Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Here we go

By saying some players don't even deserve a chance he could be referring to Gabby and Lescott who have been frozen out.  Hopefully tho he means that some of the tripe that played tonight are gonna be frozen out. 

• Like 2

His tweet was replying to this:

@StanCollymore @Dr_TonyXia tonight is the night we have2celebrate...the last time we'll c that utter garbage again #getrid #bestrong #avfc

• Like 3

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

Would've been quicker, cheaper, and easier, to watch any 6 of last seasons games, rather than suggest that to judge on the last year would be " unfair" as RDM did.

Pretty major failing by all concerned to be still checking whether pretty much the worst team we, or the Premier League, have ever had, might somehow he any good.

Appalling.

Is it though? Regardless of how much money the Dr has, he isn't going to have enough to solve all our problems in one window. So instead of publicly slating the players for last yr, RDM has given them a fresh crack to see what he can use out of them for the NOW.

We can't get rid of everyone. They also aren't Villa fans, they didn't watch any of last season. They aren't going to sit around watching DVDs of last season, when they can watch them up close and personal, and after they have issued there instructions. That way they can see if there is any player that is salvageable, which in turn would save money for the areas that really need fixing.

We all new how broken the place was last season, really broken. To expect immediate results so soon, when our transfer business isn't finished, a new ethos is to be implemented is just unrealistic.

It hurts, its crap....but the reality is, this is going to take a while to fix. Regardless of who it is.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would he be talking about Gabby and Lescott who are not even a part of the squad. Lol. He is obviously referring to some of the dross on the pitch tonight, and rightly so.

Because his tweet is effectively saying that the game was used to check on players progress and that some players were not even worth it. As gabby and lescott have not been picked for either game it is safe to assume he could mean them. It is a reasonable explanation of what he is saying but, as with most of his tweets,they can be taken any way the reader wants which is another reason he needs to stop tweeting like this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grumpy_Lion said:

it's certainly interesting reading his tweets, he seems honest and open with us at the very least. 

When I read his latest tweet I did think it meant some players out there tonight weren't worth the chance but reading other posts perhaps he meant players that were left out. For me I think a number of players out there were playing for a chance to feature this season and a few really let us down yet again, so i'm hoping he means players tonight don't deserve another chance if i'm honest. 

Nice to see some passion from the chairman.  

Whichever way you read it some of those players who played last night were an ambarassment in their "checking" game so will now be out I think.  This was their second chance and they failed spectacularly. 

Checking game? Is he for real?

That is what pre season is for not a competitive game that we badly needed a win in to boost confidence.

It was plain to see last year most of the players out there last night couldn't give a shit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Is it though? Regardless of how much money the Dr has, he isn't going to have enough to solve all our problems in one window. So instead of publicly slating the players for last yr, RDM has given them a fresh crack to see what he can use out of them for the NOW.

We can't get rid of everyone. They also aren't Villa fans, they didn't watch any of last season. They aren't going to sit around watching DVDs of last season, when they can watch them up close and personal, and after they have issued there instructions. That way they can see if there is any player that is salvageable, which in turn would save money for the areas that really need fixing.

We all new how broken the place was last season, really broken. To expect immediate results so soon, when our transfer business isn't finished, a new ethos is to be implemented is just unrealistic.

It hurts, its crap....but the reality is, this is going to take a while to fix. Regardless of who it is.

Totally agree. I just hope that we don't have to fall tooooo much lower before we start climbing again. This pain is getting boring and I want to enjoy my football, but at the moment I can't. Frustratingly, there were periods in that game, during the first half mostly and during the second half against Wednesday, where we showed we do have some decent players who are capable of playing some decent football, but we also have no luck at the moment because we can't buy a win - two Luton defenders hitting their own bar - two penalties not given against Wednesday. I'm not saying we weren't shite overall because we were, but the one irrefutable truth about the beautiful game is that confidence is the key to everything and confidence comes from a sense of feeling safe to take risks because to do so does not carry heavy penalties. We lack confidence not only as a team, but also as a club at the moment because 4 years ago we caught a nasty disease and never went to the doctors. Last year, burying our head in the sand almost killed us. We were certainly very sick and let's face it, we still are in intensive care, but after finally going to hospital Dr Tony has the medicine and the best back up team available, so we just have to hold tight and believe we can beat this cancer. I am certain we will. Aston Villa can not die. WILL NOT DIE... 

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 1

Personally I think we will be in the market for a new manager by the end of the year. He might want to cut back on tweets on issues which are clearly issues for the manager. A chairman interfering in playing matters might put put some candidates off.

off the pitch is improving. The playing side is shit and for sure it won't be fixed over night but it also won't be fixed by sticking with the same shit players that put us in the shit in the first place .

• Like 2

Â