The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

I never said everything but the vast majority is 2nd hand news. RDM seems nailed on for today so they probably dispatched the reporter for that reason. I'd love Xia to be done in the next 48 but there's no chance IMO and I will whole heartedly apologise if I'm wrong and I'll worship Sky sports once again as the font of football knowledge. 

I think you're probably right, and Alan Irvine has it wrong, but I will happily clutch at any straws as we desperately need this done so we can start preparing for a championship that starts in 9 weeks. Whatever happens, I wouldn't recommend worshiping Sky sports, they often spout a lot of crap!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually used to think the Daily Mail was one of the more reputable organisations. Not on par with say the Telegraph, but not as scummy as the 
Daily Star etc.:rolleyes:

lol - absolutely not.  "Daily Fail" for a reason!

I tend to group people politically with the associated paper they read.  Needless to say, anyone reading the Fail will likely be voting in a certain direction and isn't someone I want to be "friends" with :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually used to think the Daily Mail was one of the more reputable organisations. Not on par with say the Telegraph, but not as scummy as the 
Daily Star etc.:rolleyes:

I used to think that too until the first time I went overseas on holiday but had reached an age where I wanted to know what was going on in the world / back home so tried reading the mail and the express thinking they would be better than the red tops but not so hard going as the Telegraph or times

That was when I realised they were a load of old tosh and full of political agenda as well.  I think the red tops actually give out more proper news just very abbreviated. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, westholmevillan said:

Hibernian?

Hibs fans were assaulting rangers players and fighting amongst themselves. Our fans were assaulted themselves by the baggies scum above them (who were never discussed or punished!), and were more interested in singing in front of the holte. It was ''peaceful''. no comparison with hibs at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Hibs fans were assaulting rangers players and fighting amongst themselves. Our fans were assaulted themselves by the baggies scum above them (who were never discussed or punished!), and were more interested in singing in front of the holte. It was ''peaceful''. no comparison with hibs at all. 

Agree with everything you say in this post.....but thats completely different to what you said originally!

Just now, westholmevillan said:

Agree with everything you say in this post.....but thats completely different to what you said originally!

It wasnt me originally. I see where they are coming from though, we were what i would class as peaceful and got slaughtered for it. Wasnt it only a week later there was an identical invasion and it was 'the magic of the fa cup'? 

I dont know why it is but the media do have a clear bias against us. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

It wasnt me originally. I see where they are coming from though, we were what i would class as peaceful and got slaughtered for it. Wasnt it only a week later there was an identical invasion and it was 'the magic of the fa cup'? 

I dont know why it is but the media do have a clear bias against us. 

Fully agree mate....the scum media have always hated us.  They now know that we are coming back bigger, better and stronger than ever and they dont like it. They have used every dirty trick in the book to try and discredit our new owner....shame on them!

Edited by westholmevillan
Word missing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

I 4-putted the 11th green yesterday, and I'm still fuming

I have literally no idea what you just said there

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have literally no idea what you just said there

Golf

1 or 2 putts per green is "Par for the course" depending on the length of the Putt.

3 Putts is bad play

4 Putts is "Lerner level" (shite)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I 4-putted the 11th green yesterday, and I'm still fuming

feel your pain brother, although I 4-putted all but the 11th!  Bloody crazy golf!

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2