Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

16 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I personally dont think Moyes will go near us under Lerner, football board or not.

I would probably think that too if we hadn't (badly) spent over £50m in the summer.  If he can get assurances that the money will still be there; now at Chumpionship level; in the summer and he is confident in the new structure above him at board level then there's no reason he won't be able to make a fist of it.  Fingers crossed 'n all that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would probably think that too if we hadn't (badly) spent over £50m in the summer.  If he can get assurances that the money will still be there; now at Chumpionship level; in the summer and he is confident in the new structure above him at board level then there's no reason he won't be able to make a fist of it.  Fingers crossed 'n all that.

The expectation for Moyes will be to take us straight back up. I think he looks at our squad in the same way many of us do. That promotion will be hard to achieve with this players, a top team maybe but not at all favourites for promotion. That is a big risk for Moyes. I dont think we will be able to do much of an overhaul of our squad this summer as other seem to think will be happening. Simply because we won't be able to get rid of some of them we want to get rid of. Bit of pessimist but its really hard to be something else about Villa right now.

Now I hope it will be Moyes. Cause if he believe in Villa maybe I can again too.

I think it'll be Moyes.

We're a good fit, he's out of work, we've gone for him before (apparently) and he's now odds on favourite in some places (I know, I know.. Odds mean nothing)

I think it will be him holding the shirt on the OS, and I'm a big fan of that.

• Like 2

I personally have no preference out of the "top 4" Moyes, Bruce, Dyche or Pearson.

All would be an improvement and all have different plus points.

Whilst Moyes is running ahead in this poll, we are also seeing many different names suggested-This indicates to me that opinion is fairly divided. There is no real "right" choice here and any one of those 4 could succeed (as could some of the other names mentioned)

We need a slice of luck and also a commitment from Lerner that money is going to be made available. Hopefully, we can keep a fairly big sized squad which will be an advantage, get rid of some of the current squad and replace them with players who fit the managers vision. The obvious disadvantage being that we may not hit the ground running next season.

20 minutes ago, bringbackbigron said:

More time on Sky News about Gary Neville than Villa. Sad that a failed manager and grating on United loving commentator is more important than the once mighty Villa. 

We haven't been mighty for 35 years though

Of the names that are apparently possibilities according to the bookies, Rodgers would be my preference. Can't see it happening at all though, his stock isn't that low yet and I can see him filling the next vacancy at whatever semi-decent Premier League proposition becomes available.

Moyes is probably the next best option, and as much as it makes sense and we'd be lucky to have him in our current predicament, I'd be lying if I said his most recent endeavours haven't dampened any excitement I may have once had for the idea (not that he's the type to command excitement, but at this stage I'd be ecstatic at the mere idea of solidity so...).

Ultimately I'm already resigned to it being Pearson though, who is such an odious character that I'm more than likely going to struggle to separate the man from the job. Same was the case with Sherwood but fortunately enough he's shit regardless so you couldn't distinguish.

Edited by Indigo

I will go support birmingham city if gary neville becomes the next villa manager.

I will be done with football if that word removed becomes our manger!

Language barrier, inexperience etc. doesn't excuse going on that sort of run with that Valencia side in a league largely uncompetitive outside of the top 5/6 (of which they are one). Neville was given a great opportunity and messed it up. That's all he can be judged on at this moment, not what he said in a SkySports studio.

Edited by Isa