The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

15 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Miguel Nadal? Rafa's uncle and played for Barca I think.....

That guy was a legend in that team with Koeman, Guardiola, Laudrup, Stoichov etc but his last role that I can see was coaching with Laudrup in 2010... bit of a leftfield one if so

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

http://anagram-solver.net/ Tennis Spanish friend?partial=true

Lots of Dennis and Andre/Andres there... right track?

:lol:

I dunno who it is.  Jareth said, "does it rhyme with Fortese?"

And I was trying to be funny by adding to the Tennis Spanish Friend (Court - esé (slang for person you're next to/friend))

Now I think I've got people trying to figure out an answer which was a joke.

Apologies if true! :lol: 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mwj said:

That guy was a legend in that team with Koeman, Guardiola, Laudrup, Stoichov etc but his last role that I can see was coaching with Laudrup in 2010... bit of a leftfield one if so

Rafa is retired now isn't he? So Miguel is probably at a loose end and maybe Xia was a fan of Championship Manager 96 or so and is having a look at him now!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

:lol:

I dunno who it is.  Jareth said, "does it rhyme with Fortese?"

And I was trying to be funny by adding to the Tennis Spanish Friend (Court - esé (slang for person you're next to/friend))

Now I think I've got people trying to figure out an answer which was a joke.

Apologies if true! :lol: 

Wow that is tenuous... :)

• Like 2

Not sure where to post it.. but west brom and wolves getting rich Chinese takeovers as well? Haven't looked in to it but richest man in China for WBA and 6th for wolves. How come they didn't come after villa? Geez competition will be fierce in China now. They would both have more pull than Xia. Especially Wanda group

The rumours are that Jack Mu is buying Albion and Robin Li owner of Baidu search engine, Wolves. I don't know if those names are right, but it does seem that something's going on at both clubs, and reports in Spain are suggesting that Wolves are getting Julen Lopetegui to manage them. If those takeovers do go through then that will be Villa, sha, Wolves and Albion who've all had Chinese takeovers this summer.

We might have some competition in our quest to be the most popular team in the Far East.

26 minutes ago, useless said:

The rumours are that Jack Mu is buying Albion and Robin Li owner of Baidu search engine, Wolves. I don't know if those names are right, but it does seem that something's going on at both clubs, and reports in Spain are suggesting that Wolves are getting Julen Lopetegui to manage them. If those takeovers do go through then that will be Villa, sha, Wolves and Albion who've all had Chinese takeovers this summer.

We might have some competition in our quest to be the most popular team in the Far East.

Villa being the bigger club.. would appear to have the least financially powerful owners. Getting out of the championship is tough as it is.. but competing with all these owners with billionaires is almost impossible in the premier league. Yes Leicester managed it but they also have a billionaire owner. I guess it will come down to which club is run better than the others. Reminds me of when we finally got a billionaire before other clubs.. who then all started to get take over and ended up richer than Lerner and he just gave up. Hope that doesnt happen to Xia. 

• Like 1

Nothing's happened yet, it's all just rumours. And know one really knows what Xia/Recon are worth, but the more I hear, especially from Wyness the more I think we'll at least be competitive relative to our immediate goals, in terms of spending.

54 minutes ago, useless said:

Nothing's happened yet, it's all just rumours. And know one really knows what Xia/Recon are worth, but the more I hear, especially from Wyness the more I think we'll at least be competitive relative to our immediate goals, in terms of spending.

Yeah no doubt. Just speculating if they did eventually get taken over by these guys.. its not going to be easy. Chinese buyers targeting the midlands? obviously not from the area.. is there a big chinese population around Birmingham? 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As i said, typical friggin Villa luck. It's seriously like my luck in real life, I wonder if i'm the jinx? :(

If that's true, please support someone else. All the other 23 Ch teams for one season. Then 19 PL teams next season.

:-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

Blues got taken over this summer?  Did I miss something?