The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I'm going to have a bet on Sven or Big Phil being our new manager as soon as the takeover goes through

Both managing in china currently i bet our new overlords will love them

Edited by AshVilla

Just now, lmarsha_926 said:

If you believe that story then you believe the 5th richest man in the world has been outbid 

He has? Oh boy our new owners are richer than rich, I can't wait!! :D

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Red top, not James Nursey, no quotes, and the article is made even more dubious with the phantom Ellison link, which has no quotes either.

Not falling for it, Randy, you word removed.

How is the Ellison link phantom? It's been bandied around quite a bit recently.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, but no concrete links. His name has been bandied about on here at least twice before, so for me, it's just as phantom as ever. 

That said, if the link is legit this time, I'll happily believe in ghosts!

7 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

If you believe that story then you believe the 5th richest man in the world has been outbid 

I'm assuming the Chinese government are richer than Ellison, aside from that. They are an absolutely exploding market with an immense population, maybe the overall bid is better, not just in monetary terms. Also hasn't Ellison pledged 97 percent of his wealth to charity?

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus has been talked about for 2000 odd years doesn't mean he existed. Fantasy thinking and click bait IMO 

• Like 1

We have been hearing about this Chinese consortium thing quite a bit recently, as well as Rui Kang from different sources. I can't find all the links obviously but I am sure someone can. To me, this has been a slow and consistent stream of news with more details coming out slowly, not just random.

Either way I obviously really want it to be true.!

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Jesus has been talked about for 2000 odd years doesn't mean he existed. Fantasy thinking and click bait IMO 

Yes, fair enough, but Ellison definitely does exist. I have seen him on TV.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The only part i don't like is Damien Commoli

Well, your alternative at the moment is one General Charles Krulak...... the choice sir, is yours :-)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm assuming the Chinese government are richer than Ellison, aside from that. They are an absolutely exploding market with an immense population, maybe the overall bid is better, not just in monetary terms. Also hasn't Ellison pledged 97 percent of his wealth to charity?

Yeah China have a National wealth of about $22.8 trillion.. That said it would be beyond wishful thinking to assume even 0.1% of that is accessible by Rui Kang. It's interesting times that's for sure and I'm excited just thinking about what or who it could be more than anything. 

5 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Someone on TBAR posted, "Hi guys, haven't posted on here in a very long time but just thought I'd pass on a little bit of info. Hollis flew to Shanghai this afternoon on flight BA169 from Heathrow. Flew with two other people. I don't know if it's anything takeover related but I guess it's possible."  4:26 pm

ooooooooooohhhhhh, it lands in 81 minutes.....

Not sure why he would be flying to Shanghai to talk to a group based in Hong Kong....... Bit like visiting someone in Edinburgh by flying to Malta!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

ooooooooooohhhhhh, it lands in 81 minutes.....

Not sure why he would be flying to Shanghai to talk to a group based in Hong Kong....... Bit like visiting someone in Edinburgh by flying to Malta!

Cheaper flight, cost saving. Surprised he didn't use redundant staff to row him there for an extra buck. 

Gotta love austerity. 

2 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Cheaper flight, cost saving. Surprised he didn't use redundant staff to row him there for an extra buck. 

Gotta love austerity. 

Bugger, if he is having to walk from Shanghai to HK, it will add a couple of weeks to the takeover. Hope he has all the right paperwork with him.

• Like 1