Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I know some will say that is not possible, but personally speaking, I LOVE that he has huge unbounded ambitions for Villa. I think that comes from being outside the game and the "Sky sports" "Big 4" world we all inhabit and are constrained by.  Doesn't matter at all if we fall short, as we undoubtedly will, we will be in a hell of a better place than we are now if we strive to get there e.g. get promoted, grow the fan base massively in China and India etc.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

I know some will say that is not possible, but personally speaking, I LOVE that he has huge unbounded ambitions for Villa. I think that comes from being outside the game and the sky world we all inhabit.  Doesn't matter at all if we fall short, we will be in a hell of a better place than we are now. Clearly the highest number of fans all over the world will be about growing the fan base massively in China and India. 

Yeah, the weird thing is that he isn't just saying it.  He is already doing things to try and make it a reality.  I agree that stating that in 5 years that he wants us to be the top club in Europe with Man U spending more on one player this summer than our entire club is worth is a big ask, but if you aim for the stars you can miss and still end up with the moon.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I know some will say that is not possible, but personally speaking, I LOVE that he has huge unbounded ambitions for Villa. I think that comes from being outside the game and the "Sky sports" "Big 4" world we all inhabit and are constrained by.  Doesn't matter at all if we fall short, as we undoubtedly will, we will be in a hell of a better place than we are now if we strive to get there e.g. get promoted, grow the fan base massively in China and India etc.

You know like how the term "Just a rich mans play thing" usually has a negative connotation? In this case I think it's the opposite, pretty much like Tony is obsessed with the game and won't stop until he wins, or goes bust! Chinese geek style!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

Why would a 'billionaire' be wearing part of a courier's uniform? :detect:

Maybe it's a hint as to what business he's buying next - perfect for shipping the shit out of our club as far away as possible.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3144154/Michel-Platini-launches-tougher-Financial-Fair-Play-rules-UEFA-President-hopes-attract-investment-European-clubs.html

UEFA on Monday agreed to relax some of its Financial Fair Play rules, allowing clubs a period of accelerated spending on players if they present an affordable business model and show they are not 'gambling on success.'

The loosening of the rules comes after UEFA found that collective losses by clubs decreased by 70 per cent over the last three years, pointing to how European football grew despite the tough economic climate on the continent. 

Very interesting

• Like 1

Â