Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

9 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Ayew is not a great link up player and can be wasteful and erratic. Agbonlahor is more direct and more of a natural striker who can also play wide and fits in better with the other forwards I chose.

He is the least natural striker I've seen in my life. 

11 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Amavi

Bacuna Gana 

Traore        Gil      Agbonlaor

Kozak

Bunn Westwood Cissokho Ayew Sellars Tshibola Elphick    

That's a cracking team for league 1 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Michael118 said:

This could work too (depending on the quality of Tshibola), but it would mean leaving out Traore which I really don't want to do.

Bacuna Okore Clark Amavi

Sanchez

Gana    Tshibola

Gil

Kozak Agbonlahor

I was feeling good about myself this morning, about life in general and looking forward to the season ahead.

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.

a957778b0a7eb942e63231992bb9255f660bafe3

9 hours ago, Michael118 said:

This could work too (depending on the quality of Tshibola), but it would mean leaving out Traore which I really don't want to do.

Bacuna Okore Clark Amavi

Sanchez

Gana    Tshibola

Gil

Kozak Agbonlahor

3 defensive midfielders. 

THREE.

Kozak and Gabby ahead of Ayew. :lol:

I'm still expecting 3-4 new signings.

The thing people are missing is say we have a poor start or dodgy run of 1 win in 7 or whatever...can you imagine the reaction of VP if likes of Bacuna, Richards and Gabby are still featuring regularly.

We need unity from the stands and pitch and I just don't see how we can achieve that massively relying on last seasons failures and thinking they'll magically be brilliant just because we've dropped down a level.

Much rather we get in players with a clean slate for people to get behind.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Kozak and Gabby ahead of Ayew. :lol:

I'm still expecting 3-4 new signings.

The thing people are missing is say we have a poor start or dodgy run of 1 win in 7 or whatever...can you imagine the reaction of VP if likes of Bacuna, Richards and Gabby are still featuring regularly.

We need unity from the stands and pitch and I just don't see how we can achieve that massively relying on last seasons failures and thinking they'll magically be brilliant just because we've dropped down a level.

Much rather we get in players with a clean slate for people to get behind.

I would hope the fans wont boo them if they play, as long as they put in a performance. Have to move on from last season and get back to where we should be

• Like 1

Fans will certainly get behind the new signings, whoever we'll bring in and also imo likes of Adama, Grealish, Ayew, Gana and Amavi, some of those showed a bit last season and the first two barely played after xmas.

Just don't see it if some of last seasons boo boys are in, VP will be like a volcano ready to go off. We won't be winning every game in this division that's for sure.

9 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Are you Eric Black in disguise?

I stopped watching last season when Eric Black was appointed because I knew he would be a disaster. Looking at the teams he selected I see Veretout, Gestede, Lescott, Clark on the bench, Gil on the bench, Richards at RB, no Traore and Ayew as the main striker. That is nothing like the team I selected.

8 hours ago, JPAngel said:

Good to see that we've spent £21m on substitutes and a goalkeeper that presumably wouldn't actually even make the first team squad :thumb:

We spent 50 million last season on much of the same except we played them and ended up relegated.  :thumb:

Edited by Michael118

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

I think outside the box. It would be nice if we hired a manager who could do the same. 

we did,  the last three thought outside the box,  well if you look at our goals scored column there wasnt much in the box thinking

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

3 defensive midfielders. 

THREE.

I thought Tshibola was an attacking midfielder. I don’t know why we are signing another DM.

The 2nd team was based on Gana and Tshibola playing more attacking roles. Gana drives forward with the ball well at times and I think he is capable of that.

40 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I think outside the box. It would be nice if we hired a manager who could do the same. 

There's no thinking outside the box there - it's just a team of the same players from last season!

43 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

There's no thinking outside the box there - it's just a team of the same players from last season!

It's completely the opposite of "outside the box" thinking. 

Â