Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, blandy said:

This. The situation is close to extremely desperate. The short term measures that have been taken kick a bigger problem down the road slightly, but that problem is ultimately even worse and will wreck the club for a long time. This isn't speculation, this is maths + facts.

Spot on and as fans, I don't know what we can do?! The Trust have been met with a brick wall of silence, maybe they keep knocking at the door? Many fans simply don't see the very real danger we are in. A mass protest would bring things into focus for Xia, however we all know how hard they are to arrange. What a bloody mess we are. I hope to god, what I said about DD and NDA's are right. He is now showing stubbornness to cling on and destroy us further. I hope it's saving face and 'optics' as I put above. Plus trying to keep the sale price high. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Spot on and as fans, I don't know what we can do?! The Trust have been met with a brick wall of silence, maybe they keep knocking at the door? Many fans simply don't see the very real danger we are in. A mass protest would bring things into focus for Xia, however we all know how hard they are to arrange. What a bloody mess we are. I hope to god, what I said about DD and NDA's are right. He is now showing stubbornness to cling on and destroy us further. I hope it's saving face and 'optics' as I put above. Plus trying to keep the sale price high. 

Fully appreciate all the information that you and others are giving us mate.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I'm of the opinion that we need a new owner who has a beard and some money.

Not just stubble , nor a Jedi special, just a full non patchy beard.

This will meet my requirements.

Ken Bates ?

Edited by WaccoeOnline
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

And I thought things were bad under Lerner...?

Lerner was 10 times the owner this chancer appears to be. Yes he lost interest and that indirectly led us to this, he always paid his bills with HIS money. 

29 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

As fans we're limited in what we could do. Protesting is pointless, given he's in China, and given that he's not unaware of the mess. He knows what needs to be done and has taken enabling steps to allow it to happen. He has been utterly reckless, but (and this isn't to excuse that) but..the "solution" to the cashflow problem is shares => cash. It appears that's been facilitated. The source of that cash needs to not be dodgy loans, but shareholder investment, ideally by a responsible, competent owner(s), not a faker or charlatan.

The solution to the underlying income < expenditure is sustainable cost cutting + increasing income

The solution to FFP is also sustainable cost cutting + increasing income, plus, unfortunately, player sales.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Lerner was 10 times the owner this chancer appears to be. Yes he lost interest and that indirectly led us to this, he always paid his bills with HIS money. 

"Lost interest".

Might have something to do with losing his wife and half his fortune?

And towards the end of his reign I bet some of you were saying Doug was 10 times better? Lol

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might have something to do with losing his wife and half his fortune?

Whatever the ownership structure of Tony's companies, Randy as it turned out through the institute of marriage was 50% owned by his wife. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

Just to add to the mess and confusion

By now I am quite the expert at reading in between the lines of a Xia tweet, so prepare to be amazed.  He didn't read any news, is another way to say he hasn't seen any news, which is clearly bollox, he can't have missed the speculation around the club.  Who else always claims to have not seen things that are inconvenient to them?  Wenger.  It is therefore clear that he has lined up Wenger as our manager and Bruce is on his way out, the arrow of logic is undeniable. Also with the knowledge that an American is a prospective buyer of the club and Xia used his first sentence to basically say that he was on a break it can only mean one thing.  Matt Leblanc was in Friends where the line "we were on a break" became somewhat of a catchphrase (granted not for Matt), he is also an American and spent much of his working career as a supporting actor (best to support).  So it is obvious that Matt Leblanc is buying the club (possibly as a consortium with the entire Friends cast) and they will be bringing in Wenger to manage.  On top of that, "keep stronger" is clearly a code as it certainly isn't English.  Stronger is a song by Kanye West in which he references both louis vuitton and christian Dior who are fashion selling people/businesses.  They both make items that I think it is fair to say are at the higher end of the market, or as some might say they make high end gear, or maybe even top gear........

So stop complaining that the tweet is an empty shell of nothingness.  It isn't as useful as a fistful of broken glass to a man with a dirty bottom, it isn't an utterly vacuous statement that does nothing to dispel our worries, it certainly cannot be accused of adding nothing but frustration to an already maddening situation and how dare anyone say that he should just stfu until he has something of value to add.  It's all here clear as day if you can be bothered to look for it.

Edited by Straggler
spelling as always
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Literally makes no sense.

He's saying hes looked back and there were mistakes as well as the right things done. He hasn't seen anything in the news that was more than rumour. He says he's trying to keep supporting the club (financially I guess).

Nothing there to suggest he's actually got the money required, is looking to sell or what. Only thing you could say is he realises mistakes were made, which is nice, but absolutely **** useless at them moment until we have some sort of security.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

'HE' isn't losing though is he....it's the club that is losing out. Future revenues, property, players etc....Xia is gonna hold on to get his money back from his initial purchase plus anything he has put in since (not much I wouldn't of thought). My worry is he turns to another shadowy chinese consortium like TTA up the road!

Because it's loans in China filling the gaps leveraged on the club? Do we know that for certain?

Â