Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Think @TheEgo is correct, that tweet is more about timing than content - Tony's had plenty of chances to allay fears and his silence has done all the talking. Sounds like, 'hi I'm back and working', to be followed probably soon with 'have enjoyed owning the club but a deal is coming', then 'see-ya bitches!'. Where's @Deisler123 when you need some back channel hints...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, blandy said:

As fans we're limited in what we could do. Protesting is pointless, given he's in China, and given that he's not unaware of the mess. He knows what needs to be done and has taken enabling steps to allow it to happen. He has been utterly reckless, but (and this isn't to excuse that) but..the "solution" to the cashflow problem is shares => cash. It appears that's been facilitated. The source of that cash needs to not be dodgy loans, but shareholder investment, ideally by a responsible, competent owner(s), not a faker or charlatan.

The solution to the underlying income < expenditure is sustainable cost cutting + increasing income

The solution to FFP is also sustainable cost cutting + increasing income, plus, unfortunately, player sales.

Yup, let's now sit tight and hope it happens. Odd that we can all see that yes a "Professor" from  Harvard can't.....

Good times!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Lost interest".

Might have something to do with losing his wife and half his fortune?

And towards the end of his reign I bet some of you were saying Doug was 10 times better? Lol

He did lose interest, I didn't realise or feel the need to expand on why, he himself said as  much. Please don't tar me with the brush you tar others with. I always thought Lerner to be a gent with a moral compass and felt bad for him to an extent, nothing remotely similar between the two or Doug Ellis for that matter, so don't go trying to find arguments that don't exist. There's already plenty to be had

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Think @TheEgo is correct, that tweet is more about timing than content - Tony's had plenty of chances to allay fears and his silence has done all the talking. Sounds like, 'hi I'm back and working', to be followed probably soon with 'have enjoyed owning the club but a deal is coming', then 'see-ya bitches!'. Where's @Deisler123 when you need some back channel hints...

Yes @Deisler123 Chose a break at the right (or wrong) time.......

Next time I expect to hear from Xia will be when he says he's in talks to sell via the OS (or a very badly written tweet knowing him)

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

He did lose interest, I didn't realise or feel the need to expand on why, he himself said as  much. Please don't tar me with the brush you tar others with. I always thought Lerner to be a gent with a moral compass and felt bad for him to an extent, nothing remotely similar between the two or Doug Ellis for that matter, so don't go trying to find arguments that don't exist. There's already plenty to be had

Lol I'm driving and speed typing mate so everyone had to be tarred as I had to text as quick as possible, can't expound don't take it personally lol. I'm just annoyed at it all, not romantically nourished at all.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol I'm driving and speed typing mate so everyone had to be tarred as I had to text as quick as possible, can't expound don't take it personally lol. I'm just annoyed at it all, not romantically nourished at all.

A shumanite would say that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Yes @Deisler123 Chose a break at the right (or wrong) time.......

Next time I expect to hear from Xia will be when he says he's in talks to sell via the OS (or a very badly written tweet knowing him)

I think @Deisler123 is basically this regimes Hairy hands.

Hairless hands if you will. 

*Because he's Asian. ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think @Deisler123 is basically this regimes Hairy hands.

Hairless hands if you will. 

*Because he's Asian. ?

I was halfway done typing hairy Asian man into google to prove that such a person does exist.

Probably a good thing that I didn't hit return on that one at work.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haha!! Me neither, I'm the opposite of that..................wait that would be a 40 yo virgin still living with his mum. I'm not that.....honest ?? 

You know what, I'm super pissed at it all, especially Xia and Wyness!! Genuinely angry and bothered by it. Totally let down by him and sod all any of us can do about it!! How crappy is that?! Just have to wait until he has gone now!!

• Haha 1

Hahaha Yes! I understand it..

The eye of the Dragon-Monkey grows stronger, when the moon sets West... 

All I’m saying is, make of that what you will. 

Villa are going places. 

UTV. 

3 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

If we are calling in £750k due to us in January, I think it's quite obvious we have called in every penny we can get already....whether it's in the public domain or not!

I mean, how desperate must we be to collect £1m last week when we were due it next week anyway....and then call in a poultry £750k due in January 2019? Not forgetting both of these fees will incorporate some sort of charge presumable, so we probably won't even collect the full £1.75m.......We seriously do not have a pot to piss in at the moment.

I find it staggering that people are still in denial over the position the club are clearly in! 

‘Denial’ :blink: Has everyone in this thread not said that the clubs position isn’t good? Are you just purposely bending the truth to piss people off? 

‘It’s quite obvious we have called in every penny we can get already’. Jesus wept, are you serious? Proof of the Amavi and Sanchez fees being called in automatically means it’s obvious we have called in everything else? :huh: 

I’m sure there are numerous other conclusions we could jump to, from just knowing about the Amavi and Sanchez fees, but I guess you’d just ignore them, laugh it off and call ‘denial!’ or something similar, so I’ll just not bother, and instead reach for that ignore button, I think :thumb:

3 hours ago, TheEgo said:

Just to add to the mess and confusion

Oh dear oh dear. Embarrassing and insulting to our ‘ collective’ intelligence. For me, confirms 100% we are hovering over the trap door. I’d take Administration tomorrow and work from there, Personally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

By now I am quite the expert at reading in between the lines of a Xia tweet, so prepare to be amazed....:snip:

I must admit, I read this

to mean "I **** up, Bye"

But yours is better.

• Like 3

I wonder what he's holding out for... Presumably as he has turned down £40m for 51%, it's either £80+ for everything or £40m for 49% and keeping control. Getting back what he paid would save face I guess. 

If there are serious talks, there's no way Jack would be cashed in on at this point. Wait and see... 

• Like 1

Â