The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

44 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I heard it's actually a Nigerian Prince that is buying us and will do part fan ownership; just send him £100, your bank and address details, passport and driving licence and your Facebook login.

We should do this because if we don't the Nigeria government will probably just confiscate the money 

• Like 1

The Queen thinks the Chinese are a bit rude. Others think they have an appalling record on human rights. But if they want to buy the villa, well i think theyre a great bunch of lads.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Rui Kang Group will complete the takeover in within days according to the Mirror (75M) with Comolli coming in.

Also say they have beaten Elison in the race. Ffs

• Like 2

I know nothing of the Rui Kang Group but seeing as they are already working with Comolli shows they likely understand that we need football people involved in the club. That said I am a bit disappointed but the rumours real or false of Ellison are always going to be too good to ignore, who knows maybe this group are funded by a lot of rich Chinese people that are happy to put modest amounts in to resurrect the club. 

4 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Someone on TBAR posted, "Hi guys, haven't posted on here in a very long time but just thought I'd pass on a little bit of info. Hollis flew to Shanghai this afternoon on flight BA169 from Heathrow. Flew with two other people. I don't know if it's anything takeover related but I guess it's possible."  4:26 pm

This guy might actually not be a clearing in the woods?!

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Rui Kang Group are owned by the Chinese government, that's all I needed to see. hopefully means CHA CHING!!!!

Oh that's interesting. May at the very least mean that we are in safe hands, that said I'm just assuming here that the Chinese government is better than ours and more honourable but maybe they aren't, maybe we're screwed.. 

Aston Villa takeover set to be completed within days as Chinese group close in on £75million deal

The Hong Kong-based consortium want former Spurs and Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli in charge of the now-relegated Midlands giants

Aston-Villa-v-Southampton-Premier-League

Aston Villa are set to be taken over by a Chinese consortium within the next few days, paving the way for Damien Comolli to return to English football.

The Rui Kang Group are close to agreeing a £75million deal with owner Randy Lerner for the relegated Premier League side.

And the Chinese want Comolli to lead football operations as the Villans' technical director.

The 43-year-old, who has been out of the game since leaving his post as Liverpool's director of football in April 2012, would replace director of scouting and player recruitment Paddy Riley .

The Frenchman is experienced in this role and had already been director of football at Tottenham and French side St Etienne before being brought to Anfield by Fenway Sports Group in November 2010.

Comolli was accused of wasting money on transfers at all three clubs but has defended his record, pointing to Tottenham and Liverpool signing Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez respectively while he was their director of football.

He has been studying Villa’s set-up in readiness for his appointment and will oversee an overhaul at the club following relegation this season.

Hong Kong-based Rui Kang are owned by the Chinese government and deal mainly in cosmetic and pharmaceutical products but are keen to diversify into football.

comolli.jpg Comolli's been out of football for four years but has some terrific buys on his CV

They tried to buy Villa last year, but Lerner pulled out of the deal when the Chinese Stock Market crashed.

Rui Kang have maintained their interest and have gone through due diligence on Villa’s accounts.

They have beaten off interest from a number of rival bidders, including Oracle founder Larry Ellison, to put themselves in pole position to complete a deal with Lerner.

Clubless former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson has stalled on taking the Villa job because of doubts over the future of Aitor Karanka at now-Premier League Middlesbrough - where the 52-year-old ended his playing career - and while the new ownership at Villa Park is finalised.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-takeover-set-completed-7946860?

Red top, not James Nursey, no quotes, and the article is made even more dubious with the phantom Ellison link, which has no quotes either.

Not falling for it, Randy, you word removed.

Sounds good to me.. So a technical director that is a bit crazy when it comes to money, but also seems to uncover some legit good players at times with the backing of basically the Chinese government.. We could definitely be bought out by far worse candidates I am sure. I am kinda annoyed that Lerner pulled the deal last year, I get he was concerned that Villa may have been sold to guys with money right as their money became useless but how different could things be today if he had just sold us..