The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

How long does the fit and proper test normally take?

My understanding is they do a quick Google check. Delay is being caused by the lack of info online. So they will just tick it off by Monday

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Nah, **** off - the comparison isn't a nationality thing at all.

I seem to remember him giving a nice fanfare saying £50m would be spent on players - giving figures exactly the same as Xia is doing, and exactly the same figures.  Did Abramovich do that?  Did Henry?  Did Mansour?

Just not racism in the slightest.

Don't know about Henry but I expect a quick Google would be revealing but both Abramovich and Mansour came in with big promises for certain 

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

I have known 2 millionaires (one of them a millionaire many times over) - I know that's a very small sample size (!) but they both had one thing in common.

Tight with money.  You don't become fabulously wealthy throwing money around when you don't need to  - that is for us plebs.

Now, that doesn't mean he IS loaded, but I can certainly see why he'd rather buy a Championship Club for half the price of a bottom half Premier League Club.

Terry you know and I know and the world knows.....with the right decisions or decisions back to normality......He/ they Have got a ******* bargain.

I emphasise They.....I still feel there is a group of power men behind Tony.

6 hours ago, osmark86 said:

how do some of you on here even get out of bed in the morning?

Usually right foot but if I have been sleeping on my belly it is very occasionally my left foot. . Once for reasons I cannot explain on a family site I used a combination of my right hand and forehead

• Like 1

In 2012, Arsenal and Emirates officially announced a new deal worth £150 million for the Emirates Stadium. The deal kept Emirates as the official match and training shirt sponsor for 5 years. The deal also granted Emirates the Ashburton Grove stadium naming rights until 2028. 

I'll have some of that thank you very much :D

5 hours ago, TRO said:

That parting Letter got me.....If ever there was a squidgen of doubt about Lerner or the slightest flicker of a flame of sympathy.

That Letter just about extinguished it all.

I know this won't go down well.....but I actually feel sorry for him......more for us of course.

He is like a little boy in a big business mans world.....and I genuinely think he means well....he just hasn't got a scoobie with sport.

I LOVE that he talks about his interest in history then mentions the JACOBEAN Holte Hotel. Not studied too hard then have you Randy. Shines an awful lot about his attention to detail. 

• Like 1

Do you know what. i feel a bit sad about how things turned out. Can't really describe it. 

This video, it's silly, but I think after this the fall started.

I find it hard to watch.

Edited by DK82

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

do i not like that. we have one of the finest and traditional grounds in the world,we also have room to expand if need be. all this new stadium talk does not sit well with me. id rather keep our tradition and identity whilst moving forward as a club,we can do both.

The biggest club ground in the UK broke ground in 1909 according to Wiki. OK so it's only a babby compared to the grandest old lady of all. A Johnny come lately if you like but it shows there is no reason to abandon your traditional home just to develop big.  There are some interesting comments about Aston on the o/s tonight. I don't think we are going anywhere. We are ASTON Villa not Birmingham United

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The biggest club ground in the UK broke ground in 1909 according to Wiki. OK so it's only a babby compared to the grandest old lady of all. A Johnny come lately if you like but it shows there is no reason to abandon your traditional home just to develop big.  There are some interesting comments about Aston on the o/s tonight. I don't think we are going anywhere. We are ASTON Villa not Birmingham United

Just seen this is my 600th post and I quite like it! 

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

'we have clauses in the contract with manager. anytime the club is not within the first 6 positions of the league, we can sack him'

I got to say I laughed there lol..... So watch out the new manager, if you lose the first match, you are sacked!!!!

Good job he bought us and not Wolves or someone. We will at least be top 6 all summer!

9 hours ago, KSV said:

I love that too. Attitude more important than talent. Didnt someone mention that he owns a company which sent something into space? Maybe he can get Gabby/Nzogbia and co on the next flight out. 

As long as it's one way and not return.

2 hours ago, sne said:

I don't wan't us to be the next Man City. but I also don't wan't us to become another Nottingham Forrest just so we can be crap but still retain a moral high ground.

Yes I know Forrest have new(ish) foreign owners.

Why can't we just be the next Aston Villa?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

What I'd give for the first event at Villa Park to be Xia taking out Gabby, Lescott and Bacuna with kung fu skills

kombat-esclator.gif

Consider this your release...Bradley Guzan!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Does it matter? As long as he's ambitious and does right by us, who gives a shit. 

People put waaaaay too much stock in the words used as opposed to the sentiment behind them. 

Of course it doesn't matter.

Throughout the course of the day, we've had people dissecting every single comment he's made. Whatever he's said, someone has managed to turn it into a negative.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm in the small minority that doesn't really care what the ground is called or where it is situated, as long as we have a successful team.

Time moves on and lifestyles change. 100 years ago, the majority of our support came from within walking distance of the ground. This then developed to areas on the other side of the city centre, then to surrounding areas and towns (Lichfield, Droitwich, Daventry etc) and finally where we are today, with possibly the majority of the support travelling from outside of Birmingham (a complete guess on my part)

Villa park is unrecognisable now to what it was in eras gone by. On reflection, the bulldozing of the Holte was the final nail.

We are now not relying on support from traditional areas of Aston, Perry Barr, Erdington, Kingstanding etc-I don't see the tie with the local community that was once there.

Football is a completely different entity now. The big clubs attract fans from all over the country, not just the local communities. That's what we should be planning long term. We have a great potential catchment area down that M5 channel and also down as far as Northampton, maybe further on the M6. I know its a dream but to develop a fan base would involve requiring a larger stadium. There is also a potential of us outgrowing our hospitality options, which would be accommodated better in a new stadium.

I envisage most of these stadiums will go in the next 100 years. Arsenal & West Hams already have, Spurs are to follow, Everton may be next. Chelsea may need to move at some point, as will Liverpool. We have to accept that times change and be prepared to move with the times