Season Tickets 2016/17

lmarsha_926

3 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

You are correct just realised , but still well worth taking advantage of

I woudn't go that far !!!

Im hanging on to see who the new manager is. 

I am thinking of renewing but want to move from DE to the Holte. But I'm amazed how many unavailable seats there are - the ground looks 3/4 full and L3 and L4 only have a few single seats dotted around. Are they holding some seats back or something?   Do people think there will be more seats available after the deadline for renewing has passed?  As I write this i am thinking I could just renew now and then change the seats later (if better ones come up).

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

I am thinking of renewing but want to move from DE to the Holte. But I'm amazed how many unavailable seats there are - the ground looks 3/4 full and L3 and L4 only have a few single seats dotted around. Are they holding some seats back or something?   Do people think there will be more seats available after the deadline for renewing has passed?  As I write this i am thinking I could just renew now and then change the seats later (if better ones come up).

A lot of seats will be reserved and released later, let's say if they're currently occupied by a season ticket holder. To be honest, you could buy a seat anywhere and just sit where you want as it will be that empty.

I renewed last week, managed to bag myself one of the cheap seats in Upper Holte :D

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

100%. It'll be because they're holding them for existing season ticket holders. I'd imagine around 40% of season ticket holders won't renew so that will free up a lot of seats after the deadline to renew. 

Was a nightmare trying to renew last week & move to the Holte, even though I was told by phone last week that moving wouldn't be a problem. Relocation day is 23rd of next month. Woman in ticket office then said I could move to the Upper North & then try & move then. It didn't sink in that I am disabled & no way could I go there. No one can relocate to Lower Holte in the value seats until all the people that are being moved from the Trinity & Lower North have made their choices.  Stayed in seat behind goal down Lower North . Woman in ticket office didn't have a clue what she was doing TBH .

I'm tempted to get a (first ever) season ticket for next season, but I know I won't be able to make roughly 40% of home games.  However, since I live in Notts, I'll likely want to go to Forest, Derby, Burton, Rotherham and maybe Sheff Wed away - all of which I assume will get decent away support.

Is it worth getting a season ticket given this?  If so, would it be "best" to get the cheapest one possible or are they in really, really bad seat locations?

£325 is the cheapest I think that is good value but you are on the wings of The Holte, Lower North or next to the away fans in The Upper Witton.

Saturday was such good fun I am seriously tempted to get one if we can continue that atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I'm tempted to get a (first ever) season ticket for next season, but I know I won't be able to make roughly 40% of home games.  However, since I live in Notts, I'll likely want to go to Forest, Derby, Burton, Rotherham and maybe Sheff Wed away - all of which I assume will get decent away support.

Is it worth getting a season ticket given this?  If so, would it be "best" to get the cheapest one possible or are they in really, really bad seat locations?

Get one of the cheap ones. The view from the Upper Holte wings is pretty good anyway (I've sat in K1 for over 10 years now). As I said earlier, you'll be able to sit practically anywhere on most match days next season anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villaninireland said:

Was a nightmare trying to renew last week & move to the Holte, even though I was told by phone last week that moving wouldn't be a problem. Relocation day is 23rd of next month. Woman in ticket office then said I could move to the Upper North & then try & move then. It didn't sink in that I am disabled & no way could I go there. No one can relocate to Lower Holte in the value seats until all the people that are being moved from the Trinity & Lower North have made their choices.  Stayed in seat behind goal down Lower North . Woman in ticket office didn't have a clue what she was doing TBH .

If you're disabled, just to let you know I believe the back rows of the North Stand are being redeveloped to be a disabled area?

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Go for it.

Give your ticket to mates for the games you can't make, or sell it on one of those ticket resale sites (although might not be much of a market for that next season!)

5 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

If you're disabled, just to let you know I believe the back rows of the North Stand are being redeveloped to be a disabled area?

That's for wheel chair users, I hobble about on a walking stick . Want to go up the Lower Holte as I have another friend up there .

I think you'll be surprised at the amount of current season ticket holders who renew. I think we'll have roughly the same amount as this year once all done. That'll be beaten easily if we get bought. 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

I think you'll be surprised at the amount of current season ticket holders who renew. I think we'll have roughly the same amount as this year once all done. That'll be beaten easily if we get bought. 

I think that as well.  At first I was thinking sod it, but slowly get drawn back in. I actually think next year will be more exciting for supporters as we should be competing and winning more games.  Like you say, if we get bought we will sell quite a few.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I think that as well.  At first I was thinking sod it, but slowly get drawn back in. I actually think next year will be more exciting for supporters as we should be competing and winning more games.  Like you say, if we get bought we will sell quite a few.

Actually winning games at home will be a big bonus!!! 

I've said for a while that if we actually do well in the Championship next season (and it is an "if" obviously) then I wouldn't be surprised to see attendances increase next season compared to this.

I split my time mostly between London and the E Mids, so with us being in the championship will hopefully be able to get to a lot more games next season.

If I wasn't to get a season ticket, what's is the deal with away games? Say for Fulham, QPR, Brentford, Derby, Notts etc. Am I likely to be able to get tickets?

7 hours ago, S-Platt said:

£325 is the cheapest I think that is good value but you are on the wings of The Holte, Lower North or next to the away fans in The Upper Witton.

Saturday was such good fun I am seriously tempted to get one if we can continue that atmosphere.

Is actually the upper north not lower. Which is ridiculous as they are better seats and yet cheaper than what is left of the lower north. In spite of everything I am half tempted at that price. You get a free cup game if Villa don't lose 2 away first round cup games as well so I gues £325 for 24 games is good value.If it will be watchable at all next season.

10 hours ago, Villaninireland said:

Classic signs of a re-org and things to come. 

The bean counters scratch off the high earners and leave the trained chimps to run the joint.

Â