England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

convinced people just contradict what they want so much....All i heard today (and before the tourny) from people is how we got vardy and should be playing quick direct football, which is just never going happen to against this group...but we might face portugal where pacey more direct football will work more and "were doomed because they will attack a bit". Stop the contradictions public....

Edited by gharperr

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Precisely. Thus leaving some space rather attempting to play through a team with 11 men behind the ball and 8 in the box at all times.

Great. I look forward to playing  an attacking team when even against utter defensive shite our defence has looked an absolute shambles everytime a ball has gone anywhere within 18 yards of goal.

The only thing that cost England today was Roy making so many changes, which meant we lost a bit of momentum. Should beat Portugal though, and I feel, will probably win the whole tournament.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, gharperr said:

convinced people just contradict what they want so much....All i heard today (and before the tourny) from people is how we got vardy and should be playing quick direct football, which is just never going to happen to against this group...but we might face portugal where pacey more direct football will work more and "were doomed because they will attack a bit". Stop the contradictions public....

I just want Heskey back. It was crying out for Heskey.

I think England right now are a lot like the Spain teams back in the 90s. Cruise through qualifying, with loads of potential to be class, but just not quite getting it done when it counts. They did have a lot more internal fighting though...

1 minute ago, gharperr said:

convinced people just contradict what they want so much....All i heard today from people is how we got vardy and should be playing quick direct football, which is just never going to happen to against this group...but we might face portugal where a ton of people are wanting that and "were doomed because they will attack a bit". Stop the contradictions public....

I'm not seeing it as contradictions, rather different opinions from different people. 

Not good enough in the air to score from a cross, not good enough around the box to score from out there, not good enough to play through the defenders and play it into the goal.

Main problems seem to be in the final third.

Just had a look at the probable fixtures going forward.

Wales to play one of the 3rd placed teams in the 2nd round, then Winners of group F / Runners Up Group E in the quarters (Swizterland or probably Spain await in the Semi)

England have runners up of F before possibly facing the 12 men of France.

Brilliant.

Just now, penguin said:

I'm not seeing it as contradictions, rather different opinions from different people. 

nah not what i heard today, Maybe you heard different people...but stuff i heard today was laughable.  (i wasnt really talking about this forum specifically)

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Great. I look forward to playing  an attacking team when even against utter defensive shite our defence has looked an absolute shambles everytime a ball has gone anywhere within 18 yards of goal.

Highly negative hyperbole, this isn't like you. ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They've barely been tested.

We can't have it every way, if somebody wants a slug fest then great. Bring it on. 

1 minute ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Portugal may put them out as Ronaldo would have a field day against England's attacking full-backs but anyone else England should beat comfortably.

Austria, Hungary, Iceland all will put men behind the ball. Will be far from comfortable. 

The more I think about it, the more I think England v Portugal would be a good game. I think we'd lose but it would be entertaining. 

I could see Hungary or Iceland using the same tactics as Slovakia tonight, as West mentions above

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

No chance we'll win what?

The tournament. Not clinical enough against the poor sides what happens when we play Germany or Spain? We won't get many chances against them so we are are screwed when we come up against one of them