Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

52 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

If it was then I’ve missed it. When was Veretout listed on companies house. A load of sources said he was the other day, but that was all relating to Sanchez’s loan to Fiorentina in 2016.

I'll dig out the document. It was listed and then removed. I'll check again, the documents are out there though and legit. 

I say ‘if we dare to call it that’ because it sounds like it’s being played down, if it is called a cash flow crisis. NOT because I’m saying the situation is better than a cash flow crisis.

Bud ;)

Fair one, I didn't say 'Bud' with any other intent, you clearly took it that way. I use the word bud a lot. Meant no offence. That's the problem with just the written word.....bud ?

4 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Fair one, I didn't say 'Bud' with any other intent, you clearly took it that way. I use the word bud a lot. Meant no offence. That's the problem with just the written word.....bud ?

I wasn't actually taking the word bud as a bad thing, I just wanted to say it back to you, in cheeky fashion. :thumb: :D

6 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Yeah, OK pal!

• Haha 1

The debate that you’re asking about, is simply me replying to someone’s claims that Xia has sold all advances of future income and that we now have none, and just outgoings.

Woukd you rather these things are just assumed by people? Have I done something wrong by bringing up, what I see to be, a reasonable counter view to the particular claim?

He's borrowed against the parachute payment, three transfers, ground at BMH and the training ground itself (last one I don't know to be fact, but I'll check) So I think those are the biggies and indicative of problems. Has he spent the ST cash, who knows? He can spend some of it, but is restricted to 50% I think. So yes we will still have things like ST sales, kit income?? (not yet) Sponsorship deals? All small fry in relation to the parachute cash and future transfer income, so no, not ALL, but a lot of important shizz has been borrowed against. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

He's borrowed against the parachute payment, three transfers, ground at BMH and the training ground itself (last one I don't know to be fact, but I'll check) So I think those are the biggies and indicative of problems. Has he spent the ST cash, who knows? He can spend some of it, but is restricted to 50% I think. So yes we will still have things like ST sales, kit income?? (not yet) Sponsorship deals? All small fry in relation to the parachute cash and future transfer income, so no, not ALL, but a lot of important shizz has been borrowed against. 

I might be wrong, but I believe that one of the biggest earners will be transfer and loan fees, and all we know for certain is the Amavi sale money and Carlos Sanchez 2016 loan fee has been cashed in. You also state the Veretout money, but I'm skeptical until I see that proof, just because I saw lots of people incorrectly thinking that the Sanchez money (from Fiorentina) was for Veretout because he went to Fiorentina, but the documentation from a few days ago was all relating to Carlos Sanchez. There was also a paper rumour a month ago that we had contacted Burnley for money due for Ashley Westwood. Other than those names mentioned above, I haven't seen other reports to lead me to believe that we've cashed in on the other 20+ transfer/ loan fees from the same time period. As pointed out a few pages back, lack of evidence doesn't prove that we haven't privately contacted other clubs to ask for a settlement of fees, but based on what we know for certain on cashed in player fees, I believe will still have a large amount of funds due to us that would be considered much more than 'small fry'.

As always. 'My opinion'. I'm not trying to start arguments with anyone. I feel the need to add this caveat now, as people seem to feel the need to jump on any posts that aren't vehemently criticising the owner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I might be wrong, but I believe that one of the biggest earners will be transfer and loan fees, and all we know for certain is the Amavi sale money and Carlos Sanchez 2016 loan fee has been cashed in. You also state the Veretout money, but I'm skeptical until I see that proof, just because I saw lots of people incorrectly thinking that the Sanchez money (from Fiorentina) was for Veretout because he went to Fiorentina, but the documentation from a few days ago was all relating to Carlos Sanchez. There was also a paper rumour a month ago that we had contacted Burnley for money due for Ashley Westwood. Other than those names mentioned above, I haven't seen other reports to lead me to believe that we've cashed in on the other 20+ transfer/ loan fees from the same time period. As pointed out a few pages back, lack of evidence doesn't prove that we haven't privately contacted other clubs to ask for a settlement of fees, but based on what we know for certain on cashed in player fees, I believe will still have a large amount of funds due to us that would be considered much more than 'small fry'.

As always. 'My opinion'. I'm not trying to start arguments with anyone. I feel the need to add this caveat now, as people seem to feel the need to jump on any posts that aren't vehemently criticising the owner.

First off you're absolutely entitled to your opinion and keep on giving it, I appreciate it. It's good to question things. I've been all over the Xia situation from the day he was announced and they immediately had to change the wording on the press release about listed companies due to a 'communication error' that and Chris Samuelson's involvement (I'll let you google him) So I haven't just tuned into all this, I've been keeping a close on on him. I don't believe there are 20 other transfer fee and loans are there? (for balance and as you've said, this sometimes does happen in football as part of debt management) The fact that it's happening to start with alongside loaning against the parachute payments, the missed tax bill so on so forth, is the worrying part. We have severe cash flow issues that without fresh cash or a loan that isn't repayable by Villa (from the parent company....which won't happen) we will end up in administration as we run out of things to sell or borrow against. 

The filing yesterday is encouraging as it shows measures are being taken. We can all speculate on the level of severity of our problems, I feel it's hard for anyone to argue we don't have any or things are easily fixed (I'm not saying this is your position, however it does come across as though you think this is more a blip than a big bloody mess)

Either way it's all about opinions and thank god we are allowed them.

My opinion as I've stated is we are in NDA period and DD has begun and we won't hear much if anything until that has progressed a little further. Maybe a holding statement saying Xia is in talks to sell. Until then let's debate and speculate away and respect each others views......but I'm right ??

TheEgo, in your opinion, just how bad is the situation currently? Are we certs for administration next summer or could it come sooner than that? Do we have to sell to get through this next season? If Xia stays and fails to raise funds, is there chance we go under? 

18 minutes ago, villarocker said:

TheEgo, in your opinion, just how bad is the situation currently? Are we certs for administration next summer or could it come sooner than that? Do we have to sell to get through this next season? If Xia stays and fails to raise funds, is there chance we go under? 

From what I've seen as FACT and what I've heard which can't be verified as fact, we need a sale or 'fresh' money. without it, we will at some point this season go into Administration. Given what we've seen and what I know, We'd be better off long term going into admin rather than Xia sticking around and trying to plug holes and borrowing more and more. I don't think it gets to that stage though. I've been adamant (Can't verify this to you guys either) that we would be sold, either outright or via initial investment with a preemptive view of a full takeover as that could be achieved quicker and enable someone to see things really close up. I know think (from what I have been told, yeah yeah and all that) that we are in a Due Dilligence stage and NDA's signed. I don't know the timeline or any other information. 

But yes IMO if we aren't sold or invested in with new money we will end up in Administration, things are bad, we are living day to day and that isn't sustainable. Worst case is a money grab. Sell the valuable players, get some quick cash and flip it. I don't know the legalities behind that though  and it would clearly affect the sale price. 

• Like 2

If we are calling in £750k due to us in January, I think it's quite obvious we have called in every penny we can get already....whether it's in the public domain or not!

I mean, how desperate must we be to collect £1m last week when we were due it next week anyway....and then call in a poultry £750k due in January 2019? Not forgetting both of these fees will incorporate some sort of charge presumable, so we probably won't even collect the full £1.75m.......We seriously do not have a pot to piss in at the moment.

I find it staggering that people are still in denial over the position the club are clearly in! 

• Like 3

Well, if it's true he's turned down £40m for us, that would make the whole club worth a Grealish. Is there some way we can just give the club to Grealish for staying?

Really though, if he's turning down bids and he's struggling to find £4-6m a month to drop in the black hole that is AVFC financially I don't get it, either there's a bigger offer on it's way or he's mental surely? Tunr down £40m now and in two months he'll have lost another £8-12m, what would be the point in doing that?

It's all a bit sad and confusing this mess. 

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well, if it's true he's turned down £40m for us, that would make the whole club worth a Grealish. Is there some way we can just give the club to Grealish for staying?

Really though, if he's turning down bids and he's struggling to find £4-6m a month to drop in the black hole that is AVFC financially I don't get it, either there's a bigger offer on it's way or he's mental surely? Tunr down £40m now and in two months he'll have lost another £8-12m, what would be the point in doing that?

It's all a bit sad and confusing this mess. 

'HE' isn't losing though is he....it's the club that is losing out. Future revenues, property, players etc....Xia is gonna hold on to get his money back from his initial purchase plus anything he has put in since (not much I wouldn't of thought). My worry is he turns to another shadowy chinese consortium like TTA up the road!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Literally makes no sense.

ALL this is designed to do, is make it look like he knows what he is doing AND trying to keep his price high. He's been defiant and this will be for the Chinese eyes that will be judging. Ignore, we are as we were. Pretty f**ked until sold.

• Like 2

Â