Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Pardon me, I'm just in and catching up - what has Ho said?

**edit i didn't link to the "instagram" post as this was the translated version (which we could all read) It has now been deleted, bit not fake, I read it with my own eyes. Just for clarity in case people are wondering

HadIrMC.jpg

Edited by TheEgo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

Nothing it was too cryptic to make a conclusion

Well, he has said something, it's not 'nothing' It's 100% reflective and reads  like he's looking back, given no one is saying anything, I think it's at least worth more than "he said nothing"

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Yeah Ho's off, so it's done, Tony is letting go, the right thing to do in the end. Looking forward to a fresh start and hopefully an owner who can make it happen for us. 

As I said, it's not 'done' yet......sadly. It will be though, Xia now knows he must sell and we have a queue of bidders, one in the lead though ?

• Thanks 1

Regardless of one's belief in twitterers this chap has reared his head of late and has got a couple of things out in advance of press if memory serves - then again it is wonderfully vague. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Regardless of one's belief in twitterers this chap has reared his head of late and has got a couple of things out in advance of press if memory serves - then again it is wonderfully vague. 

So we might get out of this mess?

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He's a tough one to gauge as he is so vague. Got a few things right, plenty wrong.  He did say a bid was in from holland days before the B Mail said a European bid has been knocked back.  I set him a trap though and linked to the Comer Bros article from pre Lerner and he then said they wanted to buy us. Instinct says BS however I've already heard something pre Wednesday to be said, but that could easily be guessed at due to the squad returning to pre season then. #dontpanic #Tuesday ??

China: Xia Publicly Rebuked

While the problems continue to mount up for Tony Xia in B6, he has suffered further humiliation in China after being public censured by the Shanghai Stock Exchange. Problems surrounding his company Lotus Health and a transfer of shares in a subsidiary have caused the Shanghai Stock Exchange to make public their displeasure and to inform the local government of their decision.

Was this posted already? (I know the villaleaks blog has, but has this article?)Apologies if so. Xia in trouble with the stock exchange now....tut tut 

https://villaleaks.com/china-xia-publicly-rebuked/

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I disagree with large parts of that letter. Why should we have clear communication channel? What other clubs have that? Didn’t th club announce that Chinese lady (her name escapes me at present) was running club at present? 

The Trust letter is embarrassing to be honest.

42 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

As I said, it's not 'done' yet......sadly. It will be though, Xia now knows he must sell and we have a queue of bidders, one in the lead though ?

So you personally have information? 

Care to share?

Ho as since deleted his instagram post. It's in the B Mail though for those that which to check it's authenticity. 

A vague post on Instagram by boardroom member Rongtian He has left Aston Villa fans scratching their heads over the meaning of his update.

Tony Xia's right-hand man, also known as 'Ho' posted a cryptic and somewhat reflective post on social media about his time in Birmingham.

It featured a picture of the city centre and a message in Chinese which translates as:

"At the stage of work stress, I really want to do good and good.

"Since I didn't plan to come to this city to study and work life five years ago, even if I lost everything I got in the future, I will miss it." #stayhungry #cityview # Fridayvibes

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cryptic-message-aston-villa-boardroom-14849171

54 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I didn't know Sheffield Wednesday were on the verge of panicking. Perhaps they are coming out in sympathy with us? ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

You lot are optimistic. Ho was at the club pre-Xia so him leaving, if indeed he is, probably doesn't mean much. 

He's also massively entwined with Xia and the day to day stuff, so yes it could be sod all, but this off the back of Xia's tweet and other suggestions we may be sold, it's a fair topic of discussion. Read a little like "whatever happens, it's been a fun ride"

18 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

You lot are optimistic. Ho was at the club pre-Xia so him leaving, if indeed he is, probably doesn't mean much. 

He might have been here before xia bought us, but considering it wasn't a major role beforehand and since xia bought us he has been considered xia's main man and his eyes and ears I'd say any news that he is leaving is pretty indicative that something is afoot.

4 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

He's also massively entwined with Xia and the day to day stuff, so yes it could be sod all, but this off the back of Xia's tweet and other suggestions we may be sold, it's a fair topic of discussion. Read a little like "whatever happens, it's been a fun ride"

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

He might have been here before xia bought us, but considering it wasn't a major role beforehand and since xia bought us he has been considered xia's main man and his eyes and ears I'd say any news that he is leaving is pretty indicative that something is afoot.

Both very fair points, and you are correct, Ho's role has been greatly increased under Xia. I'm just keeping things balanced. Perhaps Xia could be well on the way to the exit door, but he could also have decided to stay and try to fix things. You can read his tweets both ways. 

Maybe Ho is leaving with Xia. Maybe Ho is as fed up as the rest of us and has chosen to move away from the undoubted amount of grief he's been getting on the socials. Time, as always, well tell all. 

Â