and borrowing more and more. I don't think it gets to that stage though. I've been adamant (Can't verify this to you guys either) that we would be sold, either outright or via initial investment with a preemptive view of a full takeover as that could be achieved quicker and enable someone to see things really close up. I know think (from what I have been told, yeah yeah and all that) that we are in a Due Dilligence stage and NDA's signed. I don't know the timeline or any other information. 

But yes IMO if we aren't sold or invested in with new money we will end up in Administration, things are bad, we are living day to day and that isn't sustainable. Worst case is a money grab. Sell the valuable players, get some quick cash and flip it. I don't know the legalities behind that though  and it would clearly affect the sale price. 

Thanks for the reply!

How on earth did we end up with an owner so unbelievably reckless and stupid? Do you know if proper due diligence was done on this clown when he took over or did RL bung someone at the FA in order to squeeze through the deal? 

This is all so reminiscent of Small Heathens and Carsen Yeung. Have we really sunk so low?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He is taking the piss even tweeting at a time like this let alone one that says f all.

If he is to break his silence he needs to be making proper statements on the official site not letting out the odd tweet weeks apart that still give off a stench of self pity and not having a clue.

My default position with Xia is now that he is a charlatan and it is for him to prove that wrong.

I can do that for you mate, he is definitely NOT Tim Burgess! 

On a serious note, I totally agree with you. I think that he had delusions of grandeur and thought that his big gamble of blowing all the money on the best players would pay off and get us straight back up. He came in with big promises and has failed to deliver big  time. Question is; whose idea was it to take that gamble? Xia alone or did the likes of Wyness, Round, Di Matteo convince him it was the right thing to do? Either way, it was a careless and totally irresponsible thing to do. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

On a serious note, I totally agree with you. I think that he had delusions of grandeur and thought that his big gamble of blowing all the money on the best players would pay off and get us straight back up. He came in with big promises and has failed to deliver big  time. Question is; whose idea was it to take that gamble? Xia alone or did the likes of Wyness, Round, Di Matteo convince him it was the right thing to do? Either way, it was a careless and totally irresponsible thing to do. 

You missed Teflon Bruce off the list. You can’t be the manager and claim, “nuffin to do wiv me guv”

• Like 1

I’ve just read that AC Milan were bought for £648m in April last year, by a Chinese consortium who went on to spend £200m last summer on players. They now have ffp problems and are banned from Europe next season. Regardless of the ffp situation, which I’ll watch with interest, it does seem that the flow of money out of China doesn’t seem to be a problem for their owners. Perhaps the Chinese Gov don’t mind you taking money out of the country if you’ve actually got some?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

? World cup is on. 

No Deisler, don’t you know, if you don’t post during the bad times then you are automatically Tony or Rongtian. That conclusion has been made so now it’s fact ? 

Deisler(Tony) Out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve just read that AC Milan were bought for £648m in April last year, by a Chinese consortium who went on to spend £200m last summer on players. They now have ffp problems and are banned from Europe next season. Regardless of the ffp situation, which I’ll watch with interest, it does seem that the flow of money out of China doesn’t seem to be a problem for their owners. Perhaps the Chinese Gov don’t mind you taking money out of the country if you’ve actually got some?

It has always been possible but, at the same time, difficult.

Considering his financial difficulty now, it would not make too much sense to keep borrowing and keep investing into the club.

Appointing a CEO who can reduce costs wisely and boost income over the summer would be the best strategy at the moment. But it has not happened yet.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 1

I know it was a gamble of good/decent championship players that didn’t work.

Just wonder why if they were going to literally gamble everything the club had on players why they didn’t go the way Wolves did it, from battling relegation the season before to winning the league at a canter, almost makes you feel sick. 

11 hours ago, hippo said:

Id say he doesn't want to sell - but he is going to have to

Most worrying thing about that tweet is he still sees himself as some sort of hero 

Some sort of chinese communist buinessman mentality I think. Won't be surprise if his academic record is fake too.

3 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

Considering his financial difficulty now, it would not make too much sense to keep borrowing and keep investing into the club.

Appointing a CEO who can reduce costs wisely and boost income over the summer would be the best strategy at the moment. But it has not happened yet.

I agree it’s at times tricky, but you do need to have some money in the first place, to get out. I’m not sure if he has or hasn’t, but the signs aren’t that great. 

As for appointing a good CEO, that is vital and something we haven’t had since Steve Stride was effectively in that roll. I’m not overly confident that Tony Xia can/will manage that. 

9 hours ago, villarocker said:

Thanks for the reply!

How on earth did we end up with an owner so unbelievably reckless and stupid? Do you know if proper due diligence was done on this clown when he took over or did RL bung someone at the FA in order to squeeze through the deal? 

This is all so reminiscent of Small Heathens and Carsen Yeung. Have we really sunk so low?

Can you believe he was actually vetted by both the EFL and the Premier League......The test is flimsy at best, that said the failed the guy that set the whole thing up after Xia (Samulelson) So you'd of thought they would of gone back. Maybe the crossover of two entities (EFL/Premier League) didn't actually help in the end. Plus it's prrof of cash, paper trail of previous owners and director posts etc!! They don't dig deep to verify it's actually true. 

** I'm not alleging Xia has done any wrong doing other than people a totally useless owner.....I'll leave that for others. 

9 hours ago, villarocker said:

Samuelson sold the dream as blow the parachute cash and you'll be back in the Premier League and onto a tidy sum *allegedly.

4 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

? World cup is on. 

This is true and thus you'e far more sensible than the rest of us. Penny for your thoughts though? What's been said in China? Still not important enough to register? Xia will 100% want to look like he hasn't lost out though won't he? Culturally we hear that this would be very important to him...

Edited by TheEgo
Typo

4 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

Terrence will sort it all? out 

Â