England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Most disappointing thing so far has been <tony pulis> our set play delivery </tony pulis> - given our usual lack of ability to break down teams, the short corner routines (with Henderson launching the ball straight of play on the second ball) and free kick delivery has been nothing short of abysmal.

We've played some decent stuff, but the two of the clear chances have been from long balls over the top.  Central midfield inspires absolutely no confidence, and Lallana's lack of clinicality is seriously frustrating given his abilities to get into promising positions.

Edited by CardiffGreens

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

Can't help think that with the amount of joy we are getting out wide and the amount of crosses we put in that Andy Carroll would have been a great option to have.

Thing is that never, ever works.  Instead of getting down the wings we'd hoof the ball at him from the halfway line.  Plus he is a donkey most of the time.  Decent performance so far, just need goals.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Good stuff again. 

My worry for the KO stages is that we've basically spent 3 entire games in the opposition half if this game continues this way. 

We're missing the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham etc who can hit the corner of the goal from the edge of the box. I don't see goals in our Midfield

Wiltshire offers nothing for me 99% of the time his passes end up with the opposition , he struggles to hold on to the ball in 50 50 and his work rate it poor, he's played 480 minutes of football in 12 months and it shows. 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Wiltshire offers nothing for me 99% of the time his passes end up with the opposition , he struggles to hold on to the ball in 50 50 and his work rate it poor, he's played 480 minutes of football in 12 months and it shows. 

Agreed. I'd get him off at HT, but Roy will likely wait until after the hour. 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Is there anybody you rate? ;)

Podolski ;)

Smalling is going to cost England big time in this competition.

He didn't end the season at all well....I'm amazed all the pundits have already forgotten his shocking cup final performance.