The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

So battle lines drawn then?

Any time anyone draws unflattering comparisons between our new Dear Leader and other club owners they will be accused of racism; and any time doubt is cast on the totally unrealistic expectations set out in his first interview, the doubter will be accused of clinical depression if not some other sort of mental illness?

Just so long as we know how the new regime will work.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Any time anyone draws unflattering comparisons between our new Dear Leader and other club owners they will be accused of racism; and any time doubt is cast on the totally unrealistic expectations set out in his first interview, the doubter will be accused of clinical depression if not some other sort of mental illness?

I haven't seen anyone claiming racism because of the Yeung comparisons - I certainly wasn't at least. It's not racist to automatically compare Yeung to Xia, just lazy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Steven Hollis saying they had half a dozen  different serious potential buyers and him hand picking the doctor does make me feel a bit safer that Xia has the right intentions ! seems ambitions and seems to have fought hard to carve himself a career (Opposite from Lerner). I will give him the benefit of any doubts until he has shown that we need to worry. I honestly think Lerner intentions are good and I trust him enough to believe that he would only sell us to proper people. (Yes, for once I trust Lerner's judgement). Getting good or bad owners seems to be very 50/50, but we have been stuck with Lerner and deadly Doug for ages, hopefully we finally get lucky.

Yes I'd trust Lerner and Hollis selling to the right person more than Sullivan and Gold.  I think the next few months when a new manager is appointed and the transfer window opens we will know for sure.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Brinny-I think we all know that we aren't going to be one of the top 3 clubs in the world.

Would you sooner our owner claim that, that is his goal or would you sooner he tell us that he'll assemble an honest bunch of lads who will try very hard for promotion to the Prem, every season?

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

We just got a new owner, Randy Lerner is gone..

Cheer up for **** sake!

We haven't got a new owner. 

A new owner has got us.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Brinny-I think we all know that we aren't going to be one of the top 3 clubs in the world.

Would you sooner our owner claim that, that is his goal or would you sooner he tell us that he'll assemble an honest bunch of lads who will try very hard for promotion to the Prem, every season?

Does it matter? As long as he's ambitious and does right by us, who gives a shit. 

People put waaaaay too much stock in the words used as opposed to the sentiment behind them. 

• Like 1

I think there is a lot of idle speculation as to the Net worth of Tony Xia.

It will all unfold.

but hey a few years of good decisions will be worth its weight in gold.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Its really not about his personal wealth its about how much financial support he can generate our way.....in unison with good player aquisition decisions.

• Like 1

Some posters crying out for Lerner to go, questioning Hollis about the sale and moaning all things Villa.

We get a new owner, same posters totally ignore the positive statements and facts about Xia, and try to unearth bad things about him and don't like seeing other fans happy.

Really is strange, seems they want the attention on them all the time instead of the good things that happen for Villa.

Yes, a bit of caution is required, but f**k me, Lerner has gone! Yes, Lerner has gone!! 5 years of misery is replaced by some positivity, so i tell all Villa fans, f***king celebrate!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Somewhere in China a little red light is blinking on a map, it indicates your house.

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcowans21 said:

Some posters crying out for Lerner to go, questioning Hollis about the sale and moaning all things Villa.

We get a new owner, same posters totally ignore the positive statements and facts about Xia, and try to unearth bad things about him and don't like seeing other fans happy.

Really is strange, seems they want the attention on them all the time instead of the good things that happen for Villa.

Yes, a bit of caution is required, but f**k me, Lerner has gone! Yes, Lerner has gone!! 5 years of misery is replaced by some positivity, so i tell all Villa fans, f***king celebrate!!

The simple fact is .....The hope has returned, nothing more at this stage.

It was stagnant before and getting worse.

I think celebrate is a strong word.....I would say cautiously optimistic.

buy hey, celebrate if you like.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

The simple fact is .....The hope has returned, nothing more at this stage.

It was stagnant before and getting worse.

I think celebrate is a strong word.....I would say cautiously optimistic.

buy hey, celebrate if you like.

This really is the 'in' phrase at the moment isn't it :D

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We haven't got a new owner. 

A new owner has got us.

No he doesn't . Owners, players, managers, even some gloryhunters, if it goes well. They all come and go.

It will always belong to us

• Like 3

I can't be too mad at Villa fans who are still in shell shock over the Lerner nightmare and take a cynical view of any new owner. It's like a self protection reflex. 

But at least celebrate the fact that Randy Lerner and his flunkies from Hell will never get their hands on the club again.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2