Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

As I've said all along. Alarm bells are ringing, and I'm sure others like me that are reserving full judgement ( @JAMAICAN-VILLAN / @Jareth perhaps?) would agree with that statement. But as we've been banging on about for weeks, we don't know the full picture. We don't know what has caused this current 'cash-flow' problem, if we can dare to call it that.

Even if we'd been promoted, we would not have received any immediate money in time for the tax bill, so what caused that? Dr Tony maybe choosing to not put more of his own money in? Maybe a major f**k up by the senior managers who thought money would be available? Maybe something else we won't hear about until the next Mail Exclusive. Who knows. There are still big question marks over this whole saga, for me.

Completely agree mate - facts first, reaction after. Looking forward to knowing more about this whole thing but hopefully later with the club in a strong position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Wonder whether this is a similar reaction to the share news we had yesterday morning? 

Possibly. Then again, Birmingham Mail do seem to be occasionally leaked little snippets of info. It'd be surprising if they'd been given the info before/instead of the other reliable journos that we normally hear from though. 

Not counting chickens yet, but sorry @WaccoeOnline - it's been educational, but I've never felt this situation was like Leeds but didn't want to be rude as clearly it's taken a toll on you and your mates. Hopefully you'll be back on here taunting us as Bielsa storms the league and puts the bad times firmly in the past.

25 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

@hippo There will be documentation on Companies House when the the club's Limited form has a charge registered against it. I don't think it can be done any other way. Unless people are suspecting that Tony could be selling off assets in illegal ways. Which I highly doubt Tony would be stupid enough to do (Yes, yes, ha ha, 'Tony is that stupid' etc etc. Yawn. But in seriousness, this kind of back-door dealing would be caught by the authorities in no time and Tony would be in a lot more trouble than he currently is, so that's why I highly doubt it).

Just to add to the discussion, if it's interesting to others. I have found that Southampton and Hull have both had dealings with Macquarie Bank. Southampton appear to have a charge registered in 2017 where, I believe, they actually owe Macquarie a large portion of their Premier League earnings for the next few seasons. Regarding Hull, there was an interview with their owner where he was asked if they had taken out a loan from Macquarie Bank against the training ground, and he said no, but that they'd 'borrowed money that was due to us from other clubs'.

It's not great, and as I said before, it's not a good sign for our finances, but, to me, it also doesn't seem to be the end of the world that many are predicting. Should other documents appear in the coming weeks and months showing that we've cashed in on many more of those TWENTY TWO other loan and transfer fees that we presumably have owed to us, then I will start to join the rest of you in the 'Tony is a fraud' camp. But until then, it seems to me that we've cashed two accessible pieces of income while Tony seeks investment via other sources that does not effect future income. That seems like the smart thing to do, in our situation, which is the least he can do, considering that he is part at fault for us being in this situation.

I don't fully understand the companies thing - and why there are involved in that. 

IMO Xia doesn't really have the money to have purchased Aston Villa in the first place. Recon seems a tangled web, consistent with Xia grabbing big headlines - then not coming through.  You are quite right to say that it doesn't prove anything. I guess its down to degree's are we racking up massive and unsustainable debts again IMO Yes .....where does that leave our future ? again all opinions , but mine is that we aren't going to be on an upward trajectory anytime soon.

26 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

TONY XIA IN TALKS TO SELL CLUB

MAIL EXCLUSIVE!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/exclusive-tony-xia-talks-sell-14833584 

"Aston Villa’s precarious future could soon be resolved as Tony Xia discusses takeover bids with two interested parties.

BirminghamLive understands that Xia rejected a 51 per-cent offer from a European bidder yesterday.

A financial package that would have met Xia’s requirements of up to £40million of investment was put forward - but he knocked it back.

Negotiations with two other serious bidders are now planned as the Chinese owner tries to find a way out of the current mess."

We are selling Grealish and this is the 'Sugar' to help the medicine go down. 

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

We are selling Grealish and this is the 'Sugar' to help the medicine go down. 

I would have thought any party interested would want to keep Grealish.

So you literally think they have based a takeover on "sugar" of selling Grealish?

"We are selling Grealish, so tell you what just buy the club for 10's of millions as sugar coating."

Even if the case is they were not bothered about keeping Grealish I doubt the top priority on their minds is "sugaring up" fans in such a significant transaction.

People would feel however they want to about it no matter what happened.

I think the uncertainty and "encouragement" has probably finally caught up with Jack.

Only way it might change is if there is a new owner which can convince him otherwise?

EDIT: Could also be a shite new owner already.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would have thought any party interested would want to keep Grealish.

So you literally think they have based a takeover on "sugar" of selling Grealish?

"We are selling Grealish, so tell you what just buy the club for 10's of millions as sugar coating."

Even if the case is they were not bothered about keeping Grealish I doubt the top priority on their minds is "sugaring up" fans in such a significant transaction.

People would feel however they want to about it no matter what happened.

No - what I meant was - no takeover is imminent - but put it out there to ease the pain of selling Grealish. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Don't be so gullible JV. The new owner is automatically a fraud, because who would buy a football club with as much debt as we have :rolleyes:

Wait, you complained about these types of posts a few days ago. Now they are ok?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Completely agree mate - facts first, reaction after. Looking forward to knowing more about this whole thing but hopefully later with the club in a strong position.

Brilliant. 

You chose to downplay or ignore facts and then attacked people who asked questions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Brilliant. 

You chose to downplay or ignore facts and then attacked people who asked questions. 

Sometimes all you need is a nice hug and everything feels better - sending big-sweaty-pseudo-erotic-man-hug over the internet to you now!

So who is Yanfang Gu - the "executive president" of Shanghai SmartTech Group? and new(ish) director of your club?  Her declared remuneration seems quite low for such an exalted title.  About £35k a year...  https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/officer-profile/002178ta.SZ/1058649

And what does she know about running football clubs?  

I can exclusively reveal the preferred buyer is a super consortium consisting of Larry Ellison, Peter Freund, Julie Baily and Enda Stevens. Talks have been taking place in room 26 at the Belfry. Jermaine Defoe says hi.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I can exclusively reveal the preferred buyer is a super consortium consisting of Larry Ellison, Peter Freund, Julie Baily and Enda Stevens. Talks have been taking place in room 26 at the Belfry. Jermaine Defoe says hi.

Jeff Bezos has now entered the race.

14 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Yay! Enda is back ?

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

@hippo There will be documentation on Companies House when the the club's Limited form has a charge registered against it. I don't think it can be done any other way. Unless people are suspecting that Tony could be selling off assets in illegal ways.

That's only if there's a charge against the company, though, isn't it? So it is, for instance, when the company takes out a loan secured against a specific asset. If the company asks for payment to be brought forward (so the club owing pays in advance of when they are supposed to - I presume at a discount) and that happens then I don't see that any documents pertaiing to that would be relevant to Companies House.

Â