The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

It's not true unless it's updated on Facebook.

We recently went from "In a relationship with The Premier League" to "It's Complicated."

All the signs point to the Premier League and Football League turning down Aston Villa’s £60million takeover by Dr Tony Xia’s Chinese consortium, on the grounds that they haven’t the funds to do so. 

Well-placed sources claim that American Randy Lerner, who is trying to offload the club at a knockdown price, has already been told that Xia will not pass the necessary financial tests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3618506/Football-League-puts-B-teams-agenda-turn-flight-clubs-help-finance-revolutionary-proposal.html

lol, from being one of the wealthiest, best backed teams competing for top European glory, to back to being a laughing stock and contemplating division one before the season is barely ended. Another week as a Villa fan.

So all the lawyers, bankers, advisers in this deal didn't think to actually check whether Dr X can actually afford us?!!

I seem to remember someone on here emailled whichever bank was handling the takeover initially about a fan buyout, and they were told that proof of funds is required up front.

I know RL has made some questionable decisions in his time with us. I doubt he's stupid enough to sell an asset without first checking the interested party actually has the money to pay him.

Smells like bs to me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Click bait (hopefully) 

Typically click bait doesn't appear under the lead in article,  our news is lumped in with far more important B-Team talk, yet based on how Daily Mail has dealt with us the news of Xia if truly accurate would be its own article which could mean it's bullshit. 

Said a couple of times that we fail to acknowledge what is staring us right in the face.

This random Chinese guy comes out saying he's buying us. Nobody can make head nor tail of who he is, what he is or what he is worth. There are inconsistencies all over the place and the media is a flood with doubts.....not once, not twice but multiple. 

I can safely say that nobody outside of villa really give 2 shits about this so it's a bizarre story to just make up.

The more I think about his crazy and wild claims that he makes about the future, the more I believe that him and villa have pulled off a mega PR stunt. 

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

A two line paragraph, with no quotes in what is essentially a gossip article on the Daily Mail?

Must be true...

As much as it must not be true.

Coz let's face, what respectable source is telling us otherwise? Aston villa? 

Erm.. Is this even part of the test?  I thought it was about criminal backgrounds etc. If he doesn't have the money it won't need the PL or the Aston Villa founded football league to turn it down. . The takeover will fail because he hasn't got the money to give to Randy. 

This is b0ll0cks.  I doubt legally they could block it because they don't think he has the money. Randy would get very irate if the cash was there ready to go into his account.

I would be more believing if they said they were blocking it because he couldn't prove that the funds he clearly does have were not the proceeds of crime, but that is not the story. 

Move along folks 

Edited by sidcow