England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Just now, bradarmstrong_ said:

Zzz.

Be nice if the manager could treat it like a tournament then wouldn't it? Resting our best players in a key game to win the group.  Hodgson is a joke. 

It's a calculated risk. 3 games in a week is hard work. Finishing second isn't ideal, but we had the players out there to win the game. If we have a bit of freshness in the next round, it might not be such a bad thing.

We'll see, I'm certainly not going to start shit talking the manager while we're still in the tournament, it's massively counterproductive.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's a calculated risk. 3 games in a week is hard work. Finishing second isn't ideal, but we had the players out there to win the game. If we have a bit of freshness in the next round, it might not be such a bad thing.

We'll see, I'm certainly not going to start shit talking the manager while we're still in the tournament, it's massively counterproductive.

I'm sure Woy will not take your comments to heart.

Said it all tournament but in the final third we are so poor. Decision making and final ball are shocking. We get 40 yards from goal and try to dink it over the top of the defense.. Did exactly the same to Russia and Wales. Also why are we so reluctant against attacking down the left. No one wanted to pass to Bertrand in the attacking third.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I'll support the team during the match, at full time I'll say what I think thanks. Stop with the conversation police act.

What you think is stupid.

You want to sack the manager because we got held to a 0-0 draw against a team that played 10 men behind the ball all night? Whatever you say, mate.

Thing is, it's not just the possibility of finding Portugal in the next round, you then end up coming against much better teams in the Quarter Finals then if we'd won the group,

We've won what, one group since 96?  It's more frustrating more than anything, especially given the lack of actual chances we created during that match.

Edit - 2 groups - 2006 & 2012 (and 2012 didn't exactly do us any favours)

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

Like watching villa in lamberts last season, all passing with no movement, then create a chance through a long ball and then going back to passing with no movement

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

What you think is stupid.

You want to sack the manager because we got held to a 0-0 draw against a team that played 10 men behind the ball all night? Whatever you say, mate.

Oh bore off chap. 

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Bilic absolutely correct.

spot on...told it as it is....''front men were not good enough'' didnt create enough chances ''dont say you had all the possession against a team that didnt want the ball''

they could still be playing now and it would still be 0-0. Best performance of the night was the fans.

England played well, but the passing the final third was often sloppy and final balls were very poor. I think it was in the back of the players minds that they'd already virtually qualified.

6 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Could you give a brief recap of it, ITV2 wales decided to cut to some awful "reality" tv instead. 

essentially - "Why are you getting carried away by having all the possession and getting half chances against a team who didn't want the ball"

Edited by a m ole

Roy can not be defended anymore im sick of him now, way out his depth. utter shambles tonight there was no need at all to make that many changes.  what on gods earth has wilshire done all season to start hes played 5 mins for arsenal for god sakes. he has plan A and once that doesnt work is done for. we should be able to break a slovakia team down even with there 10 men behind the ball. pathetic

Edited by Uncle Albert

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Frustrating. 

I think this England team has a lot of potential. I hope we draw Portugal, I'd like to see them against a team who come to win the game. 

Agreed, we stand a good chance against Portugal IMO, and I'm a little glad we might have a chance to get revenge for them knocking us out of a couple of tournaments recently.

I hope Slovakia get through and we come up against them later in the tournament (I've not checked the bracket to see how realistic this is, mind you), they won't stand a chance if they actually have to try to win the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

essentially - "Why are you getting carried away by having all the possession getting and half chances against a team who didn't want the ball"

Thank you! :)

And yes, totally agree - couldn't belive Hoddle was insinuating it was some spectacular performance of total football the likes of which we'd never seen.  As it was, it was more akin to a FA cup 3rd round tie against someone looking for a replay.

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

The main thing was to get through the Group and we've done it.

Onwards to the next round and hopefully we'll get a bit more luck and finish a few more of those chances we create.

No point peaking too early;)

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Just now, CardiffGreens said:

Thank you! :)

And yes, totally agree - couldn't belive Hoddle was insinuating it was some spectacular performance of total football the likes of which we'd never seen.  As it was, it was more akin to a FA cup 3rd round tie against someone looking for a replay.

Hoddle is a cock

• Like 1

I don't think we were excellent, but we were far from bad. If it were another nation doing that, there would be minimal criticism and far more praise. 

We truly lack an iniesta. Not someone exactly of his quality because there is only one. But someone similar in terms of that cutting pass. 

The problem is if we get Portugal - they have actually been very tight and defence minded so far, hoping Ronaldo or Nani do something wonderful. They'll try to frustrate us just as Russia, Wales and Slovakia have done.