Season Tickets 2016/17

lmarsha_926

Nope sure we had 20000 last year but still renewal time so let's see where we are after that finishes.  Also now Lerner has gone and if we sign some players people will get excited again.

14k at this stage is fantastic! It's still June and I'd imagine that an awful lot of people are still waiting for action. 

If we can sell 18-20k ST's this year and we manage to win a couple of game early on, we will be looking at 35k every other week again. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

14,000 doesn't sound a lot at all. 

Well Blues average GATE was only 17,000 so I wouldn't be too down about it.  We would easily expect to average double our season ticket sales when you add away fans, that gets us up around 28-30,000, especially if we start well.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

I would say 14000 at this time is a lot. If we had 18000 in total last year after that sh;tfest of a season and relegation I would have thought 14000 was optimistic but if it's what they budgeted for they must be delighted.  If we make a couple of decent signings we might end up with even more season ticket holders than last year which would be remarkable when you think about it. 

I would wonder if a lot of lost sheep who swore never to go back whilst Randy is in charge are now returning to the flock? 

We usually sell around 20k in prem seasons, low 20s certainly. Obviously went up to mid 20s in MON seasons.

Let's remember there are two whole months to go....and atm fans are buying season tickets to watch Bacuna, Gabby, Richards and Lescott.

Hopefully we'll have some decent transfer dealings which will attract more fans.

Most interesting thing for me is what our matchday prices will be.

Say we reach 20k....that still means another 20k to buy on a game to game basis. I can't see us selling even 10k for games v Rotherham and Brentford if most areas of our stands are pitched at £25-35 which is what it was for premier league games. 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:15, The Fun Factory said:

But they have laid off catering staff stewarding etc for next season so if the upper trinity is to be opened then they would have to rehire again.  Even with reduced capacity we could still have last season's average attendance at Villa Park with room to spare, and that was in the Premier League. 

When I was a steward about 10 years ago, they regularly asked for volunteers to steward WBA / Blues games, also Edgbaston for 2020 and England games.

I should imagine we can get staff from these lot as we wont be playing home the same day. Not sure if they could do that with catering staff too..

I actually there is a bit of a novelty value to being in the championship. In a weird way that may sell us more season tickets. I will be honest Im not on board with the whole RDM thing. Whilst there are some decent teams in the championship - the bulk of the teams are at the very best average - I really can't see any worse than us hovering around 7th - 8th and winning a fair few home games.

I had a change of heart and renewed my tickets yesterday.

I renewed on Tuesday - after fair confidence that the takeover was happening. Other commenters in here over the last week have indicated that some ST holders last season were staying away. I know several people who sit around me at VP protested in that very way, but are coming right on back for the season ahead. I think 14k by mid-June is a cracking show of support after such a terrible campaign.

Let's do this!

I think we should have a good idea of how many season ticket holders we are likely to have by next weekend as the 24th is the final day for existing season ticket to secure their existing seat before Relocation Day on 25/6. As I understand it then any unclaimed seats are made available to new applicants. If we can hit 16,000 - 18,000 season ticket sales this year that would be more than decent given what we all endured last season.    

I won't be renewing this year although now we've been taken over and have a new manager I'd like to (the former was a prerequisite given the shit we had to endure last season)!

The wife and I have got a little girl on the way in October and coupled with the multiple midweek games, it just wouldn't be value for money. Intending to go to as many games before my freedom and money is taken away though!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is a fair question. 

I think for me 'decent' refers more to character than to playing ability, and since I can't measure that it will be a hunch. You know, last season, I got over losing every week. Eventually you just get numb to it don't you. But what I couldn't - can't - get used to were the professional embarrassments; Flabby's Holiday Sexcapades, Grealish sleeping on the street, Lescott's pocket tweets, Guzan's flobbing contest and the other myriad humiliations that seemed to pile up daily. 

I'm not a child. I don't need heroes or role models. I don't need players to kiss the badge or promise to never leave. What I need - more than winning games - is a team of professionals I don't feel embarrassed by. 

Fair question and a fair response. 

Â