Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was under the impression he wanted to leave? 

There's a difference between 'wanting to leave' (which is a mental state - maybe he did, maybe he didn't) and 'requesting a transfer' (which is an act, and which has particular legal/contractual repercussions). (AIUI)

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's a difference between 'wanting to leave' (which is a mental state - maybe he did, maybe he didn't) and 'requesting a transfer' (which is an act, and which has particular legal/contractual repercussions). (AIUI)

Ok. 

If we're discussing contact law that's another matter. Not really one I'm learned enough to comment on. 

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ok. 

If we're discussing contact law that's another matter. Not really one I'm learned enough to comment on. 

But do you know anything about bird law?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Richard hit the nail on the head, I basically find it hilarious that even people who were going nuts at Xia for almost anything he tweeted (Me never being one of them) all of a sudden have a convenient shift in attitude. Lol

As I have said, no one knows the facts, players in these situations turn down moves all the time.

Schweinsteiger is in the same situation. Word removed?

A. Doesn't want to play for another club.

B. Doesn't want to play for Reading.

C. Wants to try against all odds to get another chance to play at his boyhood club. ( whether it might seem deluded to fans whi hate him and know nothing of the inside situation or not)

D. That failing, has a family and financial future to think about, may as well get as much money as he can get. Not unheard of in the industry, or in any other.

No sod all that, he is a thick, lazy word removed with no brains, oh and is OBESE. Lol

Some of the tripe people come out with when they just don't like someone. Lol

Well I'll say it again - I have absolutely no interest in him as a person- I genuinely do not give a flying fig and will never ever be abusive towards him, I don't believe in this. My stand point is simply based upon him not being good enough to play for Aston Villa Fc in my humble opinion 

• Like 2

Right all, I think I have sussed out what's going on between Dr Xia and Agbonlahor. It's a complete misunderstanding and something that got lost in translation, as follows:

Dr Xia: "Gabby, you want go Reading?" 

Gabby: just stands there shaking his head and says "no". 

Dr Xia: "come on Gabby, you must go Reading, it's good for you". 

Gabby: "I don't want to go reading" 

Dr Xia: "but Gabby don't you want prove you a man?" 

Gabby takes offence and storms out and all because he thinks Dr Xia wants to send him to reading classes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Right all, I think I have sussed out what's going on between Dr Xia and Agbonlahor. It's a complete misunderstanding and something that got lost in translation, as follows:

Dr Xia: "Gabby, you want go Reading?" 

Gabby: just stands there shaking his head and says "no". 

Dr Xia: "come on Gabby, you must go Reading, it's good for you". 

Gabby: "I don't want to go reading" 

Dr Xia: "but Gabby don't you want prove you a man?" 

Gabby takes offence and storms out and all because he thinks Dr Xia wants to send him to reading classes. 

Gabby comes back will all 25 of his children and shows Dr Tone he is a real man

he's sent the players my all time favourite speech from any movie. 

The guy is an absolute G 

Edited by wazzap24
Can't get Twitter post to inbed. 'Cos stoopid.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Manager and coaching team's job not his

What the Video link? 

Really? 

Just a bit of fun motivation in my eyes? 

And it's a **** brilliant scene - if you ain't up for a **** or a fight after watching it, there's something wrong! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Possibly. If it's a one off, from a new Owner, it's fine IMO. Regular repeats etc. would be overstepping the mark.

I think a few things have happ need in similar vein to suggest it's a character trait .

comment on Ayew, comment on gabby, comment on some of the poor results in a we will have a big talk type way. For me it is a bit too regular 

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

What the Video link? 

Really? 

Just a bit of fun motivation in my eyes? 

And it's a **** brilliant scene - if you ain't up for a **** or a fight after watching it, there's something wrong! 

Yep up for fighting the script writer as it's corny ! 

Really enjoyed watching the Any Given Sunday clip and there are plenty of chairmen who get involved with players, so I think 'yeah I like it.' Just because RDM isn't on twitter telling us stuff doesn't mean he's not doing anything—same for Clarke and the rest of the coaches. 

we all obviously have our own opinions, which is fine and normal, but surely you've got to allow yourself even a bit of hope. We just spent a **** load of money—there is reason to be positive and patient. 

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Yep up for fighting the script writer as it's corny ! 

Bah!

I've agreed and disagreed with a lot of your posts/points over the past 12 years, but now you are just been a silly sausage :P

Â