Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

The Guardian are reporting the board want a British manager with Premier League experience, so (if true) it rules out the likes of Warburton and Grayson. Rodgers was mentioned, I think he is the best choice long term, especially if we keep the majority of our exciting young players and integrate academy players - given his experience at youth level and Swansea.  

Ian Holloway? he fits the premier league experience gets clubs promoted bracket would be cheap as chips and less of a dick than Pearson as well which speaks volumes

BqSNFBBCYAAEhxW.jpg

Edited by AshVilla

I may sound contradicting, but now i realised that my initial thoughts were wrong.

I wanted Pearson but after having time to think away, it has to be David Moyes without a doubt.

He has the ability to rebuild this team from scratch, he may not know the Championship but my gosh he can pick some very good players on a shoestring budget...

Coleman

Stones

Lescott (Before & during his prime)

Jagielka

Oviedo

Mirallas

Baines

Cahill

Arteta

Howard

Pienaar

Plus more..

He can get his teams playing with passion with organisation. If he can get his staff and full control we will be very fortunate to have him hired under our current state. He can

certainly get us up and stabilise us in the Premiership without a doubt.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Ian Holloway is less of a dick than nobody.

He's a different kind of dick the amusing kind think of the amount of fun we could have with that oddball at the helm

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

He's a different kind of dick the amusing kind

He's like the park bench piss head. At first he's funny, then you feel a bit sorry for him, then you just want the prat to shut uo. 

The same Ian Holloway who called us a 'half-arsed club that used to be famous'? Nah. I'll pass thanks 'Ollie'.

Here is my order of preference of the names mentioned.

Moyes > Dyche > Warbuton > Hughton > Rowett > Rodgers > Bruce > McCarthy > Grayson > Warnock >

> Neville > Lennon > Holloway > Pearson

Realistically, I'd be happy with any of the first 5 names.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The same Ian Holloway who called us a 'half-arsed club that used to be famous'

I find it hard to disagree with him tbh

The way the club has been run has been half-arsed and we haven't won anything for a long time so i think the fame is dwindling a bit

As for him being a gobshite well compared to Pearson he's nothing more than mild mannered

I can see pluses for everyone on the poll, guess that shows how incredible shit we have become, I've always wanted Moyes, but we have not long got rid of a dour Scotsman so I'm going for Pearson. Bruce would be my last choice but still think he'd give us a chance of getting up, anyway, I'm looking forward to next season

I find it hard to disagree with him tbh

The way the club has been run has been half-arsed and we haven't won anything for a long time so i think the fame is dwindling a bit

As for him being a gobshite well compared to Pearson he's nothing more than mild mannered

He said that in Houllier's season. We might not have won anything around that time, but we had just finished 6th, 6th & 6th in the previous seasons. Give us that now and we'd feel like a team on the up, pushing for bigger things.

If I remember correctly, he said those comments when Houllier was interested in signing Charlie Adam. Whether it's now right or not, I can't see our fans (me included) simply writing off those comments and welcoming him with open arms. Hence why he's right down the bottom of my list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I like Moyes too....feel he may have had too many knock backs....but that may be misleading

I like the persona of Pearson and I think the club is primed for his kind of style.I think we need to change and I think he will know how to do it.

He reminds me of Saunders, no nonsense, no small talk and 110% effort.

He may only take us so far, but that could be the case with every candidate.....such is the level we have fell from.

and then we would need another to push us on.

What is it about his personas is there to like? I'm genuinely perplexed by this. There's a big difference between being direct and not taking any shit and being a nasty prick. I fail to see how the club is "primed for his kind of style"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

He would take no crap from the players. Maybe thats what we need now!

But we need more than that and it's not really worth it with somebody like Pearson because he's too extreme.

As I keep on saying, just because a manager is all shouty in public doesn't mean they can actually instill discipline in the dressing room.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He would take no crap from the players. Maybe thats what we need now!

People keep saying this like we'll have the same squad. How many of the so-called senior players will still be here next season? Probably only Gabby. I think we'll see a big turnover regardless of manager.