Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

If rumours are true and wolves are set to be taken over by a Jorge mendes X Robin Li (7th richest man in China) consortium  then our chances of automatic promotion may have dramatically decreased. Time will tell if those rumours are true but if so not liking our odds. 

• Like 1

We start with more quality (at Championship level) than Wolves so atm we are still one of the favourites to go up, with everyone a long way behind Newcastle. I'd put us on par with Brighton and Norwich as things stand, which is why I'd like a bit more quality in our ranks to pull ourselves away from the rest.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 13:36, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

We start with more quality (at Championship level) than Wolves so atm we are still one of the favourites to go up, with everyone a long way behind Newcastle. I'd put us on par with Brighton and Norwich as things stand, which is why I'd like a bit more quality in our ranks to pull ourselves away from the rest.

Atleast we're in for an exciting season. 

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Petrov MUST be part of the squad just for the influence alone. I don't think it would be the same if he was a coach.

Totally agree mate and from the looks of it, he's enjoying himself and lifting others around him.  Hope to see him on the villa park pitch again I really do. 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

If rumours are true and wolves are set to be taken over by a Jorge mendes X Robin Li (7th richest man in China) consortium  then our chances of automatic promotion may have dramatically decreased. Time will tell if those rumours are true but if so not liking our odds. 

Sounds like exciting times for Wolves fans.

At the same time they need to be a little weary of how they are going to be used in conjunction with AC Milan, as it looks as if Robin Li is buying both clubs.

John Percy reckons it will complete in around 3 weeks, so won't give Wolves much chance to strengthen their squad this transfer window/before the season starts, we need to make use of our head start as it could be next season onwards they become a force to be reckoned with.

I think one thing we have to remember is that last season when facing the prospect of Newcastle coming to Villa Park I wasn't worried. In fact, I was glad about the potential of having a team we could actual compete against for a change.

This season, Newcastle are deemed to have the strongest team in the whole division. What does that say about the calibre of the rest of the teams? I think we've got a really great chance to make a proper go of it this season, providing RDM gets things right behind the scenes.

• Like 3

Gabby looks in top shape. Hopefully that will give him the edge to be a bit sharper, and if he can beat majority to the players in a short sprint, he might do well. All he needs is to get that instinct back.

I was one of the biggest opponents of his attitude, play and behaviour, but I will be singing praise if he gets 15 goals next season.

Oh my god they're smiling, and drinking a beer, and using their hands instead of their feet!

Why aren't they working 100% of the time? How dare they be happy when we were relegated last season?

There should be no fun. Ever.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh my god they're smiling, and drinking a beer, and using their hands instead of their feet!

Why aren't they working 100% of the time? How dare they be happy when we were relegated last season?

There should be no fun. Ever.

Summary of Twitter reaction by any chance?

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The same Sherwood that won one game? And in this game, the midfield was Westwood, Veretout and Gueye. We lost every other game (apart from a shit draw with Sunderland)

Next few games btw:

Man U - Bacuna played RB
Palace - Bacuna played RB
Sunderland - Midfield 3 with Sanchez and Gueye - hauled off after 69 mins
Leicester - Played RB
Baggies - Came on 76th min, played in a 3.
Blues - Played RB
Liverpool - Didn't play
Stoke - Didn't play
Chelsea - Didn't play
Swansea - Played in a 2 with with Gueye and we lost 2-1. We had less possession.

SHERWOOD SACKED

You're unravelling fairly sharpish. It's a stretch to say he can play in a two when it happened once and we lost.

The match in question was the Swansea match. 

It was a 1-2 loss but it was a match we didn't deserve to lose.

According to the Daily Mail player ratings Bacuna was our best player and 2nd best player overall behind Andre Ayew who was the matchwinner.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3287673/Aston-Villa-1-2-Swansea-Andre-Ayew-steals-spotlight-away-brother-Jordan-winner-Tim-Sherwood-s-lose-again.html

35 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

The match in question was the Swansea match. 

It was a 1-2 loss but it was a match we didn't deserve to lose.

According to the Daily Mail player ratings Bacuna was our best player and 2nd best player overall behind Andre Ayew who was the matchwinner.

Well I'm convinced!

Bacuna played ok in one game that we lost a year ago.

Â